Thanks

Why Not Just Play The Original Game?

I'm having quite a problem understanding why you wouldn't just play the original game. So far, they have done everything they can to make leveling as easy as possible by revamping the leveling from 0-85, and even giving players max vitality every Wednesday. Aside from all of that, it's official so you don't have to worry about potential consequences of hosting a private server. Additionally, there are a lot more players.

The only problems I see with the NCSoft's Lineage 2 is the fact that you cannot change your hotkeys and strafing isn't a thing, so PvP becomes a lot more based around gear rather than skill. Don't get me wrong, it's heavily skill based, but someone with a lot of skill, imho, couldn't beat someone with any grade of gear higher than their's. i.e. If someone were wearing R95 gear, but their opponent was all R99, then they would lose even if they were pretty good at pvp. Not saying this happens all the time, but it definitely favors gear.

Is this the reason people play on private servers? What is your beef with the original game? I'm currently having a lot of fun playing the original game, even though leveling a grind-fest. I really enjoy it.

On a side note, if L2R had a fully-fledged desktop version where you could move with WASD or clicking, then I would definitely play it over the original. This is because L2R is not only newer, but the active population would be hella fun to PVP against. I think the original Lineage 2 suffers from this a lot because 99% of the pvp only happens when you are taking clan castles, as far as I know.

Thanks
    After a considerable amount of time played, I have come to the conclusion that private servers make a lot of sense because the original game is owned by NCSoft, a company that loves to milk players. The minimal cost to feasibly start pvping is around $6,000 to buy a brooch and upgrade enough gems to be used with it. There are a lot of flaws that I was completely unaware of, and this post kind of seems stupid now. Aside from that fact that you can't even strafe, although it will be added next patch, the game has too many mechanics that give buffs and they are all paid methods. There is no tried-and-true method of even farming for materials to buff your character because brooches, one of the biggest pvp power spikes, aren't even available to players who don't pay.

This is the first time I'm going to say it, but I actually wish this game was Pay 2 Play because that way they wouldn't need to add all of the pay 2 win options.

Thanks
    6k$ for PvP gear is just a start TBH, each update u get punched in face with new $$items
    Tried to play Classic ?