Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

How to Efficiently gain Elo

The most important thing when you are trying to get a higher rank is IMPROVEMENT.
    I seriously cannot stress this enough, I used to be a pleb in gold5. I played 100 games and blamed my team constantly. I learnt myself that improvement is the way forward. Here's how I got to master:

Play a game on your main champion/role.

Watch the replay, focus on it. Look for mistakes and take time to think in your head at all times 'why am I doing this' and justify it. Even if it's simple. It's really important. (if you cannot spot mistakes yourself, ask a friend to do it, and you do the same for them. If not, watch pro replays and look and what they do differently)

Then really spend a lot of time drilling in every moment. As a support main one of the first things I learnt is that I don't upgrade my red trinket when I buy sightstone.
    I SPENT 10 GAMES focusing on this. It may seem over kill to put like 3-4 hours into such a small thing, but seriously it's needed. I've learnt from experience.

Eventually in the higher ranks it becomes harder to spot mistakes, this is where I recommend you watch pro player's replays NOT STREAMS. Streams are very different and often there for entertainment. Yes Imaqtpie is a great marksman player, however he often does extremely stupid things so that he can look good in his highlight videos.

Lastly, learn to sacrifice elo.
    On my master account, I sacrificed loads of LP to learn learn Braum. There's literally no point trying to learn on a plat smurf etc. You need to learn how to play champions in your rank. It's alright to lose games, especially for learning champions. If you lose a bunch it doesn't matter. In the end you improved as a player and you will gain back the elo in no time.

Soon you will get in masters like me! Goodluck everyone.

Sorry this guide was short. Let me know with any questions ~

EDIT: forgot to add, don't bother watching educational league videos/streams. None of them actually help 90% of the time.

I personally recomend LS as he's an ex-lcs coach and has a stupid high IQ (he's gone pro in many different competitive games, dating back to broodwar)

https://www.youtube.com/user/lastshadow9/videos
    Last edited by Luverdark; 07-13-2016 at 02:40 PM.

Member Since 07-18-2015
    Mpgh Premium 07-17-2016
    Mpgh Premium Seller 08-17-2016
    Mpgh News Force (Gaming News) 02-09-2017
    Mpgh News Resignation 06-08-2017
    Realm Of The Mad God Minion 12-11-2017
    Former Staff 09-25-2018

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luverdark For This Useful Post:

Five (07-17-2016),The 7th Hokage (07-15-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    /Moved to the correct section.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Luverdark (02-26-2017)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Thanks for the info! Will try to do this. But idk how to watch the replay without using LoLReplay or a recording software.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by BurritoYunus View Post
    Thanks for the info! Will try to do this. But idk how to watch the replay without using LoLReplay or a recording software.
    Try replay(.)gg
    I am using it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    omg you're masters holy shit lel someone who actually knows how to play this game
    [2014] Want to hack your school's computers and get administrator? Head on Here
    [2014] Free in app purchases (Android) (Requires Root) Here
    Successful Trades: 13
    Been Scammed:3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ex3cutioner For This Useful Post:

Luverdark (07-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar_Smells View Post
    The most important thing when you are trying to get a higher rank is IMPROVEMENT.
    I seriously cannot stress this enough, I used to be a pleb in gold5. I played 100 games and blamed my team constantly. I learnt myself that improvement is the way forward.
    I used to elo-boost long time ago (when I was still Master too), but what I learned during then is that: TEAMWORK is most important... It doesn't matter if you are challenger, master, or diamond. If your team is absolute trash, you aren't going to have a fun time. I've been in the master rank since Season 5, and I never moved up to challenger. Everytime I do a ranked game, at least 1 person is trolling, afk, or feeding. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think teamwork might be a better 1-word motivator.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjoejohn View Post
    I used to elo-boost long time ago (when I was still Master too), but what I learned during then is that: TEAMWORK is most important... It doesn't matter if you are challenger, master, or diamond. If your team is absolute trash, you aren't going to have a fun time. I've been in the master rank since Season 5, and I never moved up to challenger. Everytime I do a ranked game, at least 1 person is trolling, afk, or feeding. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think teamwork might be a better 1-word motivator.
    That's true in the higher ranks. In lower elo (up to diamond 3) teamwork has literally 0 effect on whether you win or lose the game.

How I like to think of things, rather than blaming your team, think: Would faker win this game?

9/10 the answer is yes. So improve yourself and stop blaming your team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BurritoYunus View Post

Replay.gg or use op.gg recording service. Elsewhere there are other screencaptures.

I personally use lolkings replays as they record all diamond+ games

Member Since 07-18-2015
    Mpgh Premium 07-17-2016
    Former Staff 09-25-2018

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Luverdark For This Useful Post:

Five (07-17-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar_Smells View Post
    That's true in the higher ranks. In lower elo (up to diamond 3) teamwork has literally 0 effect on whether you win or lose the game.

How I like to think of things, rather than blaming your team, think: Would faker win this game?

9/10 the answer is yes. So improve yourself and stop blaming your team.

- - - Updated - - -

Replay.gg or use op.gg recording service. Elsewhere there are other screencaptures.

I personally use lolkings replays as they record all diamond+ games
    Just saying, but above Diamond it's all about teamwork... Look at all the pro matches, and think: How do they win?

If you watch carefully enough, you can see them talking to each other and trying to work together instead of individual plays. Thats how League of Legends is meant to be played. Since people below Diamond can't work together and seem to find working together as "toxic", I don't understand why improvements has to do anything with it. You can't improve on League of Legends unless you can improve working together.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjoejohn View Post
    Just saying, but above Diamond it's all about teamwork... Look at all the pro matches, and think: How do they win?

If you watch carefully enough, you can see them talking to each other and trying to work together instead of individual plays. Thats how League of Legends is meant to be played. Since people below Diamond can't work together and seem to find working together as "toxic", I don't understand why improvements has to do anything with it. You can't improve on League of Legends unless you can improve working together.
    I disagree. Pro matches (5v5) and SoloQ are effectively different game modes. This is a soloQ guide on how to gain elo queueing up solo. This is meerly the basics for some low elo players.

Yes in Challenger/master communication matters in team games. But you dont see everyone hopping on teamspeak in soloq. Just ping properly and talk to give motivation.

Member Since 07-18-2015
    Mpgh Premium 07-17-2016
    Former Staff 09-25-2018

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Luverdark For This Useful Post:

Waffles007 (12-10-2016)

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think"
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I think most of this is common sense. The only thing that wouldn't be exactly common sense is learning new champion on smurf. A lot of people do do that (which I find completely dumb for the same exact specific reason you stated).