Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Roca chan View Post
    I'd like to hear some of your opinions about this.
    well,

there are atheist too, where they don't believe of the existence of any 1 god.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    God has to exist to be "good" or "bad"
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Gonna be in the minority but I believe God exists and created us, not a huge fan of me being made by a random "explosion" what do they say these days 4 billion years ago? Correct me if I'm wrong but the idea of me being a pokemon and evolving and becoming better is retarded to me. So I get that mutations occur and people can have were differences but I'm not one day going to have a kid who is going to have a tail or a fin. I understand that using things repeatedly over time may change it's size and or function. In which case I can expect humans to have their hands grow slightly larger (most of which may just be fat). But they are never going to turn into fins or allow me to become aquaman and breath underwater. People may easily argue and say that if god exists or is even good then why do terrible things happen. Not going to go into a lecture, will continue this later on. Sorry for my bad spelling/grammar. Peace

Thanks
    I don't really believe in a God, but I do believe that there is something out there. Obviously I don't know what it is but it's just a feeling

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    But you believe some random guy snapped his fingers and made Earth and the solar system? The explosion theory makes far more sense than a deity who, before Earth and before the existence of animals, created everything.

I apologize for my misinformation then. And It's not some random guy, people claim because the laws of gravity exist the explosion theory works. But I ask you who made those laws, We cannot simply exist because we existed. We have to have a beginning and if a book that predicted what would happen 2k+ years in the future multiple times, seems like the most reliable option.

No one actually thinks this either. Evolution was from animal to human. We have the same biological structure as most mammals such as gorillas and monkeys.
    Cool learned that in biology a few years back, I am not arguing that we are not similar, but we are made (mentally) in the image of God, we are set apart. We have consciousness, a tiger doesn't kill a rabbit and begin to ponder if that is bad. Morality is not existed even if we all use the same biological similarities.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Because they have the mentality when raised that, that's how you live. I'm pretty positive that back when cavemen existed, you had to kill other cavemen to survive or prove a sense of being alpha to have a female. It's just that over time we evolved differently because of basic advancements (e.g cultures starting, the extinction of dinosaurs)

I never mentioned a lion being similar to humans. I mentioned a gorilla being similar to humans. Even today, we have gorillas that won't kill humans as long as you're not within their territory or prove to be a significant threat.
    Interesting thought.. So let me just review, we are debating if a consciousness is truly what sets apart humans or is it just our mentality? Going to actually need to think about this. BrB

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    "Does a lion consider the life of a rabbit before killing it."

The answer is no, because if they don't kill the rabbit, they die themselves. Kill or be killed, survival of the fittest, etc. None of these play a role in religion? If worst came to worst and someone threatened my life, I would absolutely kill them, no second thoughts.
    Absolutely, it's called self-defense. But they fact is they don't even consider it, they don't have a conscious period. Will any animal EVER feel guilt, or even compassion? No they don't they don't have the mental capability of being made in God's own image.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by lpmcgee12 View Post
    Gonna be in the minority but I believe God exists and created us, not a huge fan of me being made by a random "explosion" what do they say these days 4 billion years ago? Correct me if I'm wrong but the idea of me being a pokemon and evolving and becoming better is retarded to me. So I get that mutations occur and people can have were differences but I'm not one day going to have a kid who is going to have a tail or a fin. I understand that using things repeatedly over time may change it's size and or function. In which case I can expect humans to have their hands grow slightly larger (most of which may just be fat). But they are never going to turn into fins or allow me to become aquaman and breath underwater. People may easily argue and say that if god exists or is even good then why do terrible things happen. Not going to go into a lecture, will continue this later on. Sorry for my bad spelling/grammar. Peace
    >_>
    Pokemon's metamorphisize. They don't "evolve" in the sense that the theory of evolution is talking about.

You fucking retard. You actually think evolution is like it is in pokemon? Sheesh.

, survival of the fittest, etc..
    Survival of the fittest means those who are fit to survive, do.

It's not "the biggest win" but those that can simply surive. In this instance a rabbit is much more suited to live than a lion. Though their life spans are generally shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by lpmcgee12 View Post
    Absolutely, it's called self-defense. But they fact is they don't even consider it, they don't have a conscious period. Will any animal EVER feel guilt, or even compassion? No they don't they don't have the mental capability of being made in God's own image.
    Yes. Animals have empathy, it's proven, get over yourself.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Voucher (01-15-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Stone the gays!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    "Atheist god"
    LMAO BRO WTF

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I think, if a God exists he is very unfair and contradictory. Claims benevolence and let's some of his creations suffer for doing nothing wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alyx29 View Post
    Stone the gays!
    O.
    ////////

Donator/Premium since May 2015
    Member of MPGH since March 2015

100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

Thanks
    Someone's gain or good is some other person's loss. ALWAYS! That's how the nature works.

Now if you ask if God is good or bad, then do you think satan is the opposite of that?

To be honest, this question of yours is not up for debate. The real question is of his existence...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I believe in God. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around Judgement day. I think this is what scares me at night and makes me question him, but I have to understand that how did we become to be on a floating planet. We can go the whole scientific route with this. Everyone has their own opinion but we wont know til that day comes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I really dont know , but he is good and also a bad.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    well

5.9 million children died before the age of 5 last year (might not be that exact figure)

i'm sure at least some of those parents had prayed religiously their whole life, so we can conclude praying doesn't work

and i'm pretty sure you can get "into heaven" by praying in the last minutes of your life

conclusion: live your life as a scientifically fulfilled agnostic/atheist, pray in the last few minutes \o/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast