Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

ATTENTION ALL REFUNDERS READ THIS ARTICLE FROM FROM YAHOO ABOUT REFUNDING

ehhh skip through most of it to the very near end of this article. What does this mean guys? Do we have to slow down on refunding? Seems like companies everywhere are cracking down more and more each day. this may be a sign that refunding is coming to its near end. BE CAREFUL ALL REFUNDERS

https://www.yahoo.com/style/2-billio...180331477.html

Nordstrom’s customer service is the stuff of legend. The Seattle-based retailer consistently ranks as shoppers’ No. 1 choice of department and discount stores for customer satisfaction, even as other stores struggle.

Part of the reason shoppers are so loyal to Nordstrom is the company’s liberal return policy. It’s so great that customers often brag about the kinds of returns they can get away with at Nordstrom.

At Nordstrom, I once accepted a return from 9/10 years prior lol. They take everythinggggg back. https://*****/q4kSa9D1JC

— Trang D. Nguyen (@TrangDNguyen) January 4, 2017

Love Nordstrom. They let me return a dress I wore, washed, and shrunk that I bought in March. ????????

— Dare (@_delpinooo) January 24, 2017

I just witnessed a @Nordstrom employee look up 4 items without tags from 2 years ago to make a return for $108.08. This is why I shop here.

— Lauryn Ash (@laurynashling) January 18, 2017

There are virtually no limits on when you can return, how much you can return, and to where. Per the company’s website, “We handle returns on a case-by-case basis with the ultimate objective of making our customers happy … If we choose to provide a refund and no record of sale is available, a return is provided at current price on a Nordstrom Gift Card.”

But there’s a catch — Nordstrom, acknowledging its liberal return policy, maintains an “internal auditing” log that lets the store keep track of who’s buying and returning what, when, and how frequently. That’s why Nordstrom asks for an ID when you request a refund.

The company’s return policy is evolving as consumers find new ways to abuse it. Special occasion dresses, for example, now have tags stating that if the tag is removed, the dress can’t be returned. That’s because customers were complaining that their special occasion dresses had already been worn when they purchased them, an observation that matched Nordstrom’s own tracking, Nordstrom spokesperson Emily Sterken told Yahoo Style in an email.

And you used to be able to ask for cash refunds on returned purchases; now, a credit is applied to either the original form of payment or a Nordstrom gift card, a change that was made recently.

“Occasionally there have been situations where we have felt a customer wasn’t being fair with us, like when their returns to Nordstrom were greater than their purchases with us or when we have no record of ever having sold the item being returned,” Sterken said.

Nordstrom is finally cracking down on shoppers who take advantage of the company’s leniency by banning them from making purchases online and in stores. Of serial returners, Sterken said: “In cases like this, or other types of situations where we suspect unfair or dishonest activity, we’ll follow up with the customer directly and may ultimately make the decision to stop serving them in our stores and online.”
    Man walking with shopping bag.
    Photo: Getty Images

The problem isn’t exclusive to Nordstrom, but its return policy makes the company an easy target for scammers. The National Retail Federation (NRF), an industry trade group, found that every retailer ******ed said it was a victim of organized retail crime in the last year.

Return fraud is rampant in January, since customers try to return holiday gifts without any indication they were actually purchased at a given store. A separate NRF report found that 3.5 percent — over $2 billion — of holiday returns are fraudulent. (Nordstrom declined to comment on how many returns the company handles as a percentage of sales in January, but says it’s a topic that will be discussed during the company’s earnings call in February.)

The damage that one malevolent shopper can do to a store’s bottom line can be massive. There is the viral story of the woman who returned 226 “designer” bags — that were actually fakes — to various department stores in a year period, and made more than $400,000 off the scam.

And at Nordstrom, scammers have used online shopping and identity theft to steal. In 2012, two brothers pled guilty to wire fraud after falsely claiming refunds for “undelivered” merchandise, ultimately draining Nordstrom of $1.4 million.

More recently, a California woman was arrested after police suspected her of using other people’s Nordstrom account information to buy items and return them for cash at the store. Police estimate she made off with $24,000 in merchandise.

As Nordstrom resists the trend dragging mall anchor stores into the abyss, cracking down on return fraud is one way the company can cut its losses. Here’s to hoping that bad seed shoppers don’t ruin Nordstrom’s generous return policy for the rest of us.

Alexandra Mondalek is a writer for Yahoo Style. Follow her on Twitter @amondalek

Thanks
    Move on, new company new luck

Thanks
    It will never die, people still acting like this is something new. People need to make their own methods and stop using the ole "Never arrived" method.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    It's not only about the patching, but also about the fact that law enforcement ain't sleeping in some cases

Thanks
    Only people who get caught are crazy greedy or stupid.

$1.4 million dollars stolen from one company? Really? At what point do you say, "hmm, maybe we've made enough money"?

And then the lady, using stolen accounts and then returning items IN STORE full of cameras recording her face. Come on!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh0489 View Post
    Only people who get caught are crazy greedy or stupid.

$1.4 million dollars stolen from one company? Really? At what point do you say, "hmm, maybe we've made enough money"?

And then the lady, using stolen accounts and then returning items IN STORE full of cameras recording her face. Come on!
    Some people are just asking for it

Thanks
    yeah, this aint about refunders...
    If you do it 1-2 times to your adress, no one give a f.

refunders use vpn/socks5 so no worries

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntoxic123 View Post
    yeah, this aint about refunders...
    If you do it 1-2 times to your adress, no one give a f.

refunders use vpn/socks5 so no worries
    Yea but they busted 2 refunders on this site already (word of mouth) and the fuzz(police) won't come after the people buying stuff to have it refunded they'll come after the refunders themselves first!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by khalil13 View Post
    Yea but they busted 2 refunders on this site already (word of mouth) and the fuzz(police) won't come after the people buying stuff to have it refunded they'll come after the refunders themselves first!
    the police did't went after until they started the fatwallet scam and they took it up to 1.4 mill they were asking for it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    @Wyo you will get arrested, /close your thread asap

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by khalil13 View Post
    No they busted 10 people xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyo View Post

No they busted 10 people xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Well shit like that makes it any better haha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    @Wyo whats your take? @DTKon a serious one..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by daemonte5 View Post
    @Wyo whats your take? @DTKon a serious one..
    I want to know what everyone else thinks

Thanks
    They will eventually get harder to do but they won't crack down or take legal action against people who refund items worth less than $1k, not worth the legal hassle.

However, they will be interested in taking down the people providing these refunding services since they're facilitating thousands of dollars worth of refunds per day and that eventually adds up.

For example @Wyo and @Fujiyama are some of the biggest refunders on this website and roughly going through their threads they've easily gotten people over $500k+ in refunds.

As long as they stay cautious and no one gets too greedy, refunding and SE'ing will never die. Only harder to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast