Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Cool Starting the game perfectly with just two clicks (priority/window size/quality)

Hi,

I want to run the game with my desired customizations. I am tired with changing quality or window size of the flash window every time.

I've looked for these but i guess i am looking for them in wrong places. I guess they should be done from within the swf, by changing the codes.

My question is 3 part:

1. How can we open the game with higher priority for a better performance?

I've actually found the answer for that part. From my experience, best performance working flash build so far is v11.5 (to download standalone, just download from archived-flash-player-versions page. Its a big archive file (50+ MB) but it consists our standalone too.)

- Create a new notepad file (.txt). Write
    Code:
    start "Realm of the Mad God" /abovenormal "C:\Users\---\Desktop\RotMG All in one Tool Improved\Play\flashplayer_11_sa.exe" "C:\Users\---\Desktop\rabcdasm easy\client.swf"
    in it. Parameters are: normal abovenormal high realtime, so you can chance priority to the one you desire. This code works like this: it opens the flash and it opens your .swf in it so you wont load it.

- Change the created .txt files extension to .bat

- Then create a shortcut to it (yes.) and change shortcut's properties > layout to 1 1 1 1 -500 -0 (1's for the opening command window to be minimum size, -500 for it to open outside of the visible screen area (because using .bat, it firstly loads a cmd window then does what the command does))

Then your game will load in higher priority by just two clicks!
    But i dont want to change my window size and quality every time so:

2. How can we change our swf code to open it in normal / low quality?

3. How can we make our swf open in desired window size?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I've worked on these for a bit and i used the best solution i could ever find.

2. I guess this can be done since im seeing clients with forced quality, but as much as ive tried to avoid using ahk scripts, i used ahk mouse script to right click and choose the lowest quality :3.

3. I tried changing all the 800's and 600's in the game files to the values i gave, but it didnt make any difference. (I guess they were some interface placement values) Maybe project size values werent even there, i dont know, in the end this must be the reason this property havent yet added to clients.

Ive heard solutions consisting using another flash project with the desired size which is wrapping our client or using browser (this one was very easy) but i dont want any of these so, ive used ahk script again!

Code:
    ; You should change this path
    Run C:\Users\------\Desktop\Realm of the Mad God\Realm of the Mad God.lnk

; Game doesnt start instantly, maybe bigger for slower computers
    Sleep, 2000

WinMove, Adobe Flash Player 11, , 150, 110, 1130, 730

; The relation between them is important (+10, +100, +140) since it works with the projector's current right click menu
    Click right 400, 300
    Click 410, 400
    Click 750, 400

return
    Script opens the flash file, changes its window size then selects low quality from right click menu. It was for personal use so these numbers can be changed in any way the user wants. Ive also compiled the script and gave the bat file's shotcut's path (from part 1.) Then by making another shortcut to this exe, i was able to change the icon of the shortcut to the game's shortcut :3 (To get shortcut from rotmg exe, i used portable BeCyIconGrabber, its practical)

So the game now loads in two clicks in desired window size, desired thread priority and quality. But its just one of these convenient solutions.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gtaking View Post
    I've worked on these for a bit and i used the best solution i could ever find.

2. I guess this can be done since im seeing clients with forced quality, but as much as ive tried to avoid using ahk scripts, i used ahk mouse script to right click and choose the lowest quality :3.

3. I tried changing all the 800's and 600's in the game files to the values i gave, but it didnt make any difference. (I guess they were some interface placement values) Maybe project size values werent even there, i dont know, in the end this must be the reason this property havent yet added to clients.

Ive heard solutions consisting using another flash project with the desired size which is wrapping our client or using browser (this one was very easy) but i dont want any of these so, ive used ahk script again!

Code:
    ; You should change this path
    Run C:\Users\------\Desktop\Realm of the Mad God\Realm of the Mad God.lnk

; Game doesnt start instantly, maybe bigger for slower computers
    Sleep, 2000

WinMove, Adobe Flash Player 11, , 150, 110, 1130, 730

; The relation between them is important (+10, +100, +140) since it works with the projector's current right click menu
    Click right 400, 300
    Click 410, 400
    Click 750, 400

return
    Script opens the flash file, changes its window size then selects low quality from right click menu. It was for personal use so these numbers can be changed in any way the user wants. Ive also compiled the script and gave the bat file's shotcut's path (from part 1.) Then by making another shortcut to this exe, i was able to change the icon of the shortcut to the game's shortcut :3 (To get shortcut from rotmg exe, i used portable BeCyIconGrabber, its practical)

So the game now loads in two clicks in desired window size, desired thread priority and quality. But its just one of these convenient solutions.
    You know there is a hotkey sequence you can type to set it to low quality, right? For example:

Code:
    F3::
    	Send {Alt}
    	SendInput {raw}VQL
    return
    That would make it so when you press F3 when the window is open, it will set it to low quality.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    Place this in the WebMain Setup function
    Code:
          getlex              QName(PackageNamespace(""), "stage")
          getlex              QName(PackageNamespace("flash.display"), "StageQuality")
          getproperty         QName(PackageNamespace(""), "LOW")
          setproperty         QName(PackageNamespace(""), "quality")
    I think this is what you meant

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Knorrex View Post
    I think this is what you meant
    Exactly. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dwdude View Post
    You know there is a hotkey sequence you can type to set it to low quality, right? For example:

That would make it so when you press F3 when the window is open, it will set it to low quality.
    It sounds cool. Although after your answer i saw related forum posts too, it didnt work out for me. I dont know why. Of course using this would be a better solution then right click menu. LOL. There is a ctrl-h hotkey for high quality, but none (i could find) for low.

Well, if flash likes to insist on being a noob environment (like needing 16x cores to run things smoothly!?), then i have nothing against it...