Thanks

[Ranting101 #2] DLC1 zombies Trailer - Thoughts

If you haven't seen the trailer. You can watch it here:

So today came out the DLC1 Zombies trailer for the game. I was so excited to watch it until I actually watched it. This was the worst thing I've ever seen in COD's existence. They completely ruined zombies and I hate its style, it looks like some kid made a custom zombies map with the BO3 map editor.

The map just looks small as fuck, it doesn't look fun. The atmosphere is so fucking dull that they had to add something special to it (the stupid lights that turn on randomly). I mean it doesn't even fit, "Rave in the redwoods", who the fuck goes out raving in the woods? You would've been better off making it "Rave in the stadium". I think the map being a stadium would be better than the woods. Let me guess, there will be some sort of Mike Myres type EE? Yea for sure.... All the fanboys at /r/codzombies will probably disagree with me. I hate how everyone is started to Milk zombies. It should be a Treyarch special, It should never be bundled with any COD unless it's made by Treyarch. Because all the game devs do is ruin a very good gamemode and make us suffer. We have to wait 1 year 9 months before Treyarch's COD comes out.

To be completely honest, I enjoy Zombies in Spaceland for a little bit before I got bored. But this map seems like it was made by children, I'm not going to lie about that.

You can also watch the intro here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzHRNMf6WVM

What do you guys think of this map? I for one, am never going to buy it. I wonder why people torrent games, it's because most games are shit nowadays.
    Last edited by senpairuler1; 01-24-2017 at 05:36 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to senpairuler1 For This Useful Post:

Taylor Suewift (01-31-2017)

Thanks
    They try to hard to make it look serious then fuck it up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    What did they fuck up, because I've been enjoying the new map so far.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StaindHart View Post
    What did they fuck up, because I've been enjoying the new map so far.
    The whole feeling of the map just makes it feel boring already. I haven't even touched the map. The fact that IW zombies isn't serious and all about fun, is boring. Like if the zombies were a bit more spooky like Treyarch's, it would be way better. Also, they need to add more fog to make it look creepy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to senpairuler1 For This Useful Post:

Taylor Suewift (02-02-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    i agree with you , treyarch should be the only one who makes zombies otherwise its going to be a typical boring thing , and honestly i prefer infinity ward to do survival mode over zombies .
    oh and btw in the trailer Andre's forehead could be its own zombies map , i mean seriously it looks so big

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by senpairuler1 View Post
    The map just looks small as fuck, it doesn't look fun. The atmosphere is so fucking dull that they had to add something special to it.
    Not entirely sure how you can get a real feel for the atmosphere of a map without even playing it. It's narrow but seems to be a decent size from what I played of it.

I mean it doesn't even fit, "Rave in the redwoods", who the fuck goes out raving in the woods? You would've been better off making it "Rave in the stadium". I think the map being a stadium would be better than the woods.
    Sorry, but you're definitely wrong about that, or it may just be that the culture is different in your country. In my experiance raves tend to happen in fields, woods, clubs, someone's house or old abandoned buildings. Stadiums are more suited to big name rock/pop acts.

It should be a Treyarch special, It should never be bundled with any COD unless it's made by Treyarch. Because all the game devs do is ruin a very good gamemode and make us suffer. We have to wait 1 year 9 months before Treyarch's COD comes out.
    Why should it just be Treyarch allowed to make zombies? Because they did it before Infinity Ward? Well IW made Call of Duty before Treyarch did, so Treyarch shouldn't be allowed to make CoD games at all!
    Facetiousness aside, in what way are you being made to suffer? Are you that big a fan of Extinction mode or one of the spec ops/survival modes that you still lament their ommision from this game?
    It doesn't effect the wait for the next Treyarch zombies whatsoever, it just means we'll only have to go a year without (unless Sledgehammer decides to include an Exo-Zombies mode or similar again in their next game).

But this map seems like it was made by children, I'm not going to lie about that.
    Why? Because sometimes there's bright, vibrant colours for a brief time?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRelaxingEnd View Post
    Treyarch should be the only one who makes zombies otherwise its going to be a typical boring thing
    I don't understand this logic. First of all, Treyarch are far from infallible, they've made bad/boring maps too. Secondly, "a typical boring thing"? So far IW have released just two maps. Both of them different, not only from one another, but from what Treyarch had done previously. So that's not exactly typical or boring...

At the end of the day it seems different people wanted different things from IW Zombies.
    Personally I wanted something that, at it's core, played like Treyarch zombies but with a different theme/atmosphere. I wanted something fun. Different yet familiar. And IW delivered!
    I was honestly bored by the end of BO3 zombies. The story had become waaaaaaay too contrived, convoluted and had strayed too far from what I originally enjoyed about it (we went from crazed Nazi scientists and mysterious meteors to Lovecraftian nonsense, fighting "gods" and a shattered timeline/reality).
    Then you have, what should have been, the epic final battle. Which turned out to be pretty much a boring rehash of an earlier fight followed by a lackluster ending. There may be more to BO3, there may be a super easter egg (other than the katana/RK5), there may be an alternate ending, but barely anyone cares anymore. DLC 1 for the next game in the series is already out (on PS4)!! Blundell/Treyarch need to shit or get off the pot. If there's still significant stuff to find or the potential to add stuff in, tell us! All we need is a hint as to whether or not people are wasting their damn time.

Thanks
    I played this yesterday. Its good but not as good as spaceland. Probably because I haven't learnt the map that well yet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StaindHart View Post
    Not entirely sure how you can get a real feel for the atmosphere of a map without even playing it. It's narrow but seems to be a decent size from what I played of it.

Sorry, but you're definitely wrong about that, or it may just be that the culture is different in your country. In my experiance raves tend to happen in fields, woods, clubs, someone's house or old abandoned buildings. Stadiums are more suited to big name rock/pop acts.

Why should it just be Treyarch allowed to make zombies? Because they did it before Infinity Ward? Well IW made Call of Duty before Treyarch did, so Treyarch shouldn't be allowed to make CoD games at all!
    Facetiousness aside, in what way are you being made to suffer? Are you that big a fan of Extinction mode or one of the spec ops/survival modes that you still lament their ommision from this game?
    It doesn't effect the wait for the next Treyarch zombies whatsoever, it just means we'll only have to go a year without (unless Sledgehammer decides to include an Exo-Zombies mode or similar again in their next game).

Why? Because sometimes there's bright, vibrant colours for a brief time?

I don't understand this logic. First of all, Treyarch are far from infallible, they've made bad/boring maps too. Secondly, "a typical boring thing"? So far IW have released just two maps. Both of them different, not only from one another, but from what Treyarch had done previously. So that's not exactly typical or boring...

At the end of the day it seems different people wanted different things from IW Zombies.
    Personally I wanted something that, at it's core, played like Treyarch zombies but with a different theme/atmosphere. I wanted something fun. Different yet familiar. And IW delivered!
    I was honestly bored by the end of BO3 zombies. The story had become waaaaaaay too contrived, convoluted and had strayed too far from what I originally enjoyed about it (we went from crazed Nazi scientists and mysterious meteors to Lovecraftian nonsense, fighting "gods" and a shattered timeline/reality).
    Then you have, what should have been, the epic final battle. Which turned out to be pretty much a boring rehash of an earlier fight followed by a lackluster ending. There may be more to BO3, there may be a super easter egg (other than the katana/RK5), there may be an alternate ending, but barely anyone cares anymore. DLC 1 for the next game in the series is already out (on PS4)!! Blundell/Treyarch need to shit or get off the pot. If there's still significant stuff to find or the potential to add stuff in, tell us! All we need is a hint as to whether or not people are wasting their damn time.
    You seem very stubborn lmao, COD Fanboy...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Lol I'll admit to being stubborn but I'm not exactly a CoD fanboy (I've always thought of CoD as the video game equivalent of fast food, something quick and easy I can throw on when I don't need/want to think). If anything I'm a CoD zombies fanboy (though fuck exo zombies)
    Also, if I see someone talking shit about something I enjoy I'll attempt to engage them in conversation about it, dissecting any flaws I see in their comment/argument. That usually goes one of two ways, they'll either respond like a fully functioning person, we'll have a back and forth and normally agree to disagree. Orrrrrrrr, if they're just a dickhead with the I.Q. of a bruised grapefruit, they'll respond with "TRIGGERED LOLOLLLOO!!!!111!!" at which point I just assume that they're "special needs" and ignore them.

Thanks
    I personally enjoy the map, and hope others do as well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I honestly don't see the point of them selling DLC on PC. BARELY anyone even plays normal TDM on retail maps let alone DLC maps.

On another note, I think they should seriously consider removing all other games modes on IW and just keeping TDM, FFA, DOM and Search; since that's what everyone only plays anyways.

MPGH HISTORY:

Registered Since 4-23-2013
    Editor 09-04-2013 - unknown
    Minion 10-22-2013 - 1-18-2014
    Donator 12-31-2014 - present
    Premium Seller 12-31-2016 - present
    Minion 03-15-2017 - I forgot