Threaded View

Thanks

On what bases does the Nexon Banhammer strike?

I've got a few questions for anyone willing to answer. Anyone have a reasonable idea of how Nexon decides if someone hacks and deserves a ban in their eyes or not? There's no way to tell for sure how the process works if you're not the one doing it, but I'd like a general idea. It's pretty obvious that I've been banned.

I've been a closet hacker for 2 years or so, mostly just chamming, nametagging, and norecoiling/nospreading away, with poor tactics such as silencing my guns and holding the hbs out once in a while. I used a ghost hack once, in the past week, for about 2 minutes in game. Do people think players would of gathered enough evidence for a perma ban?

This may be redundant but...regarding screenshots, crash text files, and crash dumps...are they used much in determining the legitimacy of a player? I'm fairly sure that screenshots are used though. However, do screenshots immediately get sent off to Nexon when you take them, so that they may use it as evidence later? Do the same apply for the post-crash files? Once you login with a patched or detected hack and you crash, and a dump file is made, you're toast....eh?

One last bit: how does one rez cham so that the risk of exposure is minimized? Or is this method not foolproof too?

I realize that once they catch you, they do whatever they feel like to your account. But, the point of this is minimizing the chance of being caught, or minimizing the evidence against hackers.
    Last edited by Violetips; 06-28-2012 at 07:57 AM.