Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Post How to convert Grimoire 3.8+ Bots for Grimoire RE use.

This is something I only tested on one file. This is not guaranteed to work on all 3.8+ bots nor can I verify it'll work with any 3.8++ bots unless those are the exact same as 3.8+. This does not change the bot from 3.8+ to 3.8 it simply removes what prevents it from loading commands, which allows it to be understood in RE. It's like teaching RE to read a language half written for it, while overlooking what it doesn't understand.

For starters until I decide to care a little more and figure it out or someone else does Grimoire RE will always pop the below error when loading a bot meant for 3.8+.

Simply press continue.
    After that, if you fixed the Bot in the way I will describe below. Then you should have your bot loader looking like the below image, otherwise it's not reading the file.

The layout is clearly not meant for 3.8 or maybe it is but pretty sure it's not hence the error.
    As you can tell it does not show skills/quests/drops/boosts. When I ran the bot it was accepting quest/teleporting/killing for temp items. I do believe after half fixing them this way they can be adjusted as new bots via Grimoire. This at the very least lets you start from more than nothing hopefully.

I use Notepad++ for the bot editing as it has a feature that can Search and Replace text. This is the feature I will assume you are using.

First off Grimoire RE does not have CmdLabels in the Misc section this is the biggest problem.

Open your bot in your preferred Text editor.

Search for
    CmdLabel
    and Replace with
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This will make it much easier to remove the unneeded lines.
    Now all across your file some lines should have Grimoire.Somthing.Misc.-----------------------------------------...
    If they look like and do not contain Misc but after you replaced CmdLabel they have the ----------------------- they've got to go too.
    Code:
    {
            "$type": "Grimoire.Botting.Commands.Misc.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------, Grimoire",
            "Label": "2089-L"
          },
    Each one maybe a little different.
    It is important all of these are removed in the format above from bracket "{" to bracket "}"
    then near the bottom you will find
    Code:
    "Server": {
        "$type": "Grimoire.Game.Data.Server, Grimoire",
        "sName": "Sir Ver",
        "iPort": 39723
      },
    Users have said removing these lines works but I replace them from bracket "{" to bracket "}" with
    "Server": "Artix",
    then Drops was missing maybe just because and might not affect it at all,
    so in the group above
    Code:
    "NotifyUponDrop": {
        "$type": "System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.String, mscorlib]], mscorlib",
        "$values": []
      },
    I added
    "Drops": {
    "$type": "System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.String, mscorlib]], mscorlib",
    "$values": []
    },
    Then save. I believe that was it lol did the best recall I could for you.
    This is not a full conversion method.

Posted here to gain initial views sorry
    Last edited by IfOnlyYouKnew; 06-17-2022 at 06:16 PM.
    Contributor: March 14'th, Minionforce: March 15'th, Minion Plus: May 30'th, Former Staff: September 9'th, 2023

Coding Hobbyist | - Current Activity | BattleOn | RotMG |

Want to make my life better? <3 BTC: 3JoQRjwK28DVGTzL4mYkpjHRBeoFwNFVe7

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IfOnlyYouKnew For This Useful Post:

ogzndmx (10-03-2022)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Edit: For those that are patient....I have a surprise since the support for it went away.
    As of right now I just went through hours of sourcing/renaming/decompiling/recompiling/learning about C# 8.0 vs 7.3
    and since no source was available created my own C# Grimoire 3.8+ Project. Fixed the initial errors and got it back into what appears to be a running state.
    This does not contain the fixes that were applied to my version of Grimoire 3.8. Therefore I do not know that Item Reject/Pickup will work, as they shouldn't. I have not tested the packet spammer but I would assume the same for now.....I've never had the 3.8+ source and didn't want to do what I just did to get it....so to the future....also my swf is from 3.8 so idk if it's missing things or not but will find out soon. For now here's the Half-Fix.
    https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...d008?nocache=1
    https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/fi...job/45ma99vui6

Ignore the Therimoire Title......Pulled an old swf I use as a base.
    This version is not 3.8++ and was sourced from the original 3.8+

Edit: Removed Download released full version with all working.
    Last edited by IfOnlyYouKnew; 06-18-2022 at 12:39 AM.
    Contributor: March 14'th, Minionforce: March 15'th, Minion Plus: May 30'th, Former Staff: September 9'th, 2023

Coding Hobbyist | - Current Activity | BattleOn | RotMG |

Want to make my life better? <3 BTC: 3JoQRjwK28DVGTzL4mYkpjHRBeoFwNFVe7

Thanks
    Good post!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to akiroth For This Useful Post:

IfOnlyYouKnew (06-18-2022)