Thanks

Disassembly: Figuring out this class/object from just its member functions

Hey guys, I'm brand new to these forums, but I was hoping I could get some advice for this reversing problem. I hope it's alright to ask for help without having contributed anything yet. I'll probably be posting some useful stuff later if I get around to it.

So basically I'm reversing an older MMO game that I've played ever since my childhood. Its cheating community is virtually nonexistent, so I'm having to do a lot of things that I've never had to do before. For example, figuring out the general layout of the code, and how the all game's internal API functions work.

I'm very excited because it turns out there are thousands of functions that all have the same layout and all have strings inside of them that describe their functionality and what source file they are a part of (e.g.: "MoveCommandArc::Start" in ".\\Movement\\MoveControllerCommands.cpp"). These functions range from basic low level game functions to full-on admin client tools and toggles for special modes and UI prompts.

I don't know how far I can push this, but I'm eager to try. The only issue I'm having is that they're all __thiscall member functions, and I can't figure out what class they are a part of. There are plenty of functions that call these functions, but if I keep backtracking I just hit a dead-end -- I never reach the point where the object is instantiated or obtained somehow. All I know is that it's a VERY large object, with a lot of members.

I'm unsure if the same class is shared between all of these functions, or if they are separate, e.g. "MoveCommandArc::Start" having a "MoveCommandArc" class.

There is always the hooking & argument stealing route, but I feel like there is a cleaner solution somewhere. Does anybody here happen to know a way that it might be possible to find the code where the object is created?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    What game is this about? I'd be happy to download it and lend a hand.
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
    What game is this about? I'd be happy to download it and lend a hand.
    I'm really cautious about naming it since I want to try and preserve its innocence as best I can, but I will probably end up sharing something for it eventually so it's only a matter of time. If you want to help out it might be really fun so I will let you know! I just need to spend some time figuring out if it's even feasible to do anything fun here, besides the common MMO stuff like position changes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Do you have a skype or dicsord where I can add you?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    #Bump. Did you ever figure it out?