Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Lightbulb What would you be willing to pay for specialized RotMG Private server hosting?

Please let me know how much you would be willing to pay per month for each of the three following packages:

RotMG Private Server Hosting Plans
    -----------------------------------------

All servers are hosted on the West Coast.
    RAM is DDR3 ECC for maximum relaince. CPUs are Intel Xeon based.

Packages (Monthly)(Paypal or Bitcoin):
    --------------------------------------
    > 1GB RAM, 1 Core, 2 TCP Ports, 10K RPM Raptor Based Storage
    > 2GB RAM, 2 Cores, 2 TCP Ports, 10K RPM Rapor Based Storage
    > 4GB RAM, 2 Cores, Unlimited TCP Ports (upon request), SSD Based Storage
    > Dedicated Machine: 4GB RAM DDR3, 2 3.0GHZ Cores, Unlimited TCP Ports (Upon request), 7200RPM HDD Based Storage

Included Features:
    ----------------------
    > Server status display link/image thing to put in forum signatures or on a site. Shows if server is online, players online, server name, and (optional) source being used.
    > (Basic) Server web-admin panel. Includes logs, stop/start/restart functionality, crash recovery
    > Up to 3 support requests from us a month regarding generic private server help (aka stuff that we dont control)
    > Weekly backup
    > More if we can think of cool unique things

----
    > Windows Server 2012 x64
    > CentOS x64 (Upon request)

Setup Upon Purchase Options:
    ----------------------------
    > Use your own source, and database server.
    > We set up one of these packages for customer for free:
    - "Doomed Source", MySQL 5.1, Heidi SQL
    - "Dilitot's Experimental Prod Source", MySQL 5.1, Heidi SQL
    - "MMOE's Source", MySQL 5.1, Heidi SQL
    - "Phoenix Source", MySQL 5.1, Heidi SQL
    - Possibly other options.
    [ All servers get RDP and TeamViewer info ]
    Last edited by krazyshank; 01-11-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards - Items:

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyshank View Post
    "Kithio's Experimental Prod Source", MySQL 5.1, Heidi SQL
    I have an experimental prod source? what?

I'm so confused right now >.<
    I is pansexual furry and proud

Server Information:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithio View Post

I have an experimental prod source? what?

I'm so confused right now >.<
    Oops, accidentally put your name.
    I was looking at your awesome as3 client + server release while writing this up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyshank View Post
    Oops, accidentally put your name.
    I was looking at your awesome as3 client + server release while writing this up.
    Well that explains things... The prod source is dilliots I think
    I is pansexual furry and proud

Server Information:

Thanks
    Pfft. Is this thread a joke?

1. Most users on this forum are kids that have no clue what they're doing
    2. They also don't have money
    3. Realm Private Servers are doomed to fail, if they aren't doomed already. Is there even a server online at this moment not getting fucked over by some jealous 10 year old nerd? They are coded terribly, and unless the person working on the server knows what they are doing 100% (Years experience in C#) will they be able to fix the issues that are causing them to not be plausible to run at the moment.
    3.1. Considering there are maybe 1-2 servers actually running, where do you plan on getting your business from?
    4. Why would you even start a business around hosting something completely illegal? Why not start an actual hosting company and offer "Game Hosting" plans?
    5. Please come up with an actual business, this is completely embarrassing to read.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesA2 View Post
    They also don't have money
    Not true at all.
    [IMG]https://lh3.googleuserconten*****m/-00iIf0SVXqM/Wx7De4Gt3cI/AAAAAAAAHPw/cy33De9pX4AE7Arzy2gPMgRRcwno-sVEQCHMYCw/s0/ifNXCIl.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfeet View Post
    Not true at all.
    I tots agree
    Ya'll are fules.
    Anyone can ewhore therefore well all gots money ^_^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Good idea, maybe not for this section, if you rely on making money off of pserver's only, you will loose money.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

3. Realm Private Servers are doomed to fail, if they aren't doomed already. Is there even a server online at this moment not getting fucked over by some jealous 10 year old nerd? They are coded terribly, and unless the person working on the server knows what they are doing 100% (Years experience in C#) will they be able to fix the issues that are causing them to not be plausible to run at the moment.
    3.1. Considering there are maybe 1-2 servers actually running, where do you plan on getting your business from?
    4. Why would you even start a business around hosting something completely illegal? Why not start an actual hosting company and offer "Game Hosting" plans?
    5. Please come up with an actual business, this is completely embarrassing to read.
    Kids are more willing to spend money for a hosted private server more than anything else. They do have money as well, look at the fucking loads of money kabam has made off of 11-20 year olds.... Also, loads of people can fix a private server, it dasnt take "Years of c# experience" more like a few weeks of it.... And as for Illegal XDD lol gtfo of here scrub, there is nothing illegal about private server. If you honestly thought kabam thought they would lose money because of this or it was stealing their game they wouldn't do anything...? I think not. Completely embarrassing to read...? I don't see you hosting a fucking successful hosting company or any company at all for that matter, if @krazyshank wants to host private servers in his spare time and maybe make some money, leave him the fuck alone...
    Last edited by Prince Zuko; 01-11-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks
    Well, technically it is quite illegal to run a RotMG private server and every other emulator out there. It's copyright infringement among others.

Any company who has their copyright infringed upon and their assets stolen can drop the hammer on you. Generating donations from a private server increases the risk 1000 fold.

Some companies are extremely aggressive with their legel detpartment (Blizzard), while others don't care until they actually start losing funds.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Well, technically it is quite illegal to run a RotMG private server and every other emulator out there. It's copyright infringement among others.

Any company who has their copyright infringed upon and their assets stolen can drop the hammer on you. Generating donations from a private server increases the risk 1000 fold.

Some companies are extremely aggressive with their legel detpartment (Blizzard), while others don't care until they actually start losing funds.
    Well,., accordingly if that's the case, I have Never saw any enforcement from kabam in any form or fashion. And I'm sure if they did enforce, they would just shut down the mpgh section for private servers... lol get your sources while you can.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Tell me how this is not an actual business.
    - There is noone offering the same thing
    - The biggest downfall of every server ever created is the downtime due to hosting on a home pc or whatever.
    - It is not illegal to run or host a private server. The illegality comes into play when the client is distributed, which is not something I do, and there are ways around it.
    - People here have money.
    - We do a lot of work for the customer. If they so choose, the can buy a month and their server will be set up for them entirely if they don't want to use their own source. We then provide tools to ensure uptime (not stability mind you). It makes it doable for a lot more people.
    - I am doing hosting for other game servers, but I'm keeping that separate from this.
    - The business will potentially come from every person who has started a server and failed, or have been wanting to start one but don't have proper hardware to do so.

I am legitimately interested if you have more criticisms, they help me figure out if I've forgotten important things or haven't thought about a potential issue.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to krazyshank For This Useful Post:

Goodfeet (01-13-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by easton816 View Post
    Well,., accordingly if that's the case, I have Never saw any enforcement from kabam in any form or fashion. And I'm sure if they did enforce, they would just shut down the mpgh section for private servers... lol get your sources while you can.
    Not sure if it counts, but I did have the page I was hosting the phoenix client on shut down by Kabam for copyright infringement. However, it was only shut down after someone posted the link to my page on the kabam forums. This is the only action I've ever seen them take.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Travoos For This Useful Post:

BlackRayquaza (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    For people concerned about the legality of the private servers...

1.) The source code for serverside is completely based off of WildShadow's Realm of the Mad God, and it's not even the complete source. Kabam can't say anything about that because it's not the user's fault that they have a hold of what WildShadow released. (also, we've screwed our sources to the point where Kabam won't really recognize that it's a realm code lol)

2.) The client for most private servers including Kithio's as3 client is v123.5 . To make a client at least somewhat legally acceptable, you'd have to replace a TON of sprites and other artwork in the client, including title screen, character sprites, and any new interface artwork that Kabam put in. You'd have to contact Oryx for an actual license of his Lofi series fantasy sprite work if you are using certain Realm sprites. Doing some changes to the copyright text may/may not help depending on what you decide to do with the client.

3.) Kabam has been getting lazier with Realm of the Mad God. It's a surprise that Kabam doesn't really know much about what's going on here in RWT and client hacks and whatnot. I'd be really surprised if a business like this would appear as a blip on Kabam's radar.

This business thing wouldn't work... not for legality or for money...

but for the sheer fact that this community is extremely passive-aggressive and most kids who start their private servers do so in hopes of getting some cash for a PS4 or something. To sum it up, this section is pretty much monopolized by whoever has that cute little name of "MMOE" on their record, because they're the only people who are making stuff that isn't completely obvious/useless and can actually optimize a server to a point where it can't get screwed over by a jealous 10 year old.

I may or may not have ranted there. Nonetheless, this isn't the right time to start a business like this until we have a sudden surplus of people who are actually willing to contribute for bettering private servers and their communities.

EDIT: And for the question, I'd pay a monthly $15 to $50 (depending on package whatnots) for a hosting service like that. That's just from what I can get out of the info shown.
    Last edited by Stellar Spark; 01-11-2015 at 02:02 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stellar Spark For This Useful Post:

BlackRayquaza (01-11-2015),CrazyBank (01-11-2015),krazyshank (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ProHackBot999 View Post
    For people concerned about the legality of the private servers...

1.) The source code for serverside is completely based off of WildShadow's Realm of the Mad God, and it's not even the complete source. Kabam can't say anything about that because it's not the user's fault that they have a hold of what WildShadow released. (also, we've screwed our sources to the point where Kabam won't really recognize that it's a realm code lol)

2.) The client for most private servers including Kithio's as3 client is v123.5 . To make a client at least somewhat legally acceptable, you'd have to replace a TON of sprites and other artwork in the client, including title screen, character sprites, and any new interface artwork that Kabam put in. You'd have to contact Oryx for an actual license of his Lofi series fantasy sprite work if you are using certain Realm sprites. Doing some changes to the copyright text may/may not help depending on what you decide to do with the client.

3.) Kabam has been getting lazier with Realm of the Mad God. It's a surprise that Kabam doesn't really know much about what's going on here in RWT and client hacks and whatnot. I'd be really surprised if a business like this would appear as a blip on Kabam's radar.

This business thing wouldn't work... not for legality or for money...

but for the sheer fact that this community is extremely passive-aggressive and most kids who start their private servers do so in hopes of getting some cash for a PS4 or something. To sum it up, this section is pretty much monopolized by whoever has that cute little name of "MMOE" on their record, because they're the only people who are making stuff that isn't completely obvious/useless and can actually optimize a server to a point where it can't get screwed over by a jealous 10 year old.

I may or may not have ranted there. Nonetheless, this isn't the right time to start a business like this until we have a sudden surplus of people who are actually willing to contribute for bettering private servers and their communities.

EDIT: And for the question, I'd pay a monthly $15 to $50 (depending on package whatnots) for a hosting service like that. That's just from what I can get out of the info shown.
    If you need a hoster for your server I could easily do thast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast