Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Game ban to VAC ban

So, around a month ago, i got OW banned in game (after 36 hours after not playing) on my acc which turned into VAC. At that time i was cheating for around 6 months using Skush, and I was using the most up to date version, which was 12 hours after its release. I think it was Skush v3.135 (idk why Officer stopped updating it just recently tho)

So, me and my friend had a discussion, and he thinks that I got banned cause the cheat was detected, and he copy pasted this from a post he found: If it's due to your injector/cheat being detected it'll start as game ban then turn to vac for both untrusted and overwatch.

I think that I simply got OW banned and due to the cheat being public, it simply turned into VAC cause they are aware of it.

Who's right?

Help me out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1058347 this is a sticky thread about the different kinds of bans. Hope it answers your question.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSoFluffy View Post
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1058347 this is a sticky thread about the different kinds of bans. Hope it answers your question.
    A few things probably have changed since 2015 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by X54 View Post
    So, around a month ago, i got OW banned in game (after 36 hours after not playing) on my acc which turned into VAC. At that time i was cheating for around 6 months using Skush, and I was using the most up to date version, which was 12 hours after its release. I think it was Skush v3.135 (idk why Officer stopped updating it just recently tho)

So, me and my friend had a discussion, and he thinks that I got banned cause the cheat was detected, and he copy pasted this from a post he found: If it's due to your injector/cheat being detected it'll start as game ban then turn to vac for both untrusted and overwatch.

I think that I simply got OW banned and due to the cheat being public, it simply turned into VAC cause they are aware of it.

Who's right?

Help me out.
    Overwatch Bans which are highly disruptive will transfer into a VAC Ban. You probably just played too obvious. At that time there was no 'official' ban wave. Due to the many false claims of bans in OfficerX his threads it is pretty hard to tell if it was detected.

OfficerX probably has a lot of stuff to do. Maybe he got his hands binded due to his private life. Maybe he is working on a new version. Who knows? Only his close friends, I guess.

#LOGS
    12-02-2020 ⌨ [MPGH]defaulto got gifted the Premium Membership from [MPGH]Azuki - sponsored by [MPGH]Flengo.
    27-11-2019 ⌨ [MPGH]defaulto captured the GFX Team Base together with [MPGH]Howl & [MPGH]Poonce.
    08-14-2017 ⌨ defaulto joined the game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Quote Originally Posted by defaulto View Post
    My knowledge on this kinda stuff doesn't go much further than 2015 if i'm honest, glad you showed up as i hate spreading false/outdated information.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by defaulto View Post

Overwatch Bans which are highly disruptive will transfer into a VAC Ban. You probably just played too obvious. At that time there was no 'official' ban wave. Due to the many false claims of bans in OfficerX his threads it is pretty hard to tell if it was detected.

OfficerX probably has a lot of stuff to do. Maybe he got his hands binded due to his private life. Maybe he is working on a new version. Who knows? Only his close friends, I guess.
    but why would it transfer to a vac ban for me being less or more obvious? I haven't heard of ppls OW Game Bans turning into VAC Bans after 1 day cause of obvious gameplay

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by X54 View Post
    but why would it transfer to a vac ban for me being less or more obvious? I haven't heard of ppls OW Game Bans turning into VAC Bans after 1 day cause of obvious gameplay
    I understand your answer. I did forget to add that Overwatch Bans alone will never result in a VAC ban by itself.
    But it is more likely that you will get banned from VAC too since those two separate systems never stop working.

If you got hit by the VAC-Hammer too this can mean one of these two cases:

• A Cheat you did use was detected already. VAC Bans are delayed.
      - Up to a month delay should be expected.

• A Cheat you did use got detected afterward. This is possible because they collect data from your sessions.
      - I am not sure how long they store these pieces of information though. Probably a few months, up to a year. Else Ban Waves wouldn't be a thing.

Hope this solves your discussion.
    Last edited by defaulto; 08-12-2019 at 06:34 AM.

#LOGS
    12-02-2020 ⌨ [MPGH]defaulto got gifted the Premium Membership from [MPGH]Azuki - sponsored by [MPGH]Flengo.
    27-11-2019 ⌨ [MPGH]defaulto captured the GFX Team Base together with [MPGH]Howl & [MPGH]Poonce.
    08-14-2017 ⌨ defaulto joined the game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I don't believe it would've been a game ban if the cheat was detected / public. Most of the time when this happens, it results in a untrusted ban, not a game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Last edited by X54; 08-13-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Thanks
    Same thing happened to me. Started as a game ban, then turned into VAC. Using my own injector and Osiris fork

Last edited by .e7; 08-16-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    ye i think its just because the cheat is public, it jsut gets detected when u get banned, but its not an actual cause of the ban

Thanks
    i got the same thing, it means you were game banned for cheating.