I Miss Modding... And Might Have An Idea

Posts 1–15 of 33 · Page 1 of 3
I Miss Modding... And Might Have An Idea
So... I may have an idea and cure to the dead section here, and with enough traction, maybe we could get something really cool going.

As many of you may remember, @matypatty and I started a project way back when called CAPS (Combat Arms Private Server) aka TPS (The Private Server).

While I don't want to make a Combat Arms clone, I'd rather just re-upload all the stuff for TPS, setup a server, teach others how to do the same, and start modding that. The best mods could be applied in community updates like Once a month.

I still have EVERYTHING, including 3ds max, alias maya, Visual Studio 2003 for source compiling, TPS original releases, the original game launcher we made, and the CAPS releases. Also still have a lot of older tutorials and will be willing to make new ones. All releases would be done through MPGH and my personal website (which I won't advertise here or in the game itself)

Whatchu guys think? I'll be making a video about it on YouTube as well to announce the idea. If you don't know my channel, my old one from my modding days was terminated for bullshit reasons and I made a new one
My YT Channel
I think it'd be awesome. I have free time again and miss the old community and how active it was. Would definitely contribute to mods
go forward with it mate - seems legit
If you get back into modding man I'll have to get back into coding. People like you, CoderNever, Witt, and Flengo were my inspiration to teach myself c++. I just get on the forms every once in a while to see whats going on.
When I find some time, i'll get a package and video put together

@RuShi
When I get all this stuff packaged up and a release ready, can I PM you a private link to check it out for posting? It'll probably be over 1.5Gigs in total when ready. No site can virus scan that online.

@Skaterforeva1 @DisturbedA7X @LilGho$t


I'm gonna live stream any creation or modifications for this. That's the original launcher, i'm making the new one to match it and expand on it. I'll make the PHP files later to go with it for a login system. Might need some help there
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
When I find some time, i'll get a package and video put together

@RuShi
When I get all this stuff packaged up and a release ready, can I PM you a private link to check it out for posting? It'll probably be over 1.5Gigs in total when ready. No site can virus scan that online.

@Skaterforeva1 @DisturbedA7X @LilGho$t


I'm gonna live stream any creation or modifications for this. That's the original launcher, i'm making the new one to match it and expand on it. I'll make the PHP files later to go with it for a login system. Might need some help there
Okay, just PM me the link.
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
When I find some time, i'll get a package and video put together

@RuShi
When I get all this stuff packaged up and a release ready, can I PM you a private link to check it out for posting? It'll probably be over 1.5Gigs in total when ready. No site can virus scan that online.

@Skaterforeva1 @DisturbedA7X @LilGho$t

I'm gonna live stream any creation or modifications for this. That's the original launcher, i'm making the new one to match it and expand on it. I'll make the PHP files later to go with it for a login system. Might need some help there
Just let me know i work a lot of 5pm - 3am est
Quote Originally Posted by Skaterforeva1 View Post
Just let me know i work a lot of 5pm - 3am est
sadly, that's usually when I live stream :/ is at like 8PM Eastern since that's when I'm home from work.

The only thing I need coded is a backend SQL DB and a simple PHP file to communicate. I have all the rest of the C# to communicate. I just haven't learned PHP yet and that's the one file I no longer have from IntGamers (rip lol) when I owned it. It doesn't even exist now period
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
sadly, that's usually when I live stream :/ is at like 8PM Eastern since that's when I'm home from work.

The only thing I need coded is a backend SQL DB and a simple PHP file to communicate. I have all the rest of the C# to communicate. I just haven't learned PHP yet and that's the one file I no longer have from IntGamers (rip lol) when I owned it. It doesn't even exist now period
i wont be able to be much help with php or sql I have very little knowledge in either. I only really know C#, HTML, and C++. And it has been a very long time with html
Quote Originally Posted by Skaterforeva1 View Post
i wont be able to be much help with php or sql I have very little knowledge in either. I only really know C#, HTML, and C++. And it has been a very long time with html
Anything web based except database communication, i'm terrible at. I mean i can do all the SQL stuff in my C# based Launcher for the game, but that's just asking for issues overall with people trying to hack into it
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
Anything web based except database communication, i'm terrible at. I mean i can do all the SQL stuff in my C# based Launcher for the game, but that's just asking for issues overall with people trying to hack into it
Well its still in development so we should have time to learn before it becomes necessary to worry about hackers. I honestly had tps on my old pc but cannot remember how far it even was along.
This sounds awesome, great idea super.
Honestly, it'd be pretty cool if you could make a CA Golden Age Private Server. Other than that, I would like to see REZ modding coming back/done again. It's been almost forever since I've done something as fun as that.
Quote Originally Posted by killingspree888 View Post
Honestly, it'd be pretty cool if you could make a CA Golden Age Private Server. Other than that, I would like to see REZ modding coming back/done again. It's been almost forever since I've done something as fun as that.
Have another project going that's going to fund anything CAPS/TPS related, but have to finish it first. Once that's complete, I'll have that all setup and get to working on a release for TPS
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
Have another project going that's going to fund anything CAPS/TPS related, but have to finish it first. Once that's complete, I'll have that all setup and get to working on a release for TPS
That's cool~ This would restore the MPGH Combat Arms community .
Posts 1–15 of 33 · Page 1 of 3

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us