Do you think religion will fade away in the 100 years?

Posts 1–15 of 94 · Page 1 of 7
Do you think religion will fade away in the 100 years?
I feel like "non religious and beliefs" are rising pretty fast and they are now on the top 10 list of "religions". So my question is as generations go by will religions fade away?
No I don't think so
Maybe some are quitting their religion but that doesn't mean that those religious men and their children will quit any time soon


- - - Updated - - -

Nice name btw
guess you were abused by the mofo dav
1.6 billion billion muslims
2.2 billion christians

The end of religion is nowhere near.
nah it wont because of popes and shit
There was something something called the secularization thesis. I don't recall who exactly constructed it, but social theorists such as Marx, Durkheim, and Weber theorized that as society modernized, the authority and practices of religion would dimish.

Though... They made a huge miscalculation.

In the Western world, religion is on the decline. In other parts of the world... Not so much. They coined this as the resecularization thesis. Religion isn't going anywhere.
mormons

obvly
scientology is the only true religion and it will never fade it will only get stronger by the power of tom cruise
I honestly don't think so, there is like billions of people in only ONE religion, it will take thousands upon thousands of years to fade away.
not in 100 years, but sure do wish religion will be gone tho, it only hold us back from advancement
There will probably be an increase of Atheists and a decrease of other religions, but they wont go away that fast.
Religion will decline. I hope so.
Will it diminish. I hope so.

Religion restricts people. It causes war. It is illogical.
I for one have thought of being an Atheist or a Humanist.
Only the future can show us the path people take.
Now that I think about it, I don't even know why I started this thread LOL. If you actually think about it, religion will never FULLY go away. I mean it will lose it's power but there will always be people who worship something. That is just a basic human nature. I mean worshiping science (in a way) is still worshiping. However that being said, the religions we know of today will eventually go away just because as more and more lies come about about the religion and more people get educated they will lose faith. However new "religion" will spring up to take their places. As I said it's basic human nature to worship (majority that is what i am talking about)
Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
Now that I think about it, I don't even know why I started this thread LOL. If you actually think about it, religion will never FULLY go away. I mean it will lose it's power but there will always be people who worship something. That is just a basic human nature. I mean worshiping science (in a way) is still worshiping. However that being said, the religions we know of today will eventually go away just because as more and more lies come about about the religion and more people get educated they will lose faith. However new "religion" will spring up to take their places. As I said it's basic human nature to worship (majority that is what i am talking about)
thats what i wanted to ask
You speak about monotheistic religions multitheisitc and also spiritual ones?
Not in every religion you worship an god or anything else in some you just try to get body and soul on to one level i think this are really good religions

" As I said it's basic human nature to worship (majority that is what i am talking about)"
Wrong its basic to follow other humans we are pack animals and yes we are animals we get controlled everyday trough out instincts take the basic one: hunger. In tv you will see an super nice looking hamburger and the half naked bitch will tell you how delicious it is its an bomb for your limbic system your basic instincts are called you wanna eat and you wanna fuck.............. after the show the girl pukes out the burger because she dont want get fat again humans are pack animals we are hyper social and wanna fit in
she have to be beautiful to deal with their opponents thats why girls buy so much make up shit

Some smart persons know all this shit + got a lot of money they know how to control this world



But for your real topic i dont hope that Religion is gone in 100 years ok the monotheistic i dont care away with the christians and the islam but not all religions are bad
Stop thinking black and white
Religion will always be a part of humanity, as we are not able to answer all of the questions people want answers to such as "How did we get here" and "Why are we here?" with science. It is easier to fill the gaps with some form of god(s) than to accept that science is a process that can't answer such questions at our current point in time. The way I see it, religion is like comfort food but to make a person feel like their existence is meaningful even if it isn't.
Quote Originally Posted by wan View Post
Religion will always be a part of humanity, as we are not able to answer all of the questions people want answers to such as "How did we get here" and "Why are we here?" with science, it is easier to fill the gaps with some form of a god(s) than to accept that science is a process that can't answer such questions at our current point in time.
what is god for you ? A Person ?
For me i would describe god as power natural power essence of everything .........
Posts 1–15 of 94 · Page 1 of 7

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?