Thanks

Noob Question: How to get item IDs from decompile?

I just started getting into this stuff. I am a web developer, not so much a programmer. I have a modified a mule dump that I am using embedded in a website. I am tired of having to search the web for updated constants (item IDs) and renders when new items are added to the game. I would like to be able to get them myself from now on. I have been experimenting with Sothink and Cheat Engine. I decompiled the GameClient in Sothink and looked through the values in there, but cannot find or perhaps am overlooking the item IDs. Can anyone help guide me through extracting the ID values? Also, do I have to make the renders myself or is that something that can be extracted as well?

Thanks for the help!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Use rabcdasm,

swfbinexport <client name>.swf

3. The Following User Says Thank You to flyrocket For This Useful Post:

nilly (10-29-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Dont Forget yogda! i love that program, but yes. rabcdasm is essential for several things., if you dont know how to use it or your feeling lazy you can always download this file.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/599-realm-...lazy-ones.html

Thanks
    Great, thanks!! Does anyone happen to know which folder the IDs are in? There are so many directories and files to check.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    if you used rabcdasm's swfbinexport:
    I just opened them all with notepad++
    Ctrl+F "Health Potion" in all opened documents.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UGCfour View Post
    Dont Forget yogda! i love that program, but yes. rabcdasm is essential for several things., if you dont know how to use it or your feeling lazy you can always download this file.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/599-realm-...lazy-ones.html
    I downloaded the app that was at that link. It exported a TON of folders and files. Is there a way to open them all at once to search for keywords?

---------- Post added 10-30-2012 at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-29-2012 at 11:04 PM ----------

I must not be looking for the info I need in the right place. I exported the data which gave me a ton of files. I searched every single one for the word "potion" and did not find what I was looking for. Is there some other method or some info I am missing somewhere to get the info I need to update the items in mule dump? I want to add the latest items from Candyland.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by AFemalProdigy View Post
    I downloaded the app that was at that link. It exported a TON of folders and files. Is there a way to open them all at once to search for keywords?
    Hmm, when I run swfbinexport on the client all I get is a bunch of .bin files. You are getting folders?

All this time I've been using rabcdasm and I didn't even know about the swfbins. Thanks for the tip there @flyrocket.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

And I was thinking about making a program that would extract the xml data and replace it.... cybershadow already made it

Thanks
    I used this, which gave me a whole bunch of folder and .asasm files. https://www.mpgh.net/forum/599-realm-...lazy-ones.html Should I not use this?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    That is different @AFemalProdigy. That uses the command rabcdasm and is not what you want here.

You have to run swfbinexport on the .swf file via the command prompt (or batch file). In the folder there will be a bunch of .bin files. Some of them will be the xmls containing the information you want.