Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by ImThrowingMyLifeAway View Post
    Thinking about it logically [since it already breaks God's Law/Logic] animals such as predators kill other animals, which is why they're predators, they're literally MADE and "PROGRAMMED" to kill whatever they have to in order to survive another day or two. Humans created a society or evolved from cavemen rather, where they had to fight each other just to get their own property and livelihood. Do humans not have the same rights as any other creation, at least in this case animals? Humans by definition is a form of animal because of evolution theory, adam and eve is nice but I call bullshit on them just spawning as grown adults and just decided to smash.

I ain't religious but I wanted to shed my opinion on this specifically.
    I'm not sure which side you are on but, I'm pretty sure a dog can kill another dog for dumb reasons, therefore they should be sinned for that.
    Goal: Reached 1000+ Rep (YeY)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra View Post

I'm not sure which side you are on but, I'm pretty sure a dog can kill another dog for dumb reasons, therefore they should be sinned for that.
    Only question I see as of late is "Is God real based on animals not being treated like humans for sins" I said I'm not religious but I'm pointing towards no, they're not real literally because of how you're saying he/she/it is real, but allows animals to sin, BUT it's against God's law, why would they do that in the first place?
    Past Name(s):
    ImThrowingMyLifeAway

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    instead of making bait tier questions that can be easily debunked and answered by any religious ignoramus try taking the actual text and fallacies from God himself that can be used against his supposed powers. you're debating the existence of God at a middle-school level as if you've just now discovered this, congratulations, now build on that and form a coherent argument that breaks down any argument a creationist might make.

- Do other religions go to hell for not believing the true God?
    - Why is God a man and not a woman?
    - Why is God white and not asian or black?
    - Why does God look like a human?
    - Why does God only speak English?
    - How did God learn our language?
    - Why did God make us look like him?
    - Why didn't God help stop rape, murder, wars, etc?
    - If there was no religion, would God ever to be existed?
    the whole "if there was no religion" one is even more of an insult to atheist intelligence, i don't see why you'd even try using that as an argument. i could just as very well say he DOES exist without religion, and for your information, Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all worship the same God under several different languages, so there goes about three of your questions right out the window. You're targetting Christianity in specific using tropes that have been stereo typically developed over a period of time in modern society, when there's several religions that already worship the same exact God under different descriptions.
    Last edited by Hunter Jr.; 12-11-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    God is not real, to me at least.

Those that believe in God, Christians, would claim to have "seen" or "felt" God, but that is just inaccurate. The main claim that Christians make is that love, redemption, salvation, and hope can all be found in Jesus Christ, a man that has walked the Earth 2,000 years ago. Just how accurate can this get, though? We are talking about dates that go all the way back to when there was no photographical evidence of anything, nor written evidence that provided enough for us to believe. So how would Christians know? Just because it was written in the bible? Those that choose to read a book with "holy" text written within are just biased, as they are followers of Jesus Christ. I'm not bashing Christians or anything, there's just not enough evidence of Jesus Christ being real, nor of him walking the Earth. On the other hand, the reason why Christians claim that Jesus Christ is real is because he "is believed to". God reveals Himself everywhere, all the time. He does not just whisper but shows Himself clearly for all to see, in an infinite number of ways. Our primary job as Christians is not to prove God’s design of trees and other created things. Our goal is to point sinners back to the Creator who became the Savior. That's the purpose of a Christian, and what they plan to do in the future as well. So then who created God, anti-Christians may ask. You know, all entities come from somewhere. So where does this so-called "God" come from? By very definition, an eternal Being has always existed—nobody created Him. God is the Self-Existent One—the great “I Am” of the Bible. Discarding the Bible, what evidence is there to make claim for the Christian God's existence over any other religious god? When you presuppose that the Bible must be “proven,” any sort of evidence you see can be interpreted against the Bible. But Christians, who start with the presupposition that the Bible is true, can explain the evidence. I'm not Christian myself, so I cannot make any claims. In fact, being an atheist, I can see the perspective of other religious followers (such as Catholics) and realize that no religion has substantial evidence to claim that their master is real.

Alright, so let's lay down the facts here. Is God real?

Theists have always acknowledged an Intelligent Designer as being the source of all things. Atheists, on the other hand, believe there is no Supreme Being. Prior to the 20th century, the majority of atheists held the universe to be eternal, without need of a Creator. However, laws such as thermodynamics and discoveries such as galactic motion and proton decay have led scientific authorities to this absolute certainty -- the universe at some point began! The implications of these scientific observations have caused atheists to seek out a mechanism by which the universe could have created and developed itself via random chance, without any Intelligent Director. The need for such a mechanism is foundational for atheists, because if they're unable to identify such a mechanism, they must either acknowledge the necessity of a Creator God or simply accept the fact that they cling to an unreasonable worldview. Enter the Big Bang theory, the related Inflation Universe theories, and Darwin's theory of evolution. In 1859, Darwin purposed a mechanism by which evolutionary descent from a common ancestor may be possible without resorting to a Creator God. And so began the campaign to exclude God from science. The mechanism? Natural Selection. It has since been shown that Natural Selection is a conservative process, not a creative mechanism. Nevertheless, atheists cling enthusiastically to Neo-darwinian theory. In dramatic fashion, Evolution has become a "religion," where faith trumps empirical science. This is from the opinion of a biologist, chemist, and a fellow "human". But ask a Humanist, "Is God real?" and you will get a resounding "No!" What is a Humanist? A Humanist is one who adheres to the Humanist philosophy - really an atheistic "religion" built on 19th and 20th century foundations such as the Big Bang and Evolution. In 1933, the Humanists got together and put their doctrine on paper. The document was dubbed, "The Humanist Manifesto." The first plank of this 1st Manifesto states: "Religious humanists regard the universe as self-existing and not created." The second plank states: "Humanism believes that man is a part of nature and that he has emerged as a result of a continuous process."

So what I'm trying to get at here is it's really about opinion. Those who claim to have "evidence" that Jesus Christ exists, where is it? I don't see it, and neither does the rest of the world. Opinion is what makes religion possible, and is what keeps it going.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Jr. View Post
    You're debating the existence of God at a middle-school level as if you've just now discovered this, congratulations, now build on that and form a coherent argument that breaks down any argument a creationist might make.
    Middle-school level? The only middle-school level here is your perspective towards my opinion. It doesn't matter what kind of level of debate I conduct, it's only the opinion itself that matters. And this isn't something I've just recently "discovered" but rather something I experienced, and now conjecturing about it.

the whole "if there was no religion" one is even more of an insult to atheist intelligence, i don't see why you'd even try using that as an argument. I could just as very well say he DOES exist without religion
    Atheist intelligence? I don't know what your definition of atheist intelligence is but there are always new ways of arguing for atheists.

You can't say God would exist without religion because without religion there is nothing to believe. In a human perspective, if there was no religion, there would be no God, and even if there was, I guarantee you it wouldn't be some white man who is good and powerful.

for your information, Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all worship the same God under several different languages, so there goes about three of your questions right out the window.
    Who said they believed in the same God? They only believe in some kind of God with different descriptions, and that does not imply that it is the same God. Christians used that excuse to make their religion seem more like the true one than others. Furthermore, Muslims claim that Allah has no son. This represents a head-on collision between the God of the Bible and Allah. For, as the Bible makes clear, the one and only true God is most perfectly revealed as the Father of the Son, Jesus Christ.

You're targeting Christianity in specific using tropes that have been stereo typically developed over a period of time in modern society, when there's several religions that already worship the same exact God under different descriptions.
    Assuming much? I just pointed out the obvious by questioning it. The modern society does not alter my perspective whatsoever, I just simply think imaginatively using new ideas instead of traditional or expected ideas. And thinking about it too much makes me realized that there is almost no proof of God's existence. Science might as well prove it. Even if my perspective was manipulated by today's modern society, that wouldn't be a bad thing at all. Because today's modern society is a lot smarter than ancients who believed in God back then. Maybe not by intelligence, but by knowledge we are smarter.

In today's modern society, no one really knows if God really exists and that why do people really still believe in him. In fact, Christians are pushing really hard for others to become Christians as well, and to the point where they had to lie in God's name. Pretty ironic to me.

It doesn't matter how many religions there are, just because there is, doesn't mean there is an actual God.

And again, the only TRUE existence of God is a man's word.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I searched about these things and figured that actually dog believes in God.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    God is not real, to me at least.

Alright, so let's lay down the facts here. Is God real?

So what I'm trying to get at here is it's really about opinion. Those who claim to have "evidence" that Jesus Christ exists, where is it? I don't see it, and neither does the rest of the world. Opinion is what makes religion possible, and is what keeps it going.
    You have really good points, but I'm pretty sure there's ganna be a preacher on here who will "prove" you otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dukicaaa View Post
    I searched about these things and figured that actually dog believes in God.
    God spelled backwards is Dog. :O

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    You have really good points, but I'm pretty sure there's ganna be a preacher on here who will "prove" you otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

God spelled backwards is Dog. :O
    Highly doubt you can counter facts, so...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post

Highly doubt you can counter facts, so...
    Trump being president really proves that wrong.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Middle-school level? The only middle-school level here is your perspective towards my opinion.
    as expected, since i insulted your intelligence on a matter that takes no more than 30 minutes of googling to find actual theories and paradoxes that fit into how god aren't real, you personally attack me first sentence of your page-long reply that's probably not gonna be worth my time considering I'm (abrasively) telling you to do some more research.
    Atheist intelligence?
    in the sense that you're talking for atheists around the world, you are insulting every atheist's intelligence with this middle school tier argument that eventually every kid thinks of but certain parents will brainwash their kiddies into not thinking that way.
    Who said they believed in the same God?
    case and point as to why you have literally no idea what you're talking about
    https://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_...aetate_en.html

I just simply think imaginatively using new ideas instead of traditional or expected ideas
    these ideas are about the most expected ideas you can think of since 5th grade.

And again, the only TRUE existence of God is a man's word.
    yes, yet another 5th grade level argument that i've already heard about 3000000 times out of other atheist fedora tippers.

if you want to take off your fedora go ahead and do some real research instead of using the same common sense points that have been uttered for literally decades.

now to repeat myself: i am not telling you your argument is wrong, i am telling you it is not good. do more research and come back with something with a hell of a lot more substance. if it took more literally 30 seconds to think of how to disprove about three to four of your questions, then theists are going to pick it apart to shit, they've heard those same questions you've written about 300 times already.
    Last edited by Hunter Jr.; 12-14-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks
    I do not believe in a 'God'. Reason is that 'God' basically means 'perfect'. Perfect means it cannot improve anymore than it already is, that is impossible. Dont get me wrong, i believe in a creator, someone higher than us who made us, but even now as this 'God' is creating, he already knows whats happening, whats gonna happen and what happened, then whats the point of it all. The bible says nothing of why god created us, but in the Quran (Islam), it says god created us for the sole purpose of worshiping him. But why make a devil to stop us from doing so, why make a universe and imperfect earth, why not just make more angels or such for worship? If he is so perfect and cannot improve or benefit from anything anymore, why even need worship? The concept of a perfect being is needless to explain, cannot be possible. If people take time to think on it, they will realize that it sounds foolish. Dont get be wrong, i have not fully grudges on the fact there is no 'God', if anyone can find me an explanation i probably will believe in him. Although the chances of this 'God' is not impossible, it is highly without a spec of dust improbable. That is my opinion on the matter.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazloo View Post
    Perfect means it cannot improve anymore than it already is, that is impossible.
    Very good. This is known as omnipotence and omniscience. God's traits are: omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence. Omnipresence in specific is a paradox, because that is being everywhere all at once, at the same time. Apart of everywhere is impossible due to basic physics, and here's to disprove his ability to break physics:

To move on, his omnipotence can be disproven through the simple question, "Can god create an object that he cannot lift?" If you answer yes, then he cannot lift said object, meaning he is not all-powerful. If you answer no, then he cannot create that object, meaning he is not all-powerful. Theists often try to then teeter around saying "anything within the realms of physical possibility", yet 500 years ago we believed the Earth was flat without a doubt, we have no idea yet how to comprehend the bounds of how physics can be pushed, so you can't say that as a valid answer.

Back to his omnipresence, since he cannot be omnipotent, he does not have unlimited power. Since he does not have this power, there is no way he can be everywhere unless God himself was the universe. In this case, you'd basically be worshiping astronomy, so that argument is essentially pointless. This means that he could not POSSIBLY be everywhere, so he's powerless enough that he cannot even exceed light speed OR be in more than one place, because he:
    -Does not possess the power to break the laws of physics;
    -Is not the universe;

So no, he is not almighty and great. Does this necessarily disprove his existence? No. It just strips him of his all-mightiness.
    Last edited by Hunter Jr.; 12-14-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I don't know about you, but you must really love being around 5th graders to know what they know. You might as well be a 5th grade yourself based on your point of views and attitude. Only an immature individual would consider one's argument as a "5th grade level". Even Trump's opinions and arguments can be said by an 8 year old.

I don't need sources to support my claim to an ignorant individual like you who only judge people for entertainment, and I'm not assuming this because you have a history of posts of judging random individuals.

Most of what I said can be found on many articles on the internet, so why don't you go ahead and read those if you have nothing better to do other than wasting your time judging people online.

Here's one for you > https://billygraham.org/decision-mag...-the-same-god/

Everything you said was an opinion, not even facts. So you didn't really "disprove" any of my questions.. And if you think the article you shared was a fact, you are literally a joke. Just because it's coming from a trusted source does not mean it's entirely true.

Thanks

Very good. This is known as omnipotence and omniscience. God's traits are: omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence. Omnipresence in specific is a paradox, because that is being everywhere all at once, at the same time. Apart of everywhere is impossible due to basic physics, and here's to disprove his ability to break physics:

To move on, his omnipotence can be disproven through the simple question, "Can god create an object that he cannot lift?" If you answer yes, then he cannot lift said object, meaning he is not all-powerful. If you answer no, then he cannot create that object, meaning he is not all-powerful. Theists often try to then teeter around saying "anything within the realms of physical possibility", yet 500 years ago we believed the Earth was flat without a doubt, we have no idea yet how to comprehend the bounds of how physics can be pushed, so you can't say that as a valid answer.

Back to his omnipresence, since he cannot be omnipotent, he does not have unlimited power. Since he does not have this power, there is no way he can be everywhere unless God himself was the universe. In this case, you'd basically be worshiping astronomy, so that argument is essentially pointless. This means that he could not POSSIBLY be everywhere, so he cannot even exceed light speed because:
    -Does not possess the power to break the laws of physics;
    -Is not the universe;

So no, he is not almighty and great. Does this necessarily disprove his existence? No. It just strips him of his all-mightiness.
    If you were a girl, Id marry you. Thanks for the knowledge, this really did widen my view. And as i said, the existence of a 'God' is not impossible, its improbable. But the existence of a creator is very likely.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about you, but you must really love being around 5th graders to know what they know. You might as well be a 5th grade yourself based on your point of views and attitude. Only an immature individual would consider one's argument as a "5th grade level". Even Trump's opinions and arguments can be said by an 8 year old.

I don't need sources to support my claim to an ignorant individual like you who only judge people for entertainment, and I'm not assuming this because you have a history of posts of judging random individuals.

Most of what I said can be found on many articles on the internet, so why don't you go ahead and read those if you have nothing better to do other than wasting your time judging people online.

Here's one for you > https://billygraham.org/decision-mag...-the-same-god/

Everything you said was an opinion, not even facts. So you didn't really "disprove" any of my questions.. And if you think the article you shared was a fact, you are literally a joke. Just because it's coming from a trusted source does not mean it's entirely true.
    Not sure who your talking to, sorry if it was me tho
    Last edited by Lazloo; 12-14-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Dunno why you're attempting to bring in a orange-headed fuckwit into this conversation about Jesus Christ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast