Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

How did you get into programming

I know you guys get asked this a lot but I like to hear what you guys have to say.

I myself is just a noob. Taking programming and computer engineering courses through highschool. Learning java and c++ as I go with it. Thsi is my first year and I like it. One of my best courses I took. The most advanced thing I've done is looping so keep that in mind. I'm hoping by Grade 12 I can take the robotics course and get good marks there. From then on its just improving and improving in uni.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I graduated last year with my Bachelor's in Computer Science and I now work as a Software Engineer in the healthcare sector. I started learning web development when I was 12 and created websites for clans that I was a part of (Xbox). I didn't have much programming exposure prior to college so I was a noob myself. Programming, for me, was difficult. I didn't understand it, nor did I care. I hated it.

The summer after my first semester everything clicked at 2am and I fell in love with it. The thrill, the rush, the adrenaline I get from solving the problem is euphoric and addicting. I surprised my teachers, I'm sure, because I wanted NOTHING to do with it.

Bottom line, it's tough, but it's rewarding. It's a very well paid career as well as fun. I'm glad you're enjoying your classes and learning a lot. Don't let anyone here make you feel less than because you're new.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by twas brillig View Post
    I graduated last year with my Bachelor's in Computer Science and I now work as a Software Engineer in the healthcare sector. I started learning web development when I was 12 and created websites for clans that I was a part of (Xbox). I didn't have much programming exposure prior to college so I was a noob myself. Programming, for me, was difficult. I didn't understand it, nor did I care. I hated it.

The summer after my first semester everything clicked at 2am and I fell in love with it. The thrill, the rush, the adrenaline I get from solving the problem is euphoric and addicting. I surprised my teachers, I'm sure, because I wanted NOTHING to do with it.

Bottom line, it's tough, but it's rewarding. It's a very well paid career as well as fun. I'm glad you're enjoying your classes and learning a lot. Don't let anyone here make you feel less than because you're new.
    Done anything in hardware? Or are you computer science only. And nice to hear it all set in place for you at 1:00 a.m

- - - Updated - - -

I always felt like programming so far was like a logic puzzle from something out of a game or from the more advanced bots I've seen. Trying to see how to use what you have to solve the problems in new configurations (in the form of designing programs). The more you learn the more you have at your disposal. The more you practice, the more intuitive you are and the better you are at analyzing problems and creating solutions. When people say it is ALL about learning a language I have to disagree. I can't learn languages. Too much memorizing. Sure there some basic memorization when learning new languages but the main bulk of it is just learning and utilizing concepts.

Thanks
    I had just finished my program in College and was very disappointed with it though stuck it out to have the diploma regardless and everyone has always told me you should get into a computer kind of program so I figured I'd give it a shot and so far I'm loving it

Please press +Rep or Thanks if I've helped you in any way

Quote Originally Posted by Zaczero View Post
    yung rapper grill programmer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    It was a longass time ago, I played CS 1.6, a guy named Pro Hax released Viral v4 on MaffiaCoders. He inspired me to make cheats, I picked up a book on C++ from the library, bought another one online and started learning. This was somewhere in 2006 I believe.
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hell_Demon For This Useful Post:

Gill Bates (04-28-2017)

Thanks
    I was sick of paying freelancers to build stuff for me so I decided to start learning myself .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dbs00 For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    CodeAcademy, was curious

Thanks
    I recall watching The Italian Job as a kid and seeing that one white guy hack into the city's traffic signals from his laptop. After that, I loved the "hacking" side of things. I found it fascinating how you could do so many things with a computer. Up to this day, like twas stated, I get a euphoric feeling when working on a project and seeing it come to fruition.

Currently, I am a college student trying to obtain my bachelor's in Computer Science.

I am no expert, but I would definitely give you the following advice:
    - Do not think that having a degree in IT/Computer Science/Engineering will teach you EVERYTHING. There is soooo much stuff out there to learn. If you learn C++, there's Java. If you learn Java, there is mySQL. If you learn mySQL, there is PHP. The list goes on and on. Do not be deterred by the fact that you know nothing on a certain subject.
    - Just do it. If you ever have an idea/want to start a project, just do it. Even if you do not know the programming language, go for it. You learn by doing.
    - If you ever feel lost and think that you have no idea what to do with your life because you are stuck on a subject/course, you are not alone. Everyone feels that way at some point, but perseverance is key.

Computer science is definitely rewarding when it comes to money, but do not focus only on the money. Do something you like/enjoy doing. You will not get tired of doing it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gill Bates For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (05-04-2017)