Thread: Quick question

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Quick question

Hello Modders,
    I have a question for you. Has anyone heard of a file Engine.REZ or have seen the file anywhere?

Thanks in advance.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Hello Modders,
    I have a question for you. Has anyone heard of a file Engine.REZ or have seen the file anywhere?

Thanks in advance.
    Are you trying to find the text that the game uses? Or are you looking to do that debug mode?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by |-|3|_][({}PT3R12 View Post
    Are you trying to find the text that the game uses? Or are you looking to do that debug mode?
    Lol, no, just simply experimenting with the Engine. It is a initialized a certain list of commands, by which I mean certain parameters are passed to it before it starts, but I see this in the code
    Code:
    ASCII "-windowtitle \"CombatArms\" -rez Engine.REZ -rez Game"
    which makes it seems like its setting the windows, but its doing something else as well.

It seems like it might be providing a directory to the Game folder where all the .REZ files are stored, so what Im trying to do is see if an Engine.REZ exist, because if not I think it might be passing something to the Rez Manager class. Im still working on cracking the .dat files, its a slow process, but Im getting much closer then I was before.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Lol, no, just simply experimenting with the Engine. It is a initialized a certain list of commands, by which I mean certain parameters are passed to it before it starts, but I see this in the code
    Code:
    ASCII "-windowtitle \"CombatArms\" -rez Engine.REZ -rez Game"
    which makes it seems like its setting the windows, but its doing something else as well.

It seems like it might be providing a directory to the Game folder where all the .REZ files are stored, so what Im trying to do is see if an Engine.REZ exist, because if not I think it might be passing something to the Rez Manager class. Im still working on cracking the .dat files, its a slow process, but Im getting much closer then I was before.
    I havn't seen a Engine.rez, but ill keep an eye out for it. And i wonder why the title and the loading of the rez files are in the same line 0.o

If you nop that out what happens?

Thanks
    i havent ran across it yet but i havent really been looking either so

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    havent found one atleast
    everybody lies

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I've seen Engine.rez files on other games which use .rez

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    That's fine. I simply wanted to know if it was there. Its okay if it isn't. That just means it doesn't exist, which means this line means what I thought.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower