Thread: Minecraft Tips

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

[Updated]Minecraft Tips 2.0

Here are some quick tips:

I had troubles making my first base or world or whatever and here are some tips on how to get started

• When you start, press ESC and go to options and click Peaceful. This means theres no monsters to kill you.
    • When you look for a base, theres a couple things you want to look for: Trees(For wood, a big Mountain(For coal), Sand, and water but its not required
    • Before you start your base, gather maybe 40-64 of Wood and Dirt. This will give you tools for mining and digging. And maybe 10-20 coals if you can find a mountain.
    • Sand and Gravel can fall on you when your digging and can suffocate you
    • If your mining and it goes to night time and you have no torches I would recommend waiting it out because you can't see anything and can get you lost easily
    • Place torches all around your house or base, this way you can see it easily.
    • Don't wander off to far from your base or you'll get lost.
    • Go to Minecraft Wiki for crafting recipes and information
    • If your going to hunt for items, change to hard and get lots of meat from Pigs and if your patient you can cook it for more health. I would recommend a sword if you don't have a arching post, which is basically a place high in the air where you can shoot arrows at monsters.
    • In the day time explore, mine, get wood and materials, during the night work on your base.
    • Make a couple chests with specific items in each one, like in once you put all your tools and one you put all your wood.
    • Get a workbench. To do this put 4 logs(I don't know what they are called) in the 2x2 square and when you place it and right click you have a 3x3 crafting square. To get logs(idk) you put wood on the crafting box.
    • Make plans for what your going to do EX:
      Umm I might get some wood in the day, im running low and I need some more tools, during the night I might go and touch up on the looks of my base.
    • Before you go and work, put whatever you want to cook to cook and when you come back it'll be done. Remember to put enough wood. If I remember, wood burns for 15 seconds and coal burns for 30 seconds?
    • Here are some things you always want to carry with you:
      Workbench
      Shovel(1 or 2)
      Pickaxe(1 or 2)
      Axe/Hatchet(1 or 2)
      Meat
      Dirt(So lets say you fall into a hole, you can put dirt under you and get out)
      Torches
      Furnace
      Chest
      ^My opinion^

Teh end, remember I started 1-2 days ago so I don't know very much but I'm learning.

Correct me politely if theres an error ^_^

V-2 - Tips on Mining
      • If your going to make a mining shaft inside your home, make sure to make a skyview. A skyview is basically when theres a hole in the top of the shaft thats sealed with glass, which lets in a lot of light.
      • Never ever mine straight down. You will get fucked eventually by lava.
      • Mine in layers and remember to put torches and ladders or someway of getting out
      • Like I said, watch videos on youtube. You will get lots of ideas from people. MachinimaRealm is a great place for minecraft videos.
      • When you fall into underground caves, set up torches so you can look around. You usually will find some coal or iron.
      • If you come across Lava, put a rock and you will have to move left or right and mine down again. This is the worst situation possible because your skyview has no purpose anymore.
      • This guy made a great series(40+ episodes) on minecraft. In the beginning hes a bit of a noob but in the end hes very informative,creative, and entertaining. Heres the first episode:
      • Stone tools are the best tools in my opinion(to start out). Stone is litterly everywhere and they are pretty durable.
      • For minerals higher then Iron, you need a Iron Pickaxe to mine it. Gold, Diamond, and Redstone are examples.

Last edited by Hitmaniac; 01-12-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    nice man i used ur guide and im still alive