Thread: Olhoi Horhoi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Post Olhoi Horhoi

As the tile says I'm researching on this mythological creature.
    If anybody can find more PM me or reply in this thread.
    All I found was russian wikipedia " Pyotr Chudinov believed that Efremov believed in the existence of a mysterious inhabitant of the Gobi desert [1] . Efremov himself, in a preface to his stories written in 1972, pointed out:

"Olgoi-Khorkha" did not justify the hopes of finding a special worm-like animal in the inaccessible places of the Gobi, killing at a distance. The areas of the Gobi desert that were previously inaccessible have now been extensively investigated. Obviously, the "gut" of Mongolian folklore refers to an animal now extinct, but preserved in folk legends ...

In the debut novel of the Strugatsky brothers "The Land of the Crimson Clouds " this story is mentioned, as written by Efremov "from half a century ago"."

And stories written from some "witness" that had weird experiences in the Gobi desert while trying to sleep in a camp.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_death_worm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KekKing View Post
    As the tile says I'm researching on this mythological creature.
    If anybody can find more PM me or reply in this thread.
    All I found was russian wikipedia " Pyotr Chudinov believed that Efremov believed in the existence of a mysterious inhabitant of the Gobi desert [1] . Efremov himself, in a preface to his stories written in 1972, pointed out:

"Olgoi-Khorkha" did not justify the hopes of finding a special worm-like animal in the inaccessible places of the Gobi, killing at a distance. The areas of the Gobi desert that were previously inaccessible have now been extensively investigated. Obviously, the "gut" of Mongolian folklore refers to an animal now extinct, but preserved in folk legends ...

In the debut novel of the Strugatsky brothers "The Land of the Crimson Clouds " this story is mentioned, as written by Efremov "from half a century ago"."

And stories written from some "witness" that had weird experiences in the Gobi desert while trying to sleep in a camp.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_death_worm.
    In 1990 and 1992, Ivan Mackerle led small groups of companions into the Gobi Desert to search for the worm. Inspired by Frank Herbert's novel Dune, in which giant fictional sandworms could be brought to the surface by rhythmic thumping, Mackerle constructed a motor-driven "thumper" and even utilised small explosive charges in a bid to find the animal.
    A joint expedition in 2005 by the Centre for Fortean Zoology and E-Mongol[clarification needed] investigated new reports and sighting of the creature. They found no evidence of its existence, but could not rule out that it might live deep in the Gobi Desert along the prohibited areas of the Mongolian–Chinese border.
    In 2005, zoological journalist Richard Freeman mounted an expedition to hunt for the death worm but came up empty-handed. Freeman's conclusion was that the tales of the worm had to be apocryphal, and that reported sightings likely involved non-poisonous burrowing reptiles.
    Reality-television series Destination Truth conducted an expedition from 2006–2007.
    A New Zealand television entertainment reporter, David Farrier of TV3 News, took part in an expedition in August 2009but came up empty-handed as well.He conducted interviews with locals claiming to have seen the worm and mentioned on his website that the sightings peaked in the 1950s.
    The series Beast Hunter, hosted by Pat Spain on the National Geographic Channel, featured an episode on the disputed existence of the creature as well.
    Last edited by KekKing; 03-06-2018 at 02:08 PM.
    Pretty good advices I suppose.

Thanks
    if you ain't gonna give me a tl:dl I ain't gonna care.

Thanks
    Pretty interesting.

Thanks
    title sounds like what my girlfriend would say in bed, if i had one.

I'll live forever and ever with Lee Mijoo
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftKeyBroken View Post
    title sounds like what my girlfriend would say in bed, if i had one.
    Depressing life