Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Heroes of Newerth: Free To Play

Today, with the release of patch 2.1.0.1, HoN has oficially become 'free-to-play'. I believe that this is in order to regain all those players we lost since closed-beta, and to run LoL out of business. Furthermore, I do not totally agree with this new implemented politic, nonetheless, I didn't agree with the 'New Shop UI', with the 'New Hero every 2 weeks' and I didn't even agree with the development of 'Drunken Master'. But I make mistakes. In fact, being -forgive me- cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huge.

For New Players:
    Just register in:
    Play For Free!

I highly recommend you play about 50 public games before going into Match Making (this is were people feel the game is semi-competitive).

For Existing Players (like moi):
    I will just copy the 'welcome' message Maliken posted for the players who bought the game:

Hon Players,

As you may have heard, HoN is now operating under a new, free-to-play model. This was a strategic transition intended to grow our community and solidify HoN as a major player in the ever-growing genre. This transition empowers us to grow an even larger, more active player base, will which ultimately benefit everyone.

How does this affect you? As en existing player, your account has been automatically upgraded to a Legacy account, giving you free acces to the general hero pool. New heroes may be released as part of the Early Access program, which allows you to purchase the ability to play these heroes prior their release for FREE in the general hero pool.

With a Legacy account, you will also have the option to play in Verified Only games, to ensure that dedicated and vested players are separated from Basic (free-to-play non verified) players. If you'd like to play with friends who join HoN, you can also participate in Basic games to show them the ropes. With a free-to-play model, we remove a significant barrier to entry to allow you to bring new players to the game.

Our main goal at S2Games is to remain committed to making the best game possible and ensure our existing players continue to stay engaged and challenged with the new HoN Blood in the community. Thank you for remaining loyal and supporting HoN.

-MALIKEN

UPDATE: Multiple threads (actually, about 1 every 30 seconds) have appeared in the HoN General Discussion Forum. This threads are in regard of the latest patch, and mostly complaints about it. With more than 50 replies written per minute, S2Games have failed to produce or give out any information on the subject, or if there will be measurments taken. The rumour says there will be a Forum Lockdwon until the crysis is over.
    Last edited by Sir Nathan; 07-29-2011 at 07:08 PM.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT. They make people who paid for this game wait 4 weeks until they can use new champs. You have to BUY IT if you want to use a champ earlier.

Thanks
    This is why I say fuck HoN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Longevity View Post
    BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT. They make people who paid for this game wait 4 weeks until they can use new champs. You have to BUY IT if you want to use a champ earlier.
    You should just play LoL while you wait