Thread: Ask me anything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Ask me anything

Hey all,

You've probably seen me lurking around the health and fitness section and posting here and there. So who am I?

I'm an occupational therapist/physiotherapist that deals with injury rehabilitation and also double as a trainer. I have education in rehabilitation (duh), diet/nutrition, mental health rehab and sport science. So essentially what sets me apart from most posters here is that I have a degree and scientifically backed advice/practice.

Now I won't do what I do for work here because I'm not getting paid for it here, but I will answer questions that you have to a sufficient degree. Any questions about training/diet/supplements I can answer and if you feel like anything else, go for it.

I won't provide any training regimens because a simple google search can show you a multitude of workout options, however I can point you in the direction of whatever goal you want.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sydney-Life2009 For This Useful Post:

boy (04-18-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks!! I surely have certain questions, which I will come up in the coming days.

Thanks
    @Sydney-Life2009 Sweet - what's your best advice for someone with an AC joint injury? I injured my left shoulder last summer, rested it and I'm fine most of the time now, but still have to be careful. I'm 99% sure it's my AC joint because the raise is visible through my skin

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I assumed you went to see a physio for that injury? If you have and they've successfully helped restore you to original function then you should be okay to resume regular activity. Make sure you warm up and/or stretch. Exercise caution on pressing/pulling movements and be careful on movements that take your arms away from the midline of your body (e.g. lateral raises). Try to avoid putting too much load on that joint by making sure you set your shoulders back and tight during work outs (everyone should be doing this anyways).

Other than that, you should be completely healed up by now assuming you cared for it properly. If you didn't go see anyone, I'd recommend getting it checked up incase your recovery wasn't complete. They'll probably get you to do range of motion tests and pain tests.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sydney-Life2009 For This Useful Post:

Oliboli8769 (02-13-2018),sasori~ (02-13-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    How are you bro ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Doing great, hope you're doing well.

Thanks
    @Sydney-Life2009

I am an 18 year old male. I am 5'8 and weigh 145 pounds on average, sometimes 150, but I think I'm pretty scrawny looking. I always have been. I wrestled in high school and did crossfit, but I never seemed to be able to look bigger. What advice can you give me for gaining overall muscle and getting a thicker look?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Start counting your calories and eating more. I started out around your size too. Google TDEE calculator and input your details, it'll give you the recommended amount you should be eating per day, eat 300 calories on top of that and you should gradually gain weight.

Go to the gym and work purely on hypertrophy based programming. If you want to gain size and thickness, you'll want to stick within the 8-12 rep range. Wrestling and crossfit while good for general fitness, aren't the way to actually put on mass. You need to work out and eat well to put on any substantial size. Make use of compound exercises that engage big muscle groups. There are thousands of work out routines that essentially do the same thing, just pick one and work with it. Ignore all the sensationalisation and shit like "this exercise will get you huge fast" and just stick to working on the tried and true basics. Deadlifts, pull ups, bench, dips, squats etc. are fantastic for putting on size.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sydney-Life2009 For This Useful Post:

HEV702 (03-24-2018)

Thanks
    Should I take rest days? I work out 7 times a week no rest days(sometimes I do on special occasions) for 2 years. I am the biggest guy at my gym. Everyone says rest days, but not doing so has worked well for me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Hi my girlfriend has chest pain and stomach pain she went out with her friends 2 days ago and she said the popcornchicken tasted weird. The next day she tells me she can't eat anything she throws them up and the only thing that helped was soda's idk what the doctor said when she visted them but rn shes going to the umc quick care. She has chest pain that feels like someone is pushing it together and when she went to work which i told her not too she had back paain and everything idk if its heart burn and the stomaach flu? Im really worried.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    Should I take rest days? I work out 7 times a week no rest days(sometimes I do on special occasions) for 2 years. I am the biggest guy at my gym. Everyone says rest days, but not doing so has worked well for me.
    As long as you're giving your muscle groups enough time in between work outs it's fine to go without rest days. I personally do 6 days a week. As long as you're giving yourself at least 48h in between doing the same muscle you should be sweet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    Hi my girlfriend has chest pain and stomach pain she went out with her friends 2 days ago and she said the popcornchicken tasted weird. The next day she tells me she can't eat anything she throws them up and the only thing that helped was soda's idk what the doctor said when she visted them but rn shes going to the umc quick care. She has chest pain that feels like someone is pushing it together and when she went to work which i told her not too she had back paain and everything idk if its heart burn and the stomaach flu? Im really worried.
    That is definitely not something I deal with so I recommend going to see the doctor again. If soda is helping she probably has gastro or indigestion but don't take my word for it, I'm not trained to deal with that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    got cartilage issues on my knees, any treatment i could try?

hyaluronic acid did almost nothing to me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by echpayday View Post
    got cartilage issues on my knees, any treatment i could try?

hyaluronic acid did almost nothing to me
    Go see a doctor, you'll need more help than I can provide depending on the severity.

Thanks
    What are you recommending for breakfast ?
    As i'm trying to lose some weight..

Quote Originally Posted by LaToots View Post
    Big vouch !
    Everything went so smooth, good seller.
    Thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by Duve269 View Post
    Recieved money fast ! Great guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddoserploxer View Post
    https://prntscr.com/izzqwc OMG HE GOT IT TO FREAKING WORK!! LETS GET ITTT REP TO THIS MAN. Anyone need a windows activation HIT HIM UP!!
    thx brotha
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSTerBATE1 View Post
    +rep! I paid first and i recieved account fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevdev View Post
    +rep, got an account from him, very good guy. I would recommend!
    Quote Originally Posted by MAKAPOB View Post
    +rep,nice person you can trust !
    Quote Originally Posted by WillShuler View Post
    +rep went first and he sent me acc and changed info after I paid thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by xijinRK View Post
    +rep went first

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    I've been skinny fat for quite a while. I've tried my hand at dieting and exercising, but can't seem to get rid of my belly fat. Any tips?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast