Religion is the biggest troll in human history

It's true.

/discuss
    I am the God.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    troll no duce bags yes

so many people in history have died in the name of religion thats why i dont belive

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Praise allah.
    I am the God.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    God, the anti-religious threads are my turf, you better back off.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dk173 View Post
    troll no duce bags yes

so many people in history have died in the name of religion thats why i dont belive
    So many people died in the name of freedom and the pursuit of happiness, do you not believe in that either?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by LastDime View Post
    So many people died in the name of freedom and the pursuit of happiness, do you not believe in that either?
    I had the same problem with dk173's post as well, dying for a cause just means you have a firm belief in that cause. Just goes to show you that, like in one of my previous posts, being an atheist doesn't automatically make you a rational person, it would be nice if all us atheists were rational but that's not the universe we live in
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 12-19-2009 at 03:19 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    Paroxysm mindfucks people with his logical responses.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I totally said this when we trolled everyone about Dave. Get off my dangles bitch.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    I totally said this when we trolled everyone about Dave. Get off my dangles bitch.
    Two rational atheists with similar ideas? Get out of here, you must be crazy. Can you imagine a world where two people with similar ideology's agreed on something? Man you need to lay off the crack.

Glass Pipe Fallacy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I agree with Paroxysm, threads regarding anti-religion should be left up to him. He adds substance into his posts, not just /discuss.
    The night fades with a breath of sunshine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    As being a religious person, I remember a quote in the BIBLE (Yes I Underlined and Made it Bold) that stat's " even those who do not believe shall speak his name" there is much truth behind this statement, also there is another quote in the BIBLE that states "even non believers shall enter the gates of heaven before those who have followed and obeyed God's will" why is this you ask, it is said one more time in the BIBLE " that "Believers and teachers of my word shall be judge harshly when judgment day comes" why have I said all this, first off it is not religious propaganda, I was discussing the many reasons religions are needed for this world!

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Xion7200 View Post
    As being a religious person, I remember a quote in the BIBLE (Yes I Underlined and Made it Bold) that stat's " even those who do not believe shall speak his name" there is much truth behind this statement, also there is another quote in the BIBLE that states "even non believers shall enter the gates of heaven before those who have followed and obeyed God's will" why is this you ask, it is said one more time in the BIBLE " that "Believers and teachers of my word shall be judge harshly when judgment day comes" why have I said all this, first off it is not religious propaganda, I was discussing the many reasons religions are needed for this world!
    Why are you putting the bible in bold print and underlining it?

" "even those who do not believe shall speak his name" there is much truth behind this statement"

We haven't been talking about Yahweh, Jehovah or whatever else you're calling your god. We're talking about gods in general. How is there any truth behind that statement?

"I was discussing the many reasons religions are needed for this world!"

No you weren't, you're just quoting the bible. But feel free to tell us why religions are needed for this world.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Why are you putting the bible in bold print and underlining it?

" "even those who do not believe shall speak his name" there is much truth behind this statement"

We haven't been talking about Yahweh, Jehovah or whatever else you're calling your god. We're talking about gods in general. How is there any truth behind that statement?

"I was discussing the many reasons religions are needed for this world!"

No you weren't, you're just quoting the bible. But feel free to tell us why religions are needed for this world.
    Religions are needed in this world because many people have to really on other belief systems, we can not always rely on people around us, also haven't you ever thought that there must be something greater than what you see when you step outside and take a look at the world, this gives many people hope and that is why I think religion is needed for our civilization,

To answer your question about this statement/quote "even those who do not believe shall speak his name". Have you ever said God or Jesus Christ ever in your life, I'm sure you have heard many people say it when there in stress or frustrated or have just witnessed a shocking event, even when people get excited they sometimes oh my God

And Finally I know you were talking about all the many different god's in general, but isn't the most well known God, Jesus Christ and his Father God!

Minion Statistics

Thanks
    Religion does NOT need to exist in order for people to gain some form of hope in the world. All religion does is force those who accept it to choose sides. It's always been a main conflict in our human history and will continue to do so. Religions do not need to be in place in order to worship a god. If there is 1 god then there should be 1 religion. The very fact that there is so many, similar and/or completely opposite, is the reason that the existence of a god pretty much becomes invalidated.

In conclusion, religion is just unnecessary and is another way to separate each other.
    Last edited by Einstein2.0; 12-30-2009 at 03:09 AM.
    Caltech -Theoretical physics

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein2.0 View Post
    Religion does NOT need to exist in order for people to gain some form of hope in the world. All religion does is force those who accept it to choose sides. It's always been a main conflict in our human history and will continue to do so. Religions do not need to be in place in order to worship a god. If there is 1 god then there should be 1 religion. The very fact that there is so many, similar and/or completely opposite, is the reason that the existence of a god pretty much becomes invalidated.

In conclusion, religion is just unnecessary and is another way to separate each other.
    If religion is "Invalidated" I guess the theory of Evolution can become "Invalidated" as-well I suppose, what is evolution but a mathematical formula equal to or near an even or full number, besides this why have many governments restricted religion being taught at public schools while evolution is being taught without question, why is this so, is it because there is evidence of evolution occurring, not so much, just a theory, is there evidence of god, some may argue no there is not, but there have been scrolls found from ancient time's that have been translated threw the centuries and decades into what most religions call their bible, others may say things get's lost in translation, this may be true but we were not around in those days so it is difficult to prove both opposing factions, but here we have many people everyday turning to a God, many maybe, but the possibility that all these god's are connected to be just 1 god with many different names who knows, it up to you to decide for yourself!

Minion Statistics

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast