Thanks

K-Relay Raw Chat Input

Hello,
    So I am still trying to download youtube captions. This time I have run into the issue that K-Relay does not keep all syntax of a URL intact when passing it into the args string. When I, the player, type in a URL K-Relay will return a URL that is missing backslashes (easy enough to fix I think) and is also all in lowercase (the larger issue).
    Input like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCZ-cxfxzvk
    Becomes this:
    https:www.youtube.comwatch?v=lcz-cxfxzvk

Does anyone know how to get the raw input from K-Relay?
    Thanks

Temporary solution is to use a windows form to get the url
    Annnnnddd before I could test K-Relay doesnt want to work again...
    Last edited by epicpawn; 08-17-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks
    bumping cause no responses. For what reason would KRelay turn arguments into all lowercase and remove backslashes (/)? And is there any way to get around this?
    Thanks

Also like what the fuck is wrong with KRelay. It'll stop working for an hour or something and then will suddenly work again. I don't get it... just a little annoying when I'm trying to test this thing. Oh well... I'm just salty...
    Last edited by epicpawn; 08-17-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by epicpawn View Post
    bumping cause no responses. For what reason would KRelay turn arguments into all lowercase and remove backslashes (/)? And is there any way to get around this?
    Thanks

Also like what the fuck is wrong with KRelay. It'll stop working for an hour or something and then will suddenly work again. I don't get it... just a little annoying when I'm trying to test this thing. Oh well... I'm just salty...
    For the krelay part they probably hit the char list end endpoint which times out after some number of attempts the server blocks your ip from making any more requests.

For the first question: That's also how krelay operates when playertext packets are received. Mine does a simalar thing in autoparsing the command. Maybe add placeholders to the URL for backslashes then add the slashes in. My player text parsing goes like this

Player text received. Get the raw text. Remove all slashes and split the string on spaces. The first string become the command and the rest becomes the Args. You then invoke and handle from there.
    Last edited by ruusey; 08-18-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks
    I don't think that the backslashes are a problem as they are relatively predictable. However, how would I parse the text that the player entered if I cannot use the args string. Currently, the path I was going to take for this was to prompt for the URL in a windows form or something.
    Thanks @ruusey