Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Saurbraten player movement speed?

I know a few of you here, or at least HD if he's still around, have some experience with the cube engine. I was hoping somebody could tell me if there is a single variable for movement speed or if it's just part of one of the functions for clipping and collisions. I know it's not a topic about c/c++ directly, but the engine is written in c/c++, so please don't delete this Why. I know it sounds noob-ish to ask but I am not a great programmer and I've been looking through the physics code for a very long time for something useful. Also, I haven't taken physics yet in school, so I'm a little lost with the stuff.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to t7ancients For This Useful Post:

143fregie (04-19-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Lol well game physics is much easier. If Im correct Sauburaten or whatever uses the same code as AC and so by finding a pointer to the player class you should just be able to offset to your player speed from object pointer.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Currently at school, 1 hour left.
    pPlayer1->vel(ocity)
    check that one out, it's directional speed over x/y/z axis.
    figure out where it's used and multiply by 2 to get double speed(multiply only when it's accessed for adding to pos, restore right after)
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!