Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Question New to java! Whats ur best tools that help you with coding java

So iam in second year of swedish "gymnasium" which is 1 year from getting out of school and we are currently working with alot of web devolopment (html5) and alot with Java
    iam using eclipse as my main program to code and i feel like if there is any other tools/programs to help me is would be great if to know them so if u guys know good programs that i could use it would be great if u could advice me on how to get started and Enhance my learning

i work on both windows and ios so any programs will do

Thanks in before hand

Thanks
    Hello, I saw you didn't have any replys and decided I would throw in my two cents. Eclipse is an alright IDE that I used for a few years, but I would highly recommend going over to Intellij IDEA it has a nice design and features helpful typing shortcuts for common expressions as well as the ability to make your own (e.x sout will become System.out.println().

As far as tools go there are a few really good java books I would look into, they can usually be found free online by searching the book name followed by pdf. Here is a list of a few of the books that helped me: Headfirst Java, and Learning Java by Jonathan Knudsen and Patrick Niemeyer. If you arent the book type of person you can also check out some Stanford lectures that we used in my CS class, just searh youtune for Stanford CS106a - Programming Methodology. Hope this helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DrCryptixV3 For This Useful Post:

lundis123 (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    I learnt java in school and we used Eclipse... honestly choosing between Eclipse or IntellijIDEA is like having an Xbox or a Play Station, they both have their own perks and they both work great.

GL if you need any help add me on skype : [img]https://**********.com/addskype/rand/Kyle.longstaff.png[/img]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxGen For This Useful Post:

lundis123 (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    If you're ever using any dependencies in your Java applications, I would highly recommend building your application using Apache Maven. It's also very rewarding to learn Git for version control and collaboration.

Hope you the best in your adventure on Java

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dogmatic For This Useful Post:

lundis123 (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Thank you very much for the reply ill check these things out

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I might the person that breaks it here, but I like NetBeans IDE, it comes with Java SDK, which might be a plus for you. In the end it all depends on your personal preference. Oh and NetBeans is developed by the same company as Java itself is, just fyi.
    Last edited by wicker558; 08-17-2017 at 03:02 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by wicker558 View Post
    I might the person that breaks it here, but I like NetBeans IDE, it comes with Java SDK, which might be a plus for you. In the end it all depends on your personal preference. Oh and NetBeans is developed by the same company as Java itself is, just fyi.
    We used NetBeans in my Java classes, it works pretty well and I didn't have any real problems while using it. I have downloaded Eclipse to try out but have barely opened it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by ssksalvation View Post
    We used NetBeans in my Java classes, it works pretty well and I didn't have any real problems while using it. I have downloaded Eclipse to try out but have barely opened it.
    My main problem with NetBeans is the sheer lack of support Eclipse is updated so often and the userbase is so huge that there's so much support and 3rd party extensions to make it just how I like

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ssksalvation View Post
    My main problem with NetBeans is the sheer lack of support Eclipse is updated so often and the userbase is so huge that there's so much support and 3rd party extensions to make it just how I like

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Use Eclipse IDE Its harder at first but after you play with the other IDE's u'll be like yaa Eclipse is way better. Eclipse also works for PHP too!!