Thanks

Game feels stale

This is coming from a seasoned player, I have played since 2008 until now and have followed through the game with its storylines, seasonal events, world events and etc. This game now feels stale, many releases are half baked and rarely sparks my interest with exception of a few (Dage v Nulgath, Dreadrock). I don't know if I am the only one but this game feels very stale, there is a very lack of community and communication nowadays. PvP is very broken and unexciting in this game and this game needs major overhaul of interface too. Yulgar is just a hotbed of AFKers. The staff is just releasing very short and uninteresting releases and endless reskins of items to entice people to buy AC.

This game has so much potential and so much more can be done to improve it. Although I love the grinding for legion items and Nulgath items I feel they gone way overboard with the grinding. Grinding is now in almost every aspect of the game, it will take very long to reach end games, although botting speeds it up a lot. It seems there is little purpose and incentive to grind except for exclusive legion items, nulgath, rep classes.

The biggest problem is the lack of team mechanics and PvP in game as well as intriguing storylines. Veteran players are bored with half baked releases and those who have been here very long would love to participate in long storylines and sagas. Releases are very lacklustre with couple of maps, quest, monsters and items which can be done in a very short while. It is a vicious cycle. If AE releases very long and tough storylines that requires teams with puzzles and obstacles etc it would engage the veterans interests. These 15 minute releases are just going to bore people. I also feel if AE improves PvP and introduce more modes and custom team and maps, PvP will come to life again. Hence the lack of team playing and communication because releases can be done in such a short while with little incentive and lack of plots and storylines.

Another thing is the suggestions forums, there are many players who gave good suggestions on forums but largely ignored, such as improving PvP, combat, interface, inventory, class etc. Mostly only implemented are player suggested artwork. This is unacceptable. If AE considers suggestions carefully and seriously they can improve the game and realise its full potential .

Tldr, game feels stale with 15 minute releases, lack of communication and team mechanics, unnecessary grinding in almost all aspects of the game and is in need of major improvements to the quality of releases, PvP and interface.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Furore For This Useful Post:

Oliboli8769 (03-29-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    The AQWiki ruined the "Adventure" in this game
    Only fools pledge life to honor.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    I gave AQ up like 5 years old. Just got boring real fast and I thought the grind back then was bad. Huh.
    Probably because they're switching everything to mobile with the upcoming Death of flash.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Conquerable For This Useful Post:

Oliboli8769 (03-29-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquerable View Post
    Death of flash.
    This pretty much sums it all up

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliboli8769 View Post
    This pretty much sums it all up
    "It's good while it lasts."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Oliboli8769 (03-30-2016)

Thanks
    Sad to see my childhood game and franchise end soon, but I had great memories when AQW was in its prime around 2010-2012, after that everything went downhill and AE became money whores, along with the death of flash, this game had very huge potential .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Furore For This Useful Post:

Nightstep (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    This game is dying fast, not only is flash dead they put around 5 minutes into every story-line. Half of the new releases now are just shitty fan works they found on twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
    meme is shittiest general mod ever.

dd/mm/yy
    Member | 28/1/16 - ∞
    Premium | 20/3/16 - ∞
    BattleOn Minion | 24/12/17 - 21/7/21
    Minion+ | 4/4/19 - 11/12/20
    Other MMMORPG Minion | 10/11/19 - 21/7/21
    Publicist | 7/2/20 - Unknown
    Minecraft Minion | 10/12/20 - 21/7/21
    General Minion | 10/12/20 - 21/7/21

Moderator | 11/12/20 - 21/7/21
    Princess | 5/1/21 - 30/6/21
    Global Moderator | 21/7/21 - ∞
    Pharaoh | 30/1/22 - ∞
    Trusted Member | 16/3/23 - ∞

Thanks
    Someone told me that the small releases are because AE is running out of space for AQworlds so when the server rewrite happens, that'll free up enough space to start using the normal quest system again instead of the shitty token system.
    My opinion hinges on this 'rewrite' meme, if it, coupled with the buyback shop somehow make the game an incredibly playable fun-time with huge releases, like it was in 2009, then i'd still log on, if those 2 thinks don't change anything and end up making the game worse, then i'm selling both my 8 year old accounts.

AHAHAH, YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE FUNNY, IF THIS WHOLE REWRITE ACTUALLY WAS A DELAYED WAY TO FINALLY SHUT DOWN AQworlds
    "sorry guys, I know you were excited for a rewrite but we just had no choice, we're too bad at making releases now so please bear with us and switch to AQ3D"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Half of the new releases now are just shitty fan works they found on twitter.
    So funny and yet so true.

Thanks
    Now I'm just trying not to stay bored by going for end game items and content but I'll probably quit eventually

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuma2099 View Post
    YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE FUNNY, IF THIS WHOLE REWRITE ACTUALLY WAS A DELAYED WAY TO FINALLY SHUT DOWN AQworlds
    "sorry guys, I know you were excited for a rewrite but we just had no choice, we're too bad at making releases now so please bear with us and switch to AQ3D"

That would be so annoying if it were true.
    I would drop the whole AE life.
    To know that for the greater good they must remain the greatest threat. | Minion 11/16 - 02/17 | Vouches