Thanks

Overwatch ban carrying over to other logged in accounts.

A few days ago (12) I received an overwatch ban on my main account. I soon made another account and we all know how much bots there are in non-prime, well atleast in my region. I never used any cheats on this new account and after 6 comp games was convicted by overwatch. This account was made using a random account generator and is only linked by being logged into the same pc. Does ban's spread to other accounts logged in on the same PC?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Melktert View Post
    other accounts logged in on the same PC?
    Not sure what you mean by this because you can only be logged into one account at a time.
    This shouldn't happen because steam bans the account cheating and only that account (unless you're phone sharing).
    It is an OW ban so it is POSSIBLE to get falsely convicted but really rare.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Melktert View Post
    Does ban's spread to other accounts logged in on the same PC?
    VAC bans will transfer to other connected accounts (ie. same email, prime phone number). Other than that, you most likely exceeded the maximum amount of reports needed to be sent to Overwatch. The general rule of thumb is that it takes 11 reports within 21-24 hours to generate a case.

Thanks
    You see the thing is tho, i decided to go clean this time on this new account, and it got a ban after a few games (overwatch), that is why I asking. I meant logged into the same pc because I use big picture to switch between accounts. It had to been transferred over somehow because overwatch is 99.8% accurate.

Thanks
    I have definitely confirmed now that the ban is carrying over somehow, might be by accounts logged in on the same pc? I played 1 comp on a fresh new account that I made with my own created email address. And 2 minutes after the comp finished I got a overwatch ban message.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Strange. That's not how Overwatch works. Could you record it? If the creation of a new account takes around a minute and you get the message approximately 2 minutes afterwards. It shouldn't take long to make it happen. I would do it myself, but I haven't got this problem and steps to reproduce it aren't given.

#LOGS
    12-02-2020 ⌨ [MPGH]defaulto got gifted the Premium Membership from [MPGH]Azuki - sponsored by [MPGH]Flengo.
    27-11-2019 ⌨ [MPGH]defaulto captured the GFX Team Base together with [MPGH]Howl & [MPGH]Poonce.
    08-14-2017 ⌨ defaulto joined the game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    i always used to get my acounts linked via the phone number. make sure you're not confirming the account via your phone number or via the steam app. That could be a reason of linking. Usually Steam doesn't link the IP addresses

My MPGH Activity
    ----------------------------------------------------
    December 17 2018 -> June 09 2020 - News Force Team
    May 02 2018 - Premium Seller
    December 18 2017 - Premium member

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Had you tried logging multiple accounts in one computer? It might be the reason why you get banned.

Thanks
    Multiple accounts on the same pc yes. I tried making a new windows account where no other steam profiles are but it still happened.

- - - Updated - - -

I created a new email address everytime, never used a phone number.

- - - Updated - - -

I first got an overwatch ban (game ban) on my main account, after a few hours it changed to a VAC ban. Few days later another signed in account received a VAC ban but i did use a skin changer on that account, so I'm assuming it could be that but could also have carried over even though they are not linked. Then the bans kept on spreading.

Its bothering me because I really want to play CS clean but its not allowing me, no matter what I do.

After I removed the other extra accounts (except my main account), it still happened.
    Last edited by Melktert; 06-27-2019 at 09:12 AM. Reason: extra info

Thanks
    i have no idea why you're lying about going clean. Your cheat is VAC detected. It says you get convicted by overwatch, however, its just VAC. Happened to me several times before I even made it to level 2. No MM played. ur just cheating