Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Why Do We Cheat? (Just a discussion for fun)

We're all cheaters (and some are coders/hackers) here. So why do we cheat or find holes in the game? Let's have a little sharing just for fun.

Personally, I cheat just because I love experimenting with stuff, especially things that affect the environment. Of course everytime I cheat is private so it's all more about personal fun. I love the gravity stuff because it somehow adds a cool matrix-like effect to the game. Just imagine killing monsters in slow motion and then running towards another monster while the other one is still in the air. It's like some John Woo flick lol!

Another thing is that although I like gaining the benefits of cheats, I also enjoy helping friends in a "legal" way. When I played my character legit all the way to 70, one thing that stayed constant was the need to collect materials and money to create what I needed. The thing is, I also like helping friends, so my time was divided. What I did was I cheated for my own gain to get everything that I needed first. I then "bought" and "got" the new armor parts from the marketplace and the raid boss, so everything seemed like a natural progression for me. Now when somebody asks for help with quests and stuff, I can play with them legitimately (I change my binds back to default of course lol!) and we all have fun. Now, there's no more itch or pressure to get stuff for myself because I have everything I'll ever need, at least until the next few episodes show up.

Cheating actually gives me time to appreciate the nice graphics of the game. In my 6 months of playing this game, I never really noticed how beautiful the monsters were. I only realized how nice they looked when I slowed down time and I saw how detailed they were actually.

Another good thing about cheats is that it lets me practice how to fight solo. When "god mode" was still around, I used the time to fight those new bosses alone. Even if I couldn't be killed, it surely made me learn about their weaknesses as well as how to deal with a giant boss and his army. Nowadays, even without cheating, I'm happy that I can handle my own because of what I practiced and I can be a functional member of any party.

So in short, I cheat because I like getting the nice stuff without having to deal with too much wasted time, which then frees me to play with others legitimately without anyone being suspicious.

Time to share your reasons!
    If you're a cheater, please read "Vindictus Cheater's Guide: The Basics". Play safe, cheat safe!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raisinets For This Useful Post:

caguamas (04-28-2011),dragon73 (04-26-2011),Funktasticmo (04-27-2011),thedoctor2010 (04-27-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I cheat to keep the game more interesting,also I don't have the time to level up 3 characters legit.Only one of my character is leveled legit and its a spear lann,also I don't want to dedicate all my time to this game because I'm married and also have a beautiful baby girl that needs all my attention not to mention the wife will if I dedicate all my time to vindictus So in a nutshell that is me.

Thanks
    i don't have the time to legitimately farm materials. other than that, i'll play the game normally without hacks otherwise it'd be pretty boring.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    i cheat because its fun to know all the exploits. but then some one comes along and ruins it for us.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kabodle For This Useful Post:

ricven (04-27-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I cheat because my gaming skills aren't all that great, and because I prefer to play by myself I need all the help I can get.

Thanks
    I'm cheating on Vindictus cause Nexon never helped me when my items got stolen.

I also cheat on Crysis 2 because they don't have anti-cheat software and its a horrible game. Biggest waste of 60$. Didn't even get sandbox mode cause I got the steam version. Also its like Black Ops with Battle Suits and Cloaking.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I cheat because they banned my level 200 on MapleStory for no good reason.

I'm serious.

I even e-mailed them, but no reply after 6 months. So. Screw them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwar4ever View Post
    I cheat because they banned my level 200 on MapleStory for no good reason.

I'm serious.

I even e-mailed them, but no reply after 6 months. So. Screw them.
    Wow that's sad. I myself am a victim of being part of the collateral damage during the Mabinogi gold dupe incident a few years back. I didn't pick up any of the duped gold checks, didn't do any duping, yet they banned me for a while. I have no idea how they do their bans, it's like carpet bombing, you're screwed if you're in the area of the enemy
    If you're a cheater, please read "Vindictus Cheater's Guide: The Basics". Play safe, cheat safe!

Thanks
    I cheat because after a while it becomes more entertaining to find design/development flaws that can be exploited than to actually play the game as intended.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I only use cheats to save time. And I never do anything that can't be done without cheating.

Thanks
    TO ENLARGEN MY E-PEEN

All jokes aside,I do it so I can save time on grinding and get to the fun stuff (who loves farming a boss 9000 times to get peices?)
    Also by doing that I feel that it makes the game feel fresh alot longer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Just taking advantage of whats out there. Some of this stuff is harder to find.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I like doin wacky things >_>

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    cuz Vindictus is repetitive
    why grind trash mobs when i could just skip to boss room
    [IMG]https://nesanik*****m/wp-content/gallery/nesgifs/mario-banana-fail.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by shadow9th View Post
    a smart modern virus will install itself instantly in your inner winows files, so if you remove it your pc is fked anyways... you could have keyloggers on you and not even know it, some viruses go as far as disabling your anti virus itself if they are smart enough, and most turn off your task manager and msconfig so you cant disable important proccesses to get rid of the virus. keylogging means the hacker can see every single key you type in your pc, all your passwords, all the websites you visit, conversations even credit card numbers... depending on the hacker's intentions an ability a virus can be deadly. downloading a file can really be armageddon...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I cheat because I also prefer to play by myself, or my two close friends. During Closed and Open Beta, most of all my friends from another MMO hosted by Nexon came and we all played. I didn't have any need to exploit. Now, months later, nobody plays anymore but my two close friends and myself. The only hacks I use are the two AI delays. Oh, and the body size mod. I find that one really fun to use. Stepping on a Queen Spider when your 6 stories tall.. There is nothing better.

I also cheat to keep the game feeling new, also.

I don't approve of people hacking for public gain. I can't say I don't approve for personal gain, because that's kinda contradictory.

Y'all pick that apart, comment, and I'll try to reply.

Have a good night!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast