Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    It looks like you’re writing unsubstantiated nonsense. Would you like to turn on all caps?
    Premium Member
    Global Moderator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Why can Dab call users names... But when the user replies with a name.. They get ban?

Yet another unjust ban to a liberal opposing member in a debate thread. I know it's easy to picture us with in all white clothing and big cones on our heads... But we are actually just normal people. When someone is insulted first by being called a pleb, why is it not allowed for them to respond with another insult? I'm very confused... As Dab baited the user into insulting back... But then gets banned for it? Really? In Staff section there is a thread where Liz kindly asks staffers to stay out of the toxicity of General... But that's the opposite I'm seeing here.

When Dab replied to Matthew's post, which did not have any insults, he insulted Matthew with:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
    Guess what pleb, ...
    Matthew then replied to Dab.... Again with no insults. He even said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    What's extremely funny and I'm more than certain people agree with me is that you have this feeling of authority making you feel superior to others by calling them plebs and always claiming to be correct.
    Dab replied again. ADMITTING to a 'passive aggressive insult' towards Matthew:
    3. It's a passive aggressive insult just like me calling you a filthy pleb.

4. You're saying since you don't have the same "experience/views" as me, you can't make a claim refuting what I say. Think about... pleb.
    The next 2 replies weren't much but Dab saying he was gunna block Matthew. But then Matthew did reply with an insult, in which got him ban:
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    User is a fucking twat who disrespects people by calling them plebs then tries to assert his authority over others. Good that you blocked me so I can talk shit and you can't see it.
    I'm just confused... Dab can call someone a filthy poor person, but Matthew can't call someone a vagina? Dab insulted Matthew a lot more and baited him into insulting back. What is going on?

And to be completely honest with you... Which one is more accurate? Dab being a twat or Matthew being a pleb.... Yea... Better not answer that one.

Please look into

Quote Originally Posted by congress_ man View Post
    only time im not in the sky is when im low and dry

Donator: 1-16-14 - 12-03-15
    News Force (Gaming News): 10-17-15 - 12-25-15
    News Force (Technology News): 11-15-15 - 12-03-15
    News Force (Headlines): 11-27-15 - 6-16-16
    News Force (Head Editor): 11-27-15 - 6-16-16
    Premium: 12-03-15 - ∞
    Middleman: 1-11-16 - 6-10-16
    Minecraft Minion: 2-28-16 - 6-10-16
    Marketplace Minion: 3-11-16 - 6-10-16
    News Force (Freelancer): 7-06-16 - 6-23-19
    News Force (WTF News): 8-07-17 - 6-23-19
    General Minion: 12-04-22 - ∞
    MMORPG Minion: 1-14-23 - ∞
    MPGH Moderator: 2-21-23 - ∞
    League of Legends Section: 2-21-23 - ∞
    OFPSH Section: 2-22-23 - ∞
    Global Moderator: 6-1-23 - ∞

Rep and Thanks always appreciated!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cursed For This Useful Post:

Gaydow (01-18-2018),Matthew_Won't_Die (01-15-2018),Realm Bags (01-15-2018)

Thanks
    Because referring to people as plebs is an appropriate term as they are normal/common people not holding a position of higher power.

As for matthew, he blatantly insulted me and even acknowledges he is breaking the rules. Hence why he was banned pleb.

Edit: The General section and Debate section are two different sections. He also did not get baited, he was promoted to address the points I refuted, he decided to insult me because he couldn't handle the argument. Not my fault.
    Last edited by Dab; 01-15-2018 at 01:04 PM.
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

Threadstarter
    It looks like you’re writing unsubstantiated nonsense. Would you like to turn on all caps?
    Premium Member
    Global Moderator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Because referring to people as plebs is an appropriate term as they are normal/common people not holding a position of higher power.

As for matthew, he blatantly insulted me and even acknowledges he is breaking the rules. Hence why he was banned pleb.

Edit: The General section and Debate section are two different sections. He also did not get baited, he was promoted to address the points I refuted, he decided to insult me because he couldn't handle the argument. Not my fault.
    Couldn't handle the argument... Though you blocked him. And pleb is a belittling insult in your context. No one in the past years has used pleb in a non insulting way... Oh... But you're the exception.

Even when I hadn't insulted you, you said:
    You're stupid pleb.
    Oh, but you were just being nice, right?

But now you bring up a good point. When he called you twat he was referring to women's genitals in a non insulting manor. That shouldn't warrant a ban.

EDIT: Also, if you're this great person of power... Then you should be better than to add to the toxicity of General.
    Last edited by Cursed; 01-15-2018 at 01:19 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cursed For This Useful Post:

Gaydow (01-18-2018),Matthew_Won't_Die (01-15-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post

Couldn't handle the argument... Though you blocked him. And pleb is a belittling insult in your context. No one in the past years has used pleb in a non insulting way... Oh... But you're the exception.

Even when I hadn't insulted you, you said:

Oh, but you were just being nice, right?

But now you bring up a good point. When he called you twat he was referring to women's genitals in a non insulting manor. That shouldn't warrant a ban.
    I blocked him after he started getting off topic, I viewed his message and wasn't going to report it until I came across the "since you blocked me It's okay for me to insult you" part. Had he not acknowledged the rule he was breaking I'd be 100% fine with it since it was general section and not debate section. Also I'm not the one who banned him, nor is the person who did in anyway associated with my views or my argument. It was purely based on the fact he had insulted a staff member, and bragged about it. I'm the last person who would hand out disciplinary action over someone getting heated in an argument, but he wasn't even making an argument at that point, he was just livid.
    Former BattleOn Minion

If you cannot run trainers please see this thread: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1170564

Threadstarter
    Premium Member
    Global Moderator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    I blocked him after he started getting off topic, I viewed his message and wasn't going to report it until I came across the "since you blocked me It's okay for me to insult you" part. Had he not acknowledged the rule he was breaking I'd be 100% fine with it since it was general section and not debate section. Also I'm not the one who banned him, nor is the person who did in anyway associated with my views or my argument. It was purely based on the fact he had insulted a staff member, and bragged about it. I'm the last person who would hand out disciplinary action over someone getting heated in an argument, but he wasn't even making an argument at that point, he was just livid.
    He insulted a member who insulted him. He didn't just go to the thread just to flame you, he took your insulting bait and insulted you back. And if your remarks were not insulting, then he was using a non insulting way of twat. I like how you think you're above everyone. You even call people whom have donated $100s for PREM ranks to admins here plebs when you don't have either ranks. Pleb

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cursed For This Useful Post:

Matthew_Won't_Die (01-15-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post

He insulted a member who insulted him. He didn't just go to the thread just to flame you, he took your insulting bait and insulted you back. And if your remarks were not insulting, then he was using a non insulting way of twat. I like how you think you're above everyone. You even call people whom have donated $100s for PREM ranks to admins here plebs when you don't have either ranks. Pleb
    Irrelevant.

Also I did not "bait" him, he actually came into the thread to bait me. After I refuted your attempted argument.
    He isn't even insulting immigrants, he just included 2 pieces of information and you take that him trying to insult all immigrants. You need to ask yourself why most immigrants get the labor intensive/bottom barrel jobs and its not even immigrants but white, black, anyone who gets these jobs. It's because they failed at life and didn't get a decent education or trade to get them in a specialized job. Cursed is completely right, when my dad does a better job than usual, he gets something called a "quality" each month for hard work. He is a farmer by the way.

I don't see how you can even have a say on this topic as you have said you have never worked a day in your life.
    Just read the thread yourself, everything he said I addressed and refuted. I never made such bait claims as "people with different experiences/views don't have the right to argue against mine". That would be considered trolling if he didn't genuinely not understand what he was saying.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I can see, you've only made this dispute because your buddy got banned after refusing to argue and start attacking staff members. You should condemn his actions not condone them.
    Former BattleOn Minion

Thanks
    Pretty much what Cursed said.

I find it highly unprofessional and immature to call someone a pleb for no reason. Wait you had a reason, you believe that everyone is below you and you are always correct in any debate and when someone decides to challenge you with actual, legit examples you block them. I didn't insult you at any point in our argument even though you threw insults like pleb, stupid, trash, etc. You also threw multiple assumptions out at me like that of I'm racist and uneducated. Funny thing is you think I was trolling with my argument when those are my actual beliefs on the topic. To further iterate the point of you showing authority over others, you say on the thread that I don't get to challenge your views because I don't share the same experiences as you. You then proceeded to block me.

As to what I think Cursed is saying by "bait". You started to bait me by calling me a pleb, etc which then caused me to insult you back, he isn't talking about you baiting me into an argument. I like how you say that I said that you didn't have the right to argue with me. You bolded my words and I never said that, you are just changing it to make me look bad.

And to "refute" your last statement, as far as I'm concerned me and Cursed aren't "buddies" we haven't really even talked or have done anything of the sort. He simply saw a message I left in a group chat talking about this unjust ban and shared a story of a similar incident. I'd like to hear Liz's opinion on this as I don't see why you of all people got to become a staff member when you can't properly address someone.
    Last edited by Matthew_Won't_Die; 01-15-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Won't_Die View Post
    Pretty much what Cursed said.

I find it highly unprofessional and immature to call someone a pleb for no reason. Wait you had a reason, you believe that everyone is below you and you are always correct in any debate and when someone decides to challenge you with actual, legit examples you block them. I didn't insult you at any point in our argument even though you threw insults like pleb, stupid, trash, etc. You also threw multiple assumptions out at me like that of I'm racist and uneducated. Funny thing is you think I was trolling with my argument when those are my actual beliefs on the topic. To further iterate the point of you showing authority over others, you say on the thread that I don't get to challenge your views because I don't share the same experiences as you. You then proceeded to block me.

As to what I think Cursed is saying by "bait". You started to bait me by calling me a pleb, etc which then caused me to insult you back, he isn't talking about you baiting me into an argument. I like how you say that I said that you didn't have the right to argue with me. You bolded my words and I never said that, you are just changing it to make me look bad.

And to "refute" your last statement, as far as I'm concerned me and Cursed aren't "buddies" we haven't really even talked or have done anything of the sort. He simply saw a message I left in a group chat talking about this unjust ban and shared a story of a similar incident. I'd like to hear Liz's opinion on this as I don't see why you of all people got to become a staff member when you can't properly address someone.
    You didn't respond to any of the points you made that I refuted. That's fine.

You decided to bait and troll. That's fine.

You attacked me after acknowledging it was in violation of the rules. That's not fine.
    Former BattleOn Minion

Thanks
    And you also attacked me when I didn't say anything insulting to you?

You honestly don't see the point of this thread do you? You continue to call people plebs which is disrespectful and when someone says something back you get them banned. I don't see the fairness here.

Thanks
    And you also attacked me when I didn't say anything insulting to you?

You honestly don't see the point of this thread do you? You continue to call people plebs which is disrespectful and when someone says something back you get them banned. I don't see the fairness here.
    I don't feel referring to a regular person as a pleb is a grossly inappropriate term that should not be used by anyone. It's in no way distinguishing your race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual preference.

That's not the point of this thread. The point of this thread is I refuted your attempt at arguing what I said to Cursed, and you feel that it gave you the right to attack me, and even acknowledge it was against the rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this has nothing to do with fairness. What would be fair is for you not to insult me because you didn't feel like articulating a coherent response to my counter arguments.
    Former BattleOn Minion

Thanks
    Let me say again what I feel since you can't seem to understand it.

You insulted me by calling me a pleb multiple times and have even called Cursed a stupid pleb.

By doing that, you baited me into insulting you because you insulted me.

Now we made a dispute because it's wrong that I get banned for insulting you when you've been insulting others for far to long without no consequence.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Middleman 9/13/2016-3/8/17
    LoL Minion 11/5/2016-3/8/17
    Former Staff 3/8/17-12/27/17
    Middleman 12/27/17-06/28/19
    Marketplace Minion 7/1/18-06/28/19
    Minion+ 12/5/18-2/5/19
    Moderator 2/5/19-06/28/19

Former Staff 06/28/19-12/19/20
    Middleman 12/19/20-Current
    Marketplace Minion 2/1/2021-Current
    Minion+ 4/7/2021-12/08/2022

Moderator 2/5/19-08/13/23
    Global Moderator 08/13/23-Current

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lily For This Useful Post:

Matthew_Won't_Die (01-15-2018),nickoshiMa (01-15-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I've reduced it to 3 days, but set to 2 considering the already passed day.

I re-read the debate, and while calling staff a "fucking twat" isn't allowed, I don't consider it calling for a 5 day ban.

There was no need to call Dab a "fucking twat" in the reply, including an off-topic af post.

Also not sure why the term "pleb" was used if one is also at the same level... or if they are of a higher level, should not stoop down to the level of "plebs"
    Last edited by Ahlwong; 01-15-2018 at 10:23 PM.
    News Force Head Editor from 09/14/2018 - 03/02/2020
    Publicist from 11/23/2017 - 06/07/2019
    Global Moderator since 09/24/2017
    Minion+ from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Market Place Minion from 04/16/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Minecraft Minion from 02/23/2017 - 09/24/2017
    Realm of the Mad God Minion from 11/06/2016 - 09/24/2017

Middleman from 09/14/2016 - 09/24/2017
    News Force Editor from 08/23/2016 - 09/14/2018
    News Force (Section of the Week) from 03/21/2016 - 07/17/2017
    News Force (User News) from 10/18/2015 - 09/14/2018

Donator since 03/16/2015
    Realm of the Mad God Editor from 05/20/2014 - 07/08/2014
    Member since 12/23/2012

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahl For This Useful Post:

Luverdark (01-15-2018),Matthew_Won't_Die (01-15-2018),Realm Bags (01-15-2018)

Thanks
    I would like to hear Liz's opinion on this as this is one of her staff.

Anyways, thanks for shortening the ban duration, I would like an apology from Dab as well.

Also keep in mind, he has been calling people "plebs" for months.
    Last edited by Matthew_Won't_Die; 01-15-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks
    Let me say again what I feel since you can't seem to understand it.

You insulted me by calling me a pleb multiple times and have even called Cursed a stupid pleb.

By doing that, you baited me into insulting you because you insulted me.

Now we made a dispute because it's wrong that I get banned for insulting you when you've been insulting others for far to long without no consequence.

Your first post in that thread was in response to me.

"I don't see how you can even have a say on this topic as you have said you have never worked a day in your life."

I consider that bait, I also consider you saying I'm not allowed to argue with you a troll. But since it was the general section I did not do anything. It was not until you completely stopped responding to my argument, and decided to insult me after acknowledging you'll probably be banned for it.

- - - Updated - - -

You were banned because you broke rules, you acknowledged the rule u broke...
    Former BattleOn Minion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast