JetaEngine Development

Posts 1–15 of 28 · Page 1 of 2
JetaEngine Development
You may find some segments of the code are a little messy, for example, when defining a new struct I go :
Struct sName;
sName.propertie = 50;
sName.propertie2 = 83;

etc, but it's to simplify debugging. There are a couple of compile warnings, that's due to my use of strcpy opposed to strncpy, and casting from float to integer warnings, that's because the RECT struct uses float properties, and I'm setting them with parameters given by the caller, which are int. I programmed all the classes, and there are one or two in there that aren't used. Anyway, I hope you find the classes useful

Important Notes :
When you download the source, winTest\ttest can be deleted along with winTest\ttest I used those projects with in my solution to test out several methods I made.


In some cpp files you will find a commented out header information, that was so I could scroll up and figure out which methods and variables I should be using. In GameEngineSettings.h, if debug is defined, it will look for all the files in C:\game\, otherwise it will look in the local directory. Have fun, and I hope you learn. BTW : These objects can be used to create a pretty epic d3d menu with a bit of modding if that gets you interested.

Download (9mb due to game files I assume): **********: Easy Filehosting

If you need any help, just post a reply. Make sure it's not a retarded question. I will be posting an ollyDbg debugging tutorial shortly.
wat does it do..?
Quote Originally Posted by u1111u View Post
wat does it do..?
It makes yogurt taste like ice cream.
Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
It makes yogurt taste like ice cream.
lol wow xD
Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
It makes yogurt taste like ice cream.
O RLY? I am totally gonna try this out.

Edit: It dun work! :@
Quote Originally Posted by Lolland View Post
O RLY? I am totally gonna try this out.

Edit: It dun work! :@
Did you compile?
You should really release it under a license, just in case shit happens.

Because... shit always happens. =_=
Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
You should really release it under a license, just in case shit happens.

Because... shit always happens. =_=
:X I will once I get the map editor completed. If I can get some devlopers to tag along with me, from there on it'll be a closed source project.
I'm uploading the latest version of the code Saturday. It should include a scripting call table, and an array of methods to load and execute scripts. The call table is actually quite neat. You defined a library, DLL, and then you go :
MethodNameUsedInScript:ExportedSymbolFromLibraryNa me
Be aware when using this that you must create your own .def files to prevent your compiler from decorating exported symbols. -_- Or you can just compile, and look at the dump for imports and use the decorated version :S
This time make it so that yogurt does taste like ice cream
jetaEngine development team.
Currently, jetaEngine is an open source project. Later in development it will become close-sourced. The source-code to our project(the map maker at the moment) can be found at iviolate.co.uk . The map maker will be the base of our design. The scripting system, map format system and sprite loading system will be based off of it. Here's a more indepth description of the folders and files in the server :

(original) Bulk Solution:
The whole project, this isn't kept up to date though
game.rar :
The files the executable needs to be in to execute
sourcefiles :
Contains the latest headers\source files of the project to update the bulk solution.

If you want to apply as staff, please post a well formatted profile.

I apply to be Official Tester when it gets implemented into a game.
Application
-----------------------
Name: Greg
Age: 16
Time Programing with C++: less than 24 hours
GFX Skills: Ok :O
What else can you bring to the group: i donated u hosting for development.
i can pwn at gfx when i want to.

i put my self on the mo effin dev team but that can be a template for ******s
In case you noticed I merged the Development threads together. I think we're going to start working hard on the engine and complimentary anticheat now. That means it'll soon be official who is and isn't in the team.
Is this a game or a engine like Cheat engine and MHS??
Posts 1–15 of 28 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us