Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Exclamation PLEASE NEED HELP WITH REALM RElAY

OK so i downloaded realmrelay. I'm fairly competent with computers and i'm almost positive is set it up right. However, now even if realm relay is not running i can't connect to useast3. I dont know if its a problem with my account and useast3 or if realm relay messed something up. However i was wondering if anyone could help me with this or at least tell me how to change the settings.properties file to connect to another server. Thanks

Thanks
    Remember that line you added to your hosts file? That is the address to useast3. When you add an address to your hosts file, it blocks connections there. This allows the proxy to have full control over what is sent to the server. Remove the line from your hosts file to connect to useast3 without realm relay.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Oh ok but even when i use Realm Relay it just continuosly says waiting for hello

Thanks
    Do you get a Socket-Security-Error in your client while trying to connect?
    Thats excactly my problem es well, with the original ip for use3 and tried with different ips in the settings.properties file

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I GOT IT YOU HAVE TO RUN SWF IN BROWSER

Thanks
    I'm encountering the same problem but I'm running the game from a browser.

I've entered 127.0.0.1 ec2-50-19-47-160.compute-1.amazonaws.com into my hosts file and the client looks like it's connecting to the proxy but the proxy keeps waiting for the HELLO packet.

I'm not sure what's going on.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

Btw, I'm using the 1.0 release originally posted as a .zip file in the original thread. Could the packet definitions be out of date already? There hasn't been an update to the client since it was released.

Thanks,
    blargfoot
    Last edited by blargfoot; 10-16-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blargfoot View Post
    I'm encountering the same problem but I'm running the game from a browser.

I've entered 127.0.0.1 ec2-50-19-47-160.compute-1.amazonaws.com into my hosts file and the client looks like it's connecting to the proxy but the proxy keeps waiting for the HELLO packet.

I'm not sure what's going on.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

Btw, I'm using the 1.0 release originally posted as a .zip file in the original thread. Could the packet definitions be out of date already? There hasn't been an update to the client since it was released.

Thanks,
    blargfoot
    I only know of two causes of this problem:
    • Trying to play the game using the agc loader swf instead of a swf built from the assembleegameclient (playing from the rotmg website?)
    • Playing the game using the flash projector instead of a browser

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeVoidCoder View Post
    • Trying to play the game using the agc loader swf instead of a swf built from the assembleegameclient (playing from the rotmg website?)
    Thanks for the quick response DeVoidCoder.

There must be something else going on. I'm running an unmodified client straight from realmofthemadgod.com in Google Chrome. My approach is to get a plain vanilla version working correctly first before trying anything more advanced like running a modified client or creating my own relay scripts.

I verified that the HELLO packet still has a type value of 51, which is what the proxy should be looking for.

Maybe the client is waiting on some trigger to send the packet? Is there anything besides connecting to the relay process that might trigger the client to send a Hello packet?

Thanks and please let me know,
    blargfoot
    Last edited by blargfoot; 10-17-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks for the quick response DeVoidCoder.

There must be something else going on. I'm running an unmodified client straight from realmofthemadgod.com in Google Chrome. My approach is to get a plain vanilla version working correctly first before trying anything more advanced like running a modified client or creating my own relay scripts.

I verified that the HELLO packet still has a type value of 51, which is what the proxy should be looking for.

Maybe the client is waiting on some trigger to send the packet? Is there anything besides connecting to the relay process that might trigger the client to send a Hello packet?

Thanks and please let me know,
    blargfoot
    The error, 2048, is a security sandbox violation caused by the flash crossdomain policy. If you are using the swf from realmofthemadgod.com unmodified, then that is the loader swf. Try using a released client from Realm of the Mad God Hacks & Cheats - MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking & Cheats - Hacks, Cheats, Downloads, Trainers, Games.

Thanks
    The error, 2048, is a security sandbox violation caused by the flash crossdomain policy. If you are using the swf from realmofthemadgod.com unmodified, then that is the loader swf. Try using a released client from Realm of the Mad God Hacks & Cheats - MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking & Cheats - Hacks, Cheats, Downloads, Trainers, Games.
    Thanks but I'm not getting that error. The response that I get is that the proxy is waiting for the client to send the HELLO packet and it eventually times out.

I'm not running an swf standalone but loading the game normally in a browser.

I have my own modified clients that I typically run using Adobe Flash Player and have tried running those through the proxy as well but receive the same error.

Thanks again for any feedback.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thanks but I'm not getting that error. The response that I get is that the proxy is waiting for the client to send the HELLO packet and it eventually times out.

I have my own modified clients that I typically run using Adobe Flash Player and have tried running those through the proxy as well but receive the same error.

Same here after upgrading to Windows 8.1, looks like something is wrong with the firewall

Code:
    16:38:37 Waiting for HELLO from client...
    16:38:37 buildVersion: 17.2
    16:38:37 Connection to remote server failed!
    16:38:37 Disconnected Socket[addr=/127.0.0.1,port=50072,localport=2050]
    Last edited by IziLife; 10-17-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks

In other words you are doing the two things I said you cannot do.

The error 2048 is an error thrown in the swf, not in the proxy. It causes the swf to only be able to connect to the proxy, but not able to transfer data. The proxy then waits for the HELLO packet until the connection times out.

You can play your clients in a browser by following the directions here:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/720-realm-...-browsers.html

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I found the issue ( in my case ) , it's due to my tool, while setting up a new server i've put the comment "// ServerName" at the end, it cause this problem, i'll remove it in the next update

If you used my tool, just remove this comment in the "settings.properties" file

Thanks
    i keep getting

connected socket [addr=/127.0.01,port=64915, localport=2050]
    waiting for hello frmo client.....
    disconected socket [addr=127.0.01,port=64915, localport=2050]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by kvolk8 View Post
    i keep getting

connected socket [addr=/127.0.01,port=64915, localport=2050]
    waiting for hello from client.....
    disconected socket [addr=127.0.01,port=64915, localport=2050]
    Thanks for bumping an old thread but what eva.....

Step 1 - Disable DEP & UAC
    Step 2 - Download Flash Projector 11.9 from the Adobe website (Search google....will be easier)
    Step 3 - Add line to hosts file
    Code:
    ADDRESS HAS CHANGED!!! GETTING NEW ADDRESS!!!
    Step 4 - Once downloaded the Flash Projector.exe file, drag client file into Flash Projector.exe file.
    Step 5 - Right-click inside the client window and press Global Settings
    Step 6 - Click Advanced Tab
    Step 7 - Move scroll bar on right of window, down to the bottom and click the Trusted Location Settings
    Step 8 - Click the Add button, then click Add File.... In the new window, search for your .swf file and double click it.
    Step 9 - Click Confirm, then Close and then X at the top right of that first window that opened when you clicked Global Settings.
    Step 10 - You should be able to play now, let me know if none of that helped
    Last edited by rocker1988; 01-04-2014 at 06:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast