Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

What python Automation module interacts with another program in a separate window?

You can automate a boring task using PyAutoGUI module one python. However, the thing is, once you run that script you basically can't touch your computer. You have to sit there and watch the boring ass script execute.

With the selenium module, you can automate browser tasks. You can minimize the selenium controlled browser and play a game while it still does all the automated tasks in the minimized window.

My question is, is there a module or some sort of solution where I can automate a program like Photoshop or Microsoft word etc in a controlled window like it does in the selenium controlled browser? This way, I can minimize the controlled window and do other shit on my computer (like play a game or watch netflix). I just mouse use and keyboard use.

(I know I can run the script in a virtual machine, but that shit takes up loads of resources and I want to use the full potential of my graphics card).

Or if there isn't a solution in Python, another language?
    Last edited by Allura; 09-18-2019 at 05:49 PM.
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Setup a VM, run photoshop and a macro application.

You won't be able to use your computer unless you do the VM part, and any sort of macro program that does what you want should work. There are literally thousands.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    sandboxie? and ahk idk what kinda macro you mean for automation, even tampermonkey work

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

Threadstarter
    Cryptocurrency
    and
    Minecraft
    Staff

Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Setup a VM, run photoshop and a macro application.

You won't be able to use your computer unless you do the VM part, and any sort of macro program that does what you want should work. There are literally thousands.
    The VM solution. I want a solution like with the selenium browser (you can automate browser stuff while the window is minimized). I want that solution but for other programs like photoshop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sbuj View Post
    sandboxie? and ahk idk what kinda macro you mean for automation, even tampermonkey work
    Mouse clicking, and keyboard writing automation (aka macros, like in PyAutoGUI). Sandboxie won't work because there is still only 1 cursor. I need 2 cursor, like in a VM (but I dont want a VM)
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    The VM solution. I want a solution like with the selenium browser (you can automate browser stuff while the window is minimized). I want that solution but for other programs like photoshop

- - - Updated - - -

Mouse clicking, and keyboard writing automation (aka macros, like in PyAutoGUI). Sandboxie won't work because there is still only 1 cursor. I need 2 cursor, like in a VM (but I dont want a VM)
    depending on what you want to type and where you need to click you might wana look into GDI or GDI+ or go on c# or ++ and make a mousecall event and mimic a click to the coordinates of the area in the string relative to xy

https://www.opencv-srf.com/2011/11/mouse-events.html
    use this to find coords
    Last edited by Jov; 09-20-2019 at 07:05 PM.

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Selenium only works that way because those browsers are headless and support it. Unless you can find headless versions of those applications and wrap their interface, the VM option is your only option.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX