Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Angry OFICCIAL BAN REASON

This evening, all players that were banned were a part of two lists. One list contained players that were taking advantage of a method that can be used to hack the rate at which Renown is gained in Situations, up to the 50,000 Renown daily limit. This first group makes up the majority of the players banned this evening. The second group consists of those who participated in a scam to purchase Renown from a third party through the use of a different hack. This group consists of approximately 100 players. There appear to be some players that have been victimized by this second hack, and we are in the process of reverting these 100 bans pending further investigation.
    Both of these methods of Renown acquisition violate the following section of the Code of Conduct, found here.
    Any attempt to edit, corrupt or change game or server code is strictly prohibited. Any such behavior will result in the immediate cancellation of the account, and may even give rise to personal liability and/or penal penalties.
    We have identified those that took part in this, and they have been banned in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
    A variety of methods for how to deal with the issue were discussed by the team, and removing Renown gains from any game mode that is not hosted on a dedicated server was the solution that has the smallest impact on your Renown gain. To be clear, this will only impact Lone Wolf and Situations. Renown gains will be removed in a future patch, but we do not currently have an ETA.
    You will notice that Terrorist Hunt was not included in the game modes that are not hosted on dedicated servers. We are excited to announce that, as part of our ongoing effort to improve your Rainbow Six experience, we will be moving Terrorist Hunt and Custom matches to dedicated servers. We will have more information available at a later date in a TTS update blog.
    Source: r6 reddit

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mbzed For This Useful Post:

king9872 (07-17-2017)

Thanks
    I'm wondering how their detection works. Maybe if we farm at a lesser rate and use a different situation it might work?

Battleye is disabled during farming sessions which makes me feel that it's a variable, like how much renown, or something that detects a max renown per round?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by king9872 View Post
    I'm wondering how their detection works. Maybe if we farm at a lesser rate and use a different situation it might work?

Battleye is disabled during farming sessions which makes me feel that it's a variable, like how much renown, or something that detects a max renown per round?
    If you read, it says they are moving Thunt and custom matches to dedicated servers, meaning you can't alter the game anymore by just disabling BEService and using Cheat Engine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andomort View Post
    If you read, it says they are moving Thunt and custom matches to dedicated servers, meaning you can't alter the game anymore by just disabling BEService and using Cheat Engine.
    Yeah, but if you read too, they aren't moving them to dedi servers till a later date, meaning you can still farm in the meantime if you know a way around their detection.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by king9872 View Post

That was my first thought when I saw the announcement.
    My best guess is that they scan for massive amounts of XP which would be virtually impossible to obtain simply playing the game. Otherwise, I can't see how it could be done. Maybe a combination of both XP and Renown gain in relation with time?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xenothlon For This Useful Post:

king9872 (07-18-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xenothlon View Post
    That was my first thought when I saw the announcement.
    My best guess is that they scan for massive amounts of XP which would be virtually impossible to obtain simply playing the game. Otherwise, I can't see how it could be done. Maybe a combination of both XP and Renown gain in relation with time?
    You are kidding right? There are MANY ways they can track this. Fairfight already has tracking in place, which is why I think MacieJay got nailed after he was banned, unbanned, banned again, unbanned again. His first ban was a BE ban, his second was a fairfight ban instantly after he logged in when Epi unbanned him. It is a simple database search on multiple variables and they compiled the list.

I warned about this months ago, even detailing a couple things they could do. People hemmed and hawed and did their own thing. They are banned, I am not. I just opened up 100 packs and still have over 300k renown. This is without farming. Just play the game, renown is pretty quick gains already.

Thanks
    Do they Bann only people which are farming actually at this moment or who did in the past too?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Staech View Post
    Do they Bann only people which are farming actually at this moment or who did in the past too?
    In the past too. Haven't been farming for a month, i've been banned.

Thanks
    banned for 15 days just using farm

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by mamadasus View Post
    banned for 15 days just using farm
    Banned for 15 days? What?

Thanks
    Really big ban wave, I counted atleast 50 now

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    3000 people banned until now

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by yongsik111 View Post
    3000 people banned until now
    Is there any list with banned players?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brunovleao View Post
    Is there any list with banned players?
    No there isn't. Personally, I would love a public shaming list, but they have not implemented one as of yet. Even if it means I see my own on there.

Thanks
    It's well into the thousands and it is continuous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast