Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

[help] i have a question

Ok, so i just thought about it and was wondering if any sort of class in school could help me with programing/learning c++? By this i mean any form of math(some where in the precal to cal classes would be in my junior and senior year) or English, or any form that could help at all. if none thats great too.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    well maybe typing class if you take that so you don't misspell words which could be life or death in coding. I just sleep in my calculus class

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Anything you can learn in school you can learn on your own.
    Pick up a book at your local bookstore and read it all the way through.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Maths and english
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    yeah i know all about learning stuff on my own, sucks having shitty math teachers who give increadibly hard tests and can only go through one problem in class a day.
    But thanks for the feed back guys, the answers what i though they would be. this just means i get to read a shit load of books this summer... sould be fun

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Or just one hard one... =/

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    SDFU nooob

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Easy.
    Save up about 50$
    Buy C++ All-in-one For Dummies
    Comes with a nice compiler.
    And 7 books in one!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    ok, i found it. but there are 2, a c and a c++. so probably should pick up the c++ one.
    Last edited by nubs; 02-13-2010 at 01:21 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    If you can, take a Computer Science class. This is normally something some schools don't offer. I know mine does, but it's not that great. Teachers suck, blah blah.

Anyways, I don't think this is offered to teens @ school, or as an outside course, and again, I'm speaking based on what I've seen, so prove me wrong if you want but yeah.
    If you aren't attending University, then this is something you're going to have to self teach, or wait for Uni.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Yeh it may be tough learning a language for a first time. I had 2 semesters background in Java, and I picked up the raw basics of C++ in about 2-3 months, so take your time and have fun with it.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    well, i am an increadibly fast learner so shouldnt be hard to grasp any consecpts. and i do want to do some self-tought stuff. being ahead from all of the other kids in the class is always great.