Thanks

Auto Server Restarter if Server crashes OR SMS text to owner?

Hey im wondering how to make an auto server restarter if the server crashes. So if it detects its crashed then it automatically closes the crashed server and opens a new one.

If that's impossible I'm wondering how to check if server crashes and sends SMS text to my phone to notify me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by NigrKiller View Post
    Hey im wondering how to make an auto server restarter if the server crashes. So if it detects its crashed then it automatically closes the crashed server and opens a new one.

If that's impossible I'm wondering how to check if server crashes and sends SMS text to my phone to notify me
    Spin and check windows/unix/mac/whatever process list every 5 seconds>if list does not contain server process> send sms using Twilio

Not a plug for twilio but ive used them in the past they have a great API for sending sms stuff and you can get a free key with something like 100 or 1000 daily texts here

edit:
    Alternatively you can use JavaMail or some other library to send an email... or both... i mean honestly i could probably whip this program up in 5 min if you wanted lol. Just a text box to input the server process name and something for your API key/email that just spins a background thread looking for the process
    Last edited by ruusey; 01-02-2017 at 06:45 PM.
    One day... machines will rule the world.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruusey View Post
    [FONT="Lucida Console"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="2"][B]
    This is for a server owner so maybe he will be able to know when server is off. If you made this program he'd just have to do that and it would text him when server crashed? would it be able to detect a crash I havent even gottena rotmg pserver up so not too skilled in this area lol

But yeah if thats what it does and u could wirte up a program for it open source that would be great and ill send to my friend

On a sidenote I am getting Server socket #2048 error when trying to run server im trying to make
    Im trying to set it up on localhost and theres Avast and McAfee tasks open in the taskbar would that be causing it? My firewall is off and not sure what else would cause problem. Trying to use FSOD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    This is for a server owner so maybe he will be able to know when server is off. If you made this program he'd just have to do that and it would text him when server crashed? would it be able to detect a crash I havent even gottena rotmg pserver up so not too skilled in this area lol

But yeah if thats what it does and u could wirte up a program for it open source that would be great and ill send to my friend

On a sidenote I am getting Server socket #2048 error when trying to run server im trying to make
    Im trying to set it up on localhost and theres Avast and McAfee tasks open in the taskbar would that be causing it? My firewall is off and not sure what else would cause problem. Trying to use FSOD
    yeah so talking about a server "crash" is referring to when an unhandled error is thrown during some part of server execution which defaults as the process ending so what i mentioned IS a way to do it. As a matter of fact i started working on this about 30 min ago and will post when im done for kicks and gigs because i have nothing better to do on a monday night

Thanks

yeah so talking about a server "crash" is referring to when an unhandled error is thrown during some part of server execution which defaults as the process ending so what i mentioned IS a way to do it. As a matter of fact i started working on this about 30 min ago and will post when im done for kicks and gigs because i have nothing better to do on a monday night
    Thanks bro you're a savage! :P
    Do you mind taking a look at my other help post if you have a chance? I just posted it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Thanks bro you're a savage! :P
    Do you mind taking a look at my other help post if you have a chance? I just posted it

Heres what i got, i didnt want to re sign up for Twilio to test that part but i just recycled code ive used in the past so ill assume it works #famouslastwords

Thanks
    [FONT="Lucida Console"]
    Damn looks good so this will send a text to his phone if he signs up to twilio? where do i download it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Damn looks good so this will send a text to his phone if he signs up to twilio? where do i download it
    Yeah but the twilio trial is limited in some form hence why i could not test my code before. But see my post in discussion i wanted to ask if anyone else would want to use it and if not (i understand its probably not very useful to many people) then i would just send it over skype if you would trust me.

Thanks

Yeah but the twilio trial is limited in some form hence why i could not test my code before. But see my post in discussion i wanted to ask if anyone else would want to use it and if not (i understand its probably not very useful to many people) then i would just send it over skype if you would trust me.
    Just make a post people will definitely use it. With all the crashing pservers im sure you will get many thanks, me included