=D

0 - 100 Choob
    100 - 200 Decent
    200 - 300 Ok
    300 - 400 Can Code
    400 - 500 Good coder
    500+ - True Coder

Dont worry, this shouldn't be too hard xD
    There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." - Sima Yi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Damn.... *anxiety...*
    ~
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

Thanks
    Dun worry scores will be not be shared except for the winner or unless you want me to
    There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." - Sima Yi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Idk if it will be fair for me to join. I mean though Im new to C++, Im not really new to programming. 2 years of Java classes may be a bit of an advantage... =/

However if David or HD Joins I'll join. When does the contest begin. Who knows perhaps maybe we can start doing little competitions, for prizes like VIP. Hmmm... I'll think about this.

I've got other stuff to do, but too, but this only takes about 5 seconds, so wth... count me in.

@HD: I think that's cheating. =P

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    The contest starts right about.....NOW. David's joining in a little later but come join! IDK if there's a prize but I don't have anything o.o

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun333 View Post
    IDK if there's a prize but I don't have anything o.o
    Yeh ofcourse, I was just thinking perhaps in the future we could do something like that, like the hacking sections sometimes have competitions for VIP...

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Idk if it will be fair for me to join. I mean though Im new to C++, Im not really new to programming. 2 years of Java classes may be a bit of an advantage... =/

However if David or HD Joins I'll join. When does the contest begin. Who knows perhaps maybe we can start doing little competitions, for prizes like VIP. Hmmm... I'll think about this.

I've got other stuff to do, but too, but this only takes about 5 seconds, so wth... count me in.

@HD: I think that's cheating. =P
    Nope, I already submitted mine btw, so hurry up why! You're behind on schedule :P

*/me hopes his email gets published here ;P*

Thanks
    Congratulations your final score is 70 =D.

That would be a good idea why06 it would encourage coders.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    he failed...
    ~
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18

Thanks
    hes currently first!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun333 View Post
    hes currently first!
    Not for long. Sending you mine now.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Not for long. Sending you mine now.
    Did you do number 5 ?
    I was thinking of a way to do it but it will take a long time for the program to complete the maze.

Try all the different combos and determine the best way.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealionone View Post
    Did you do number 5 ?
    I was thinking of a way to do it but it will take a long time for the program to complete the maze.

Try all the different combos and determine the best way.
    I only did number one. Im only planning on submitting one a day. Could rush, but I'm not doing this to win.

Hmmm.. though I haven't looked at the maze one yet. let me see if I can give you a hint. brb.

EDIT: Okay seems like you can shorten ur time significantly by only search for "."'s because those are the only open paths. the rest of the symbols do not matter. You will want to collect all the possible paths without gettin any redundancies. Then its just a matter of the algorithm you will use to filter the results:
    bubbles sort is slow for large numbers of things. Look up the quick sort. that or you can use a more clever approach since after all the shortest path is simply the path with the smallest length.
    Last edited by why06; 04-05-2010 at 09:02 PM.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    this sounds fun but i wouldn't be able to finish due to all the stuff that im doing now + school tomorrow

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Nice idea - let's see how Why does

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast