Thanks

[FSOD] How to Add New Weapon SFX?

I'm trying to add a new weapon with a completely new sound effect. The weapon is working just fine, but it doesn't play the sound when it fires.

Thanks
    This is no huge breakthrough, but I found I can use any existing mp3 from server/sfx as a sound (except for the one I tried making). I tried modifying these existing sounds, and replacing them in the folder and the server.sln. However, this doesn't change the sound. What am I missing?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by [b]ong View Post
    This is no huge breakthrough, but I found I can use any existing mp3 from server/sfx as a sound (except for the one I tried making). I tried modifying these existing sounds, and replacing them in the folder and the server.sln. However, this doesn't change the sound. What am I missing?
    XML is client sided as well

Thanks
    Not quite sure if this is what you meant, but I did add the dat1 XML into the client before. Do I need to replace/add any other files in the client?

Thanks
    Update: This isn't a priority of mine anymore, but I would still like to know if it is possible.

Currently, I have my custom sound effect in both bin>Debug>sfx and server>sfx.
    When I fire the weapon, a message in my server console comes up, saying something along this format: ''Request "sfx/customsound.mp3" from (My IPv4)''. Here, the sound effect does not play.
    Contrast this to when I go to fire, for example, a Wand of Recompense, a message with that same format will come up (of course with the magicShoot mp3 instead of my custom file), and the magicShoot sound will play.
    In Visual Studio, I've ensured the files have the same Properties.

atm, I'm just curious if adding a custom sound is possible in the base FSOD source, or if it requires the AS3 client. Thanks in advance.