Thread: auto-assembler

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

auto-assembler

hello,
    What is the difference between assembly (lets say win32 assebmly)
    and the auto assembler of cheat engine? They seem the same but for a couple of differences. Also is the auto assembler in MHS the same as the one in cheat engine?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Umm..... Win32ASM it the assembly language for the 32bit version Windows OS. I'm not sure about CheatEngine or MHS, but an assembler isn't the same thing as assembly code.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Umm..... Win32ASM it the assembly language for the 32bit version Windows OS. I'm not sure about CheatEngine or MHS, but an assembler isn't the same thing as assembly code.
    That's not quite what i meant. But i understand now. Cheat engine and MHS have a function by which you can inject code snippets of ASM into the process, i was wondering if it was any different than straight win32 ASM but it appears that it isn't

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Oh. hmmm didn't know that. I figured that was kinda a non-answer, but with Toymaker no longer here you'll be hard pressed to find some1 who knows as much about ASM as he did :L. We really need another really good coder around here.

lolz2much, Legify, and iownage are good at finding addresses, but they just create their hacks in VB. And there's a whole mess of other hackers that make hacks for Warrock, but they pretty much use the same approach and just copy and paste codes some other guy found into their hack which they copy&pasted from someguy who made a tut.

If there's other people who know asm they should pop in to the assembly section every now and then because I haven't seen any1 lately

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Oh. hmmm didn't know that. I figured that was kinda a non-answer, but with Toymaker no longer here you'll be hard pressed to find some1 who knows as much about ASM as he did :L. We really need another really good coder around here.

lolz2much, Legify, and iownage are good at finding addresses, but they just create their hacks in VB. And there's a whole mess of other hackers that make hacks for Warrock, but they pretty much use the same approach and just copy and paste codes some other guy found into their hack which they copy&pasted from someguy who made a tut.

If there's other people who know asm they should pop in to the assembly section every now and then because I haven't seen any1 lately

It seem's that all of the coding section's are pretty dead. Not really a mod looking after them, no expert coder that hang's around them. It's like a ghost town

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by zeco View Post
    It seem's that all of the coding section's are pretty dead. Not really a mod looking after them, no expert coder that hang's around them. It's like a ghost town
    Jetamay pwns just feels un needed because people dont ask hard enough questions

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Jetamay pwns just feels un needed because people dont ask hard enough questions
    Well sorry that i don't ask hard enough questions . Either way he should still pop in once in a while to help noobs like me >_<. Maybe he can start posting some kind of problem set, programming homework type things. That would be really cool actually, but i'm more thinking of this for the C++ board
    Last edited by zeco; 08-26-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    The ASM you use in the Auto-assembler isn't really different from like MASM. CE translates the AA asm code you put in the AA to Delphi, and then alters the memory. I couldn't really explain it better, my english sucks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Micheltjuh For This Useful Post:

why06 (08-28-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Micheltjuh View Post
    The ASM you use in the Auto-assembler isn't really different from like MASM. CE translates the AA asm code you put in the AA to Delphi, and then alters the memory. I couldn't really explain it better, my english sucks.
    Don't worry your explanation was fine, Thanks