Thanks

Banwave, or something more?

Banwave; a period of time where a game moderator goes over the top and starts banning players for any and all infractions to cut down on excess cheating, right?

Here's the issue... players are not being banned from reports, because many people have been re-banned simply for logging in with a mod.

So how are they re-banning if it was a fresh account with a brand new GTAV key? How do they know?

I have two theories:

1) ScriptHookV is detected. We're all using the same ScriptHookV injection file... Rockstar's anti-cheat can easily identify us as cheaters because we all have the same signature from the same file.

Now some say they're currently using mods and haven't been banned yet. My question to those people is... are you lying? If you aren't lying, do you mind sharing the file size of your ScriptHookV file?

2) Once a month, likely before a content release, Rockstar bans every player that is on a compiled list of modders/cheaters. How they compile the list is up for debate. I believe it is through detection without immediate banning. Or it could be from scanning logs for stat editing, money dropping, etc.

This list of modders/cheaters includes recorded IP addresses and/or hardware IDs which they use to identify and reban anyone associated with the recorded IP addresses and/or hardware IDs. At least during the initial 10-day "ban classification" period. Or it could be that each subsequent ban extends the monitoring period by another 10-days.

Maybe it's a combination of 1 and 2... they could be adding players to their compiled list of modders/cheaters, but will only immediately reban if the player has an IP address and/or hardware ID associated with any of the accounts currently under "ban classification".

Anybody have expert insight on this topic? If ScriptHookV is indeed detected, how do we create a modified copy that is not currently detected?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    If you istalled the Mod and didint use it you might be banned cuz they can see your GTA V directory

Thanks
    Script hook not the issue - Single Player mod is allowing, so they can't banning just for have that file. But after say this, the online script hook code is not same as offline script hook code - they could scanning for this change and if they do, you could get ban.

But this not likely, I use the mod since 1.26 and not ever be ban. I be use them over lasting 4 days as usual and nothing happening. It actually nice to see less people cause the problem in the server.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I'm pretty sure they are logging IP's or HWID's in order to prevent modders from getting on new or cracked accounts to start over. This means its a good idea to switch your IP if you can after a ban. However, if they are logging HWID's modding could be over. Another thing to keep in mind is everyone uses scripthookv.dll and it's probably easily detectable. They can easily scan your GTA directory while online is loading and figure out you're modding, in fact I think they have been doing that since day one, but the clear reports function saved most people from the waves. Now that clearing reports is detected and no one can remove the stat flags or other reports labeling people as cheaters making it super easy for R* to banhammer everyone super fast as if they have an Anti-Cheat. When really they are just logging the information needed to track modders no matter what account their on. There are still plenty of modders who aren't banned, but that's probably because they need to get that first ban in order for R* to start logging their information.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    well i just got a 2 month ban so :/