Thanks

Question How does the anti-cheat system work?

Will I get banned for adding files to my Grand Theft Auto V folder, and if so, will it be delayed?
    Will I only get banned if I'm playing too suspicious so people can report me? I'm really confused how bannable a user is when adding a mod or hack to the game files.

I tried to collect some info, but it's all very confusing because of the different decisions R* has made. If you don't know, some experience with 11zero11's hack would be nice!
    Last edited by Exodioum; 06-07-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodioum View Post
    Will I get banned for adding files to my Grand Theft Auto V folder, and if so, will it be delayed?
    Will I only get banned if I'm playing too suspicious so people can report me? I'm really confused how bannable a user is when adding a mod or hack to the game files.

I tried to collect some info, but it's all very confusing because of the different decisions R* has made. If you don't know, some experience with 11zero11's hack would be nice!
    Rockstar doesn't ban immediately. They add you to a list and ban you at the end of each month when they update GTA 5. Some trainers have clear report options, but I don't want to say they work because I have no way of telling for sure. I know the unban features don't work in any menus though. Bans are typically 2 weeks long or just time in the cheater pool with other cheaters. I haven't heard of a permanent ban happening to anyone yet. So, it is more of a suspension and account wipe than it is a ban actually. If you mod, you are probably going to be banned on the next update. I'd either not mod and play completely legit or I'd go all out and just alternate between two gta 5 accounts. By the time one gets banned the other will already be unbanned and ready to go again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
    Rockstar doesn't ban immediately. They add you to a list and ban you at the end of each month when they update GTA 5. Some trainers have clear report options, but I don't want to say they work because I have no way of telling for sure. I know the unban features don't work in any menus though. Bans are typically 2 weeks long or just time in the cheater pool with other cheaters. I haven't heard of a permanent ban happening to anyone yet. So, it is more of a suspension and account wipe than it is a ban actually. If you mod, you are probably going to be banned on the next update. I'd either not mod and play completely legit or I'd go all out and just alternate between two gta 5 accounts. By the time one gets banned the other will already be unbanned and ready to go again
    Lunatic pretty much answered it dead on without the inclusion of some details such as scripthook is detected and all menus are unless they're using a different hook that is manually mapped. You may be suspended or permanently banned. The last wave was 2 weeks but only because they did not have the proper detection to see who was doing what and to which extent. As per the ToS memory editing is a permanent ban.. so you may also be permanently banned.

If you have any further questions ask them below please. If not, i'll close this thread.

Thanks
    Thread closed. Issue assumed resolved. OP did not respond.