Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Riigged View Post
    lol they really aren't losing any money, if they were they would put a stop to it. if they are going to shut the game down for a day to work on patching a dupe, i am sure they would do the same to patch something that it causing them to lose money.

now unless you are decas accountant, i dont want to hear no more "yes they are losing money!!!!"
    are you messing with him or what? maybe there is an issue with the definition of losing money. it is probably better here to say losing potential profits, to help you understand @toddddd 's argument. when people sell gold accounts, that removes a potential customer from deca, causing them to lose on money they would have made.
    BTW: deca might not know the method, so shutting down the payments would cause them to lose even more money.
    Last edited by bluuman; 03-18-2017 at 10:21 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluuman For This Useful Post:

Plus22 (03-20-2017),toddddd (03-18-2017),Transfixed v2 (03-19-2017)

Thanks
    lol they really aren't losing any money, if they were they would put a stop to it. if they are going to shut the game down for a day to work on patching a dupe, i am sure they would do the same to patch something that it causing them to lose money.

now unless you are decas accountant, i dont want to hear no more "yes they are losing money!!!!"
    Jesus fucking christ kid. Your lack of understanding of things blows me away.

Like i said in the first post i made in this thread.... If there was a gold exploit, deca would catch on to it very fast and put a stop to it. BECAUSE THAT IS MONEY THEY ARE LOSING. I dont know what type of business understand you have, but most businesses dont continue to use a service that hemorrhages money from them....

As i originally stated, stolen cards makes the most sense. You cant stop stolen cards. Theres nothing to patch when it comes to stolen cards. All you can do is accept the card, verify the payment, if it comes up stolen when it runs then decline the payment. Otherwise theres is nothing to fix. When it gets flagged as stolen down the line, or a chargeback occurs, then you can go in and ban the account that used that card as well as blacklist that card from future payments. But with a stolen card method there is nothing they can do to prevent it. That is why, after years of this happening and failing to stop it, stolen cards makes the most sense. They are losing money when someone uses a stolen card and then it gets chargedback by the credit card company, but they cant do anything to prevent it from happening.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuman View Post
    are you messing with him or what? maybe there is an issue with the definition of losing money. it is probably better here to say losing potential profits, to help you understand @toddddd 's argument. when people sell gold accounts, that removes a potential customer from deca, causing them to lose on money they would have made.
    BTW: deca might not know the method, so shutting down the payments would cause them to lose even more money.
    Yes he is either messing with me, or he has no concept/understanding of money and sales. Im honestly just in shock and disbelief over here that he cant understand these basic concepts.
    Last edited by toddddd; 03-18-2017 at 10:23 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toddddd For This Useful Post:

Transfixed v2 (03-19-2017)

Threadstarter
    "1v1 rust qs only kid"
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuman View Post
    thats what ive been saying this whole time lmao losing a chance at making money is not losing actual money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toddddd View Post
    Jesus fucking christ kid. Your lack of understanding of things blows me away.

Like i said in the first post i made in this thread.... If there was a gold exploit, deca would catch on to it very fast and put a stop to it. BECAUSE THAT IS MONEY THEY ARE LOSING. I dont know what type of business understand you have, but most businesses dont continue to use a service that hemorrhages money from them....

As i originally stated, stolen cards makes the most sense. You cant stop stolen cards. Theres nothing to patch when it comes to stolen cards. All you can do is accept the card, verify the payment, if it comes up stolen when it runs then decline the payment. Otherwise theres is nothing to fix. When it gets flagged as stolen down the line, or a chargeback occurs, then you can go in and ban the account that used that card as well as blacklist that card from future payments. But with a stolen card method there is nothing they can do to prevent it. That is why, after years of this happening and failing to stop it, stolen cards makes the most sense. They are losing money when someone uses a stolen card and then it gets chargedback by the credit card company, but they cant do anything to prevent it from happening.

edit:

Yes he is either messing with me, or he has no concept/understanding of money and sales. Im honestly just in shock and disbelief over here that he cant understand these basic concepts.
    dude, youre the one who thinks in-game currency purchases are worth money irl, its just the games way of supporting themselves.
    like i said above, losing a chance at making money is not losing actual money.
    do you not know the definition of losing?
    when i say they are not losing money, i meant no money is being deducted/stolen. gold is being stolen, logically, but gold is not money/worth rl money so that doesnt count.

i understand money a lot, i get plenty of it in real life, i dont huddle up in a pitch black room spending my days and nights online (not saying you do either), i work in real life, i get checks, i cash those checks, i spend those checks, if i got jumped and someone stole my check, i am losing money, if someone gave me a lotto ticket for free and it was a 50/50 chance of winning, and i lost, i did not lose money, i lost the chance at earning money, there is a difference.

i dont like blocks of text which is what you are sending, therefore, i am not reading 90% of what you are telling me, if you havent realized, most of my responses are the same. i dont have time for this.

Thanks
    thats what ive been saying this whole time lmao losing a chance at making money is not losing actual money.

- - - Updated - - -

dude, youre the one who thinks in-game currency purchases are worth money irl, its just the games way of supporting themselves.
    like i said above, losing a chance at making money is not losing actual money.
    do you not know the definition of losing?
    when i say they are not losing money, i meant no money is being deducted/stolen. gold is being stolen, logically, but gold is not money/worth rl money so that doesnt count.

i understand money a lot, i get plenty of it in real life, i dont huddle up in a pitch black room spending my days and nights online (not saying you do either), i work in real life, i get checks, i cash those checks, i spend those checks, if i got jumped and someone stole my check, i am losing money, if someone gave me a lotto ticket for free and it was a 50/50 chance of winning, and i lost, i did not lose money, i lost the chance at earning money, there is a difference.

i dont like blocks of text which is what you are sending, therefore, i am not reading 90% of what you are telling me, if you havent realized, most of my responses are the same. i dont have time for this.

Here ill keep this one short for you.

LOSING PROFITS IS THE SAME AS LOSING MONEY. GOLD ACCOUNTS CAUSE DECA TO LOSE MONEY. I 200% DOUBT THERE IS AN EXPLOIT WITH XSOLLA, OTHERWISE DECA COULD SUE FOR LOST PROFITS (WHICH IS THE SAME AS LOSING MONEY).

Alright im done trying to explain things to an autistic 10 year old. Ill wait until proof comes out in relation to this whole thing.

edit: @059 here is the old post i was talking about: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1095281

In that post from a year ago they were using fake card numbers. Not quite the same thing as a stolen credit card, but its trying to pass off a fake card number as valid. Similar idea but different of course.
    Last edited by toddddd; 03-18-2017 at 10:40 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to toddddd For This Useful Post:

Threadstarter
    "1v1 rust qs only kid"
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Here ill keep this one short for you.

LOSING PROFITS IS THE SAME AS LOSING MONEY. GOLD ACCOUNTS CAUSE DECA TO LOSE MONEY. I 200% DOUBT THERE IS AN EXPLOIT WITH XSOLLA, OTHERWISE DECA COULD SUE FOR LOST PROFITS (WHICH IS THE SAME AS LOSING MONEY).

Alright im done trying to explain things to an autistic 10 year old. Ill wait until proof comes out in relation to this whole thing.

edit: @059 here is the old post i was talking about: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1095281

In that post from a year ago they were using fake card numbers. Not quite the same thing as a stolen credit card, but its trying to pass off a fake card number as valid. Similar idea but different of course.
    think about gold like something you make/get for free irl (go outside and get like a bunch of twigs or something), and i run a shop, i sell twigs (pls buy some twigs bro), i sell 16 thousand twigs for $100 (woah, twig boss ova here), but someone handed me $5 instead and they ran away with my 16k twigs, (but the thing is, i dont give 2 fucking shits because i have unlimited fucking twigs in the world and hey, i got $5 at least considering i get these twigs for free, but the money i get from selling twigs is how i pay rent, by this i am referring to the money they get from gold goes to hosting their game and im assuming paying their staff and whatnot idk), i did not lose money, as i have unlimited twigs, i will still continue to get customers who pay full price for their twigs in the future (while i work on some security in the meantime to make sure nobody steals my darn twigs, by this i am referring to deca attempting to patch the exploit), there is a slight chance that people will turn on me and start massively stealing my twigs and i wont be pulling in enough money to pay my rent, but i did not and wont lose a single dime because the things i was selling, i got for free. yes i lost the opportunity to get $100 for 16k twigs, but i did not physically lose any money.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Riigged For This Useful Post:

tienisch (03-19-2017)

Thanks
    think about gold like something you make/get for free irl (go outside and get like a bunch of twigs or something), and i run a shop, i sell twigs (pls buy some twigs bro), i sell 16 thousand twigs for $100 (woah, twig boss ova here), but someone handed me $5 instead and they ran away with my 16k twigs, (but the thing is, i dont give 2 fucking shits because i have unlimited fucking twigs in the world and hey, i got $5 at least considering i get these twigs for free, but the money i get from selling twigs is how i pay rent, by this i am referring to the money they get from gold goes to hosting their game and im assuming paying their staff and whatnot idk), i did not lose money, as i have unlimited twigs, i will still continue to get customers who pay full price for their twigs in the future (while i work on some security in the meantime to make sure nobody steals my darn twigs, by this i am referring to deca attempting to patch the exploit), there is a slight chance that people will turn on me and start massively stealing my twigs and i wont be pulling in enough money to pay my rent, but i did not and wont lose a single dime because the things i was selling, i got for free. yes i lost the opportunity to get $100 for 16k twigs, but i did not physically lose any money.

i dont like blocks of text which is what you are sending, therefore, i am not reading 90% of what you are telling me

From what i skimmed over, you still have 0 idea what you are talking about. So as i said, i am done explaining it. Maybe you can re-read over what i have posted a few times and then it will finally click. Wow.

Threadstarter
    "1v1 rust qs only kid"
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

From what i skimmed over, you still have 0 idea what you are talking about. So as i said, i am done explaining it. Maybe you can re-read over what i have posted a few times and then it will finally click. Wow.
    my twig scenario finally got to you i guess. just admit it. they are losing the chance of getting the full amount of money they are charging for 16k gold, but they arent actually losing any money. they wouldnt even be losing money if there was an exploit that gave gold for free, they would be losing money if there was an exploit that charged them for giving you gold, though. now do you see where im getting at? i think were seeing on a different level of what "losing" means.

gold is free for deca, they charge people because they want to keep their game hosted online. yes, they are losing chance at making profit, but that is not losing actual money.
    Last edited by Riigged; 03-18-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks
    my twig scenario finally got to you i guess. just admit it. they are losing the chance of getting the full amount of money they are charging for 16k gold, but they arent actually losing any money. they wouldnt even be losing money if there was an exploit that gave gold for free, they would be losing money if there was an exploit that charged them for giving you gold, though. now do you see where im getting at? i think were seeing on a different level of what "losing" means.
    Your scenario made absolutely no sense. No "guess" here about it.

Threadstarter
    "1v1 rust qs only kid"
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Your scenario made absolutely no sense. No "guess" here about it.
    my scenario was perfect, what do you mean!

deca gets gold for free (cuz its their game, dur dur dur), they distribute it to the players for money this way they can simply keep their game up.

NOW, its a different story if they were paying for the gold and redistributing it at a higher price than they payed for in order to make their money back+more (that is how stores in real life work, they get shipments from companies for good price, and they sell for their own price to make their money back+more), but thats not the case

edit: anyways, like ive been saying, we are looking at it from 2 different angles. you are talking about them losing chance at making money, i am talking about them physically losing money.
    Last edited by Riigged; 03-18-2017 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks
    my scenario was perfect, what do you mean!

deca gets gold for free (cuz its their game, dur dur dur), they distribute it to the players for money this way they can simply keep their game up.

NOW, its a different story if they were PAYING FOR THE GOLD AND THEY WERE REDISTRIBUTING IT FOR A HIGHER PRICE THIS WAY THEY GET PROFIT (that is how stores in real life work, if u did not know! they get shipments from companies for good price, and they sell for their own price to make their money back+more!), but thats not the case mr. todd, now is it?

God you are actually going to make me read your retarded scenario. Ok here it goes:

> think about gold like something you make/get for free irl
    Okay

> (go outside and get like a bunch of twigs or something)
    Okay

> and i run a shop, i sell twigs (pls buy some twigs bro),
    Okay

>i sell 16 thousand twigs for $100 (woah, twig boss ova here),
    Okay, so 16000 twigs = $100 for you. Gotcha.

>but someone handed me $5 instead and they ran away with my 16k twigs
    Wow, you lost $95

>(but the thing is, i dont give 2 fucking shits because i have unlimited fucking twigs in the world and hey, i got $5 at least considering i get these twigs for free

See this is where i stopped reading. Because that right there is where you are wrong. Each twig is worth the amount of time you put into collecting it. It might of been free to collect, but you didnt go outside instantly have 16000 twigs in your possession. You had to go out and collect them.

Assuming you wanted to make atleast minimum wage off your twig sales then that means you spent 11 hours ($100/$8.50) to collect those 16000 twigs. Just because the twigs were free does not mean the labor to sell the twigs was. When someone pays you $5 for those 16000 twigs you went from making $8.50 an hour down to about $0.50 an hour.

See how that works? Do you only understand concepts in simple preschool terms like twigs and apples? The gold doesnt cost deca anything to make, but they are still a representation of a real world value. Deca set a price on the gold that they feel is reasonable enough to make a certain amount of money (thats what you call revenue/profit).

Lets go back to your twigs though. Now, lets assume that person A that paid you $5 for the 16000 twigs instead of the $100 turns around and sells those 16000 twigs to person B. Person B now doesnt show up to your shop to buy twigs from you because he already got his twigs from person A. You just lost a sale because person A sold to person B. That would be lost twig sales, lost profit, lost money. You could of sold twigs to person B but since he got his twigs from person A who ripped you off, you now made less money. In turn you will now have to collect more twigs and probably sell them for more money in order to recoup losses.

Did this twig scenario help you at all? Should we do apples or watermelons next?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to toddddd For This Useful Post:

brennanfull (03-19-2017)

Threadstarter
    "1v1 rust qs only kid"
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    God you are actually going to make me read your retarded scenario. Ok here it goes:

> think about gold like something you make/get for free irl
    Okay

> (go outside and get like a bunch of twigs or something)
    Okay

> and i run a shop, i sell twigs (pls buy some twigs bro),
    Okay

>i sell 16 thousand twigs for $100 (woah, twig boss ova here),
    Okay, so 16000 twigs = $100 for you. Gotcha.

>but someone handed me $5 instead and they ran away with my 16k twigs
    Wow, you lost $95

>(but the thing is, i dont give 2 fucking shits because i have unlimited fucking twigs in the world and hey, i got $5 at least considering i get these twigs for free

See this is where i stopped reading. Because that right there is where you are wrong. Each twig is worth the amount of time you put into collecting it. It might of been free to collect, but you didnt go outside instantly have 16000 twigs in your possession. You had to go out and collect them.

Assuming you wanted to make atleast minimum wage off your twig sales then that means you spent 11 hours ($100/$8.50) to collect those 16000 twigs. Just because the twigs were free does not mean the labor to sell the twigs was. When someone pays you $5 for those 16000 twigs you went from making $8.50 an hour down to about $0.50 an hour.

See how that works? Do you only understand concepts in simple preschool terms like twigs and apples? The gold doesnt cost deca anything to make, but they are still a representation of a real world value. Deca set a price on the gold that they feel is reasonable enough to make a certain amount of money (thats what you call revenue/profit).

Lets go back to your twigs though. Now, lets assume that person A that paid you $5 for the 16000 twigs instead of the $100 turns around and sells those 16000 twigs to person B. Person B now doesnt show up to your shop to buy twigs from you because he already got his twigs from person A. You just lost a sale because person A sold to person B. That would be lost twig sales, lost profit, lost money. You could of sold twigs to person B but since he got his twigs from person A who ripped you off, you now made less money. In turn you will now have to collect more twigs and probably sell them for more money in order to recoup losses.

Did this twig scenario help you at all? Should we do apples or watermelons next?
    you are going pretty hardcore to prove me wrong
    i did not lose $95, the twigs were free, i just really wish i got that $95 because it really would have helped pay my rent this month or yknow keep my game online!
    dont be one of those people that say time is money lmao those are the people that grow up to be bums because they spent too much time overthinking
    also the twigs are representing gold lmao, gold is given in a millisecond for deca considering they own the game and can generate gold whenever they want

its 1:20am i am trying to masturbate to some deep web porn so can u hold off on ur next thought for a few??
    jk feel free 2 comment whatever/whenever u want, i love the hype, this is reason i even come on mpgh anymore

i think its safe to say were trying to prove 2 separate points.
    Last edited by Riigged; 03-18-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Thanks
    you are going pretty hardcore to prove me wrong
    i did not lose $95, the twigs were free, i just really wish i got that $95 because it really would have helped pay my rent this month or yknow keep my game online!
    dont be one of those people that say time is money lmao those are the people that grow up to be bums because they spent too much time overthinking
    also the twigs are representing gold lmao, gold is given in a millisecond for deca considering they own the game and can generate gold whenever they want

its 1:20am i am trying to masturbate to some deep web porn so can u hold off on ur next thought for a few??
    jk feel free 2 comment whatever/whenever u want, i love the hype, this is reason i even come on mpgh anymore

i think its safe to say were trying to prove 2 separate points.
    You are the one who took the time to write out a twig scenario and you are talking to me about going hard? Atleast i have logic on my side, you are just grabbing at straws and...well, twigs.

Time is money. You can choose to believe that or not, but the fact remain its true. Thats why jobs pay in "hourly wages".

And since you didnt actually refute the logic i used to tear your little twig story apart, ill simply restate again: deca loses money, they lose out on potential profit (that's considered a loss of money, what you dont seem to understand), when someone exploits a method for gold.
    Last edited by toddddd; 03-18-2017 at 11:29 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to toddddd For This Useful Post:

Threadstarter
    "1v1 rust qs only kid"
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    deca loses money, they lose out on potential profit (thats considered a loss of money what you dont seem to understand), when someone exploits a method for gold.
    stop it right there mister that is losing out on potential profit, not losing na money man

+writing twig scenarios is what i do for a living, i get paid for it.

Thanks
    stop it right there mister that is losing out on potential profit, not losing na money man
    Yes it is. It 100% is. A loss of revenue/profit is 100% the same thing as a loss of money. I already explained how in your twig example. Do we need to break out the twigs again for you?

Threadstarter
    "1v1 rust qs only kid"
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Yes it is. It 100% is. A loss of revenue/profit is 100% the same thing as a loss of money. I already explained how in your twig example. Do we need to break out the twigs again for you?
    is that a threat or a challenge?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast