Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    you don't d/l anything. Open up your mp_config located in the players folder inside mw2. Once that's open look for ->seta cg_ScoresPing_Interval and make it->"20". Then once that's edited look for seta cg_ScoresPing_MaxBars and make it->"10". After you get done doing that, save it and make it read only. That's all that you have to do for this to work.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    lol i have this without this tutorial

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroop2000 View Post
    lol i have this without this tutorial
    nice bump... anyways, lets move it to the general

/moved

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Yes this works. I have done this. Some modded servers ( like level 70 and xp boost) will change this automaticly (kinda scary, I dont know what all else they can do!) I've had this for months and no ban so I would say its ok. You can change the bars colors or whatever you like. If your not actualy modifying game files to change your ability, just looks you wont get banned. This is just a texture hack. Dont f with .dlls that is what gets you banned. Injecting/modifying actual actions.
    Mine is blue

Back up the file and change the command save and try. The worst thing that could happen is an error and you start over or give up, not gonna get you banned, keep you out of games, or effect any other part of the game. It only changes amount, size and color of the bars.

OR look here I just uploaded a program that can do this for you.MW2configuration utility

Heres alittle more info:

Navigate to the folder: 'program files\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2\players' and open the file config_mp.cfg. Just drop it in notepad to edit it.

Change scoresping_interval from 100 to 20, and maxbars from 4 to 10 (10 is the max).

This means that each of the 10 bars represents 20ms, with full green being 20ms or lower, and 1 red being 200ms or higher.

Colors:

seta cg_ScoresPing_HighColor "0.8 0 0 1" Sets the color of the High ping Bars
    seta cg_ScoresPing_LowColor "0 0.74902 0 1" Sets the color of the Low ping Bars
    seta cg_ScoresPing_MedColor "0.8 0.8 0 1" Sets the color of the Medium ping Bars
    Last edited by willieG; 07-26-2010 at 06:30 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by willieG View Post
    Yes this works. I have done this. Some modded servers ( like level 70 and xp boost) will change this automaticly (kinda scary, I dont know what all else they can do!) I've had this for months and no ban so I would say its ok. You can change the bars colors or whatever you like. If your not actualy modifying game files to change your ability, just looks you wont get banned. This is just a texture hack. Dont f with .dlls that is what gets you banned. Injecting/modifying actual actions.
    Mine is blue

Back up the file and change the command save and try. The worst thing that could happen is an error and you start over or give up, not gonna get you banned, keep you out of games, or effect any other part of the game. It only changes amount, size and color of the bars.

OR look here I just uploaded a program that can do this for you.MW2configuration utility

Heres alittle more info:

Navigate to the folder: 'program files\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2\players' and open the file config_mp.cfg. Just drop it in notepad to edit it.

Change scoresping_interval from 100 to 20, and maxbars from 4 to 10 (10 is the max).

This means that each of the 10 bars represents 20ms, with full green being 20ms or lower, and 1 red being 200ms or higher.

Colors:

seta cg_ScoresPing_HighColor "0.8 0 0 1" Sets the color of the High ping Bars
    seta cg_ScoresPing_LowColor "0 0.74902 0 1" Sets the color of the Low ping Bars
    seta cg_ScoresPing_MedColor "0.8 0.8 0 1" Sets the color of the Medium ping Bars

Dude holy shit major bump. Man prepare for a ban hammer coming down to crack the life out of your whimpering body while you lay on the ground shattered.

Ex Middleman

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    If i change/add/remove anything from the config_mp.gsc file, it always resets after i play mw2. It doesnt even set after i jus added it. Is the any fix to this? anyway to perma save it?

If i change/add/remove anything from the config_mp.gsc file, it always resets after i play mw2. It doesnt even set after i jus added it. Is the any fix to this? anyway to perma save it?

PLAY STARCRAFT II!? ADD ME! PINOYPUNCHINGBAG@YAHOO.COM OR MY FRIEND CODE 636 STOSHY!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    There is no way, visit Activison and steam and check. you will not get banned for modifying this file at all. I promise. but dont take my word go to steam yourself.

If I get banned it wont be for that. It will be for injecting files. or changing DLL. No ban yet. I have been playing this for a year and changing all I can.

And Stoshy IDK WTF. I dont have that problem at all. Are you saving it when your done or do you play? Open it manualy in txt and save it. It should stay.

I am trying, through Steam, to find all the loop wholes but they are pretty aprehinsive.

Some things they encourage like skins. ther is a txt with the game on how to do that. Itys in the skin file (the only file in there.) They want you to.

But, im trying to modify the code for quit alone. and its a dll. Major ban. They are dumbfounded. They dont know why and neither will you til I get it done. They cant tell me I will or wont.

On that I have had no yes or no from Steam just double talkn techs. with your "configuration file" so long as you dont chage the radar size its good. That is the only line I know you will get an error for( not banned just not allowed). all the rest are fine to alter.

read the txt in your game. if they do . F N SUE. its in the license as well.
    Last edited by willieG; 07-26-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks
    There is no way, visit Activison and steam and check. you will not get banned for modifying this file at all. I promise. but dont take my word go to steam yourself.
    Take that fact that mw2 config utility edits the config file and it was featured on infinity ward.com forums from an admin.

Ex Middleman

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by jbubblepop View Post

Take that fact that mw2 config utility edits the config file and it was featured on infinity ward.com forums from an admin.
    Exactly by an admin. And you dont have to use that. Do it mamnually.

No ban. Totaly legal. And usefull. They had to give us something the game is sooooooo loose

want a challange? hack games for windows live. IF you can!
    Last edited by willieG; 07-26-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks
    Exactly by an admin. And you dont have to use that. Do it mamnually.

No ban. Totaly legal. And usefull. They had to give us something the game is sooooooo loose

want a challange? hack games for windows live. IF you can!
    ugh windows live is icky

Ex Middleman

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    I run a cracked ver of mw2 and i us aIW. I tried posting my same comment in the aIW forums, but no 1 will answer -.-

PLAY STARCRAFT II!? ADD ME! PINOYPUNCHINGBAG@YAHOO.COM OR MY FRIEND CODE 636 STOSHY!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    IDK i have that when i inistalled My Game
    and the Bars are few and i wont change it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    ok if anyone is wondering why you cant be banned by this, the file is edited ALL THE TIME while you are ingame if you alt + enter to get into windowed it will change a value in the config file. so you definitely wont be banned

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    I knew this before but didnt actualy know how to do it , thanks
    <--- iShadowLTu as you can see in my Avatar picture is my In-Game name for most online games.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    thanks it work

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast