Thanks

Cheats coded in python?

Obviously it wouldn't be as stable as what ever coded in C++ and such, and I'm not expecting to come up with an effective hack in any short amount of time, I'm just thinking since python is a lot simpler and easier to learn, it would speed up several processes.. Asking experienced coders, is it possible to make any kind of hack even a triggorbot in python? thank you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    /Moved to the correct section.

Thanks
    Obviously there is a way to do it, however, I don't feel like it would be worth it as nobody really does it and this field is barely documented (if at all). Learning a proper language like C++ or C#, hell even C if you are an oldschool "hacker". I personally would go with C++ for anything related to game hacking as doing anything without <Windows.h> is pretty difficult by itself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by d4rkW View Post
    Obviously there is a way to do it, however, I don't feel like it would be worth it as nobody really does it and this field is barely documented (if at all). Learning a proper language like C++ or C#, hell even C if you are an oldschool "hacker". I personally would go with C++ for anything related to game hacking as doing anything without <Windows.h> is pretty difficult by itself.
    Yeah thats what I was thinking, I'll probably go with C because its obviously way simpler than c++ (even though it would be more efficient).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by betterthancookiezi View Post
    Yeah thats what I was thinking, I'll probably go with C because its obviously way simpler than c++ (even though it would be more efficient).
    I strongly recommend you to go with C++ as that will not only teach you about game hacking put also windows programming in general. These days the only reason I would choose C over C++ is while creating something for very low level hardware.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to d4rkW For This Useful Post:

Graaff (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    C++ is the better C, there is no reason to pick C if C++ is available.

You can use any language you want, the only thing you need is a way to access memory of a different process.
    If you can access memory of any program with your language, you can also create cheats with it.

Thanks
    Obviously there is a way to do it, however, I don't feel like it would be worth it as nobody really does it and this field is barely documented (if at all).
    Why should what other people are doing influence his decisions?

Learning a proper language like C++ or C#, hell even C if you are an oldschool "hacker".
    How is python not a "proper" language?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to demmonic For This Useful Post:

betterthancookiezi (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WasserEsser View Post
    C++ is the better C, there is no reason to pick C if C++ is available.

You can use any language you want, the only thing you need is a way to access memory of a different process.
    If you can access memory of any program with your language, you can also create cheats with it.
    since c++ is based off of c it would be a lot easier, and there are a lot of coders out there that believe c is an easier alternative and it would make it much easier to learn the later forms.

EDIT: also since (I dont have as much experience as to others but going from what I've heard) c is a base language, I've heard its a lot faster and works a lot more effectively than c++ because of its complexity and relies on a lot of stuff that just simply wouldnt do well if a user hasnt installed specific things such as the latest netframework or whatever
    Last edited by betterthancookiezi; 06-06-2016 at 07:02 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    since c++ is based off of c it would be a lot easier, and there are a lot of coders out there that believe c is an easier alternative and it would make it much easier to learn the later forms.

EDIT: also since (I dont have as much experience as to others but going from what I've heard) c is a base language, I've heard its a lot faster and works a lot more effectively than c++ because of its complexity and relies on a lot of stuff that just simply wouldnt do well if a user hasnt installed specific things such as the latest netframework or whatever
    Learning C when you could learn C++ is not efficient. C++ has a lot more to offer which also applies to other languages such as Object Oriented Programming etc..

C++ has too many things which you shouldn't miss at all such as the entire std library ( std::vector is such a huge friend ), function overloading, templates etc..

You'll only make it harder for yourself if you pick up C instead of C++. Why would you make 2 seperate functions for instance, ReadInt and ReadFloat if you could just overload the function or even template it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WasserEsser For This Useful Post:

betterthancookiezi (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    1 week has passed and no further replies have been made by the OP. Assuming solved.

/Closed.