Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Concept Art for Dynamic Themes

Concept Art for Dynamic Themes
    One of the things I've heard one or two times, is some people who have thought about making a client where you could switch between custom UI/GUI. We are all use to the grey, white and black UI that is used and have always been used on prod, but since custom uis often has appeared to be a great succes, I thought it would be a good idea, to start making some custom themes, you can set your client to play with. As of right now I've only barely started on the Title Screen and the Character Selection Screen. The theme I show here, is a Binding of Isaac inspired theme, for Odiom. It is still in progress, as I'm also working on updating my Sheep Herding Minigame.

In my client, you as a player, are able to choose the client theme on the menu screen, where there will be ~5 different themes, and this is one of them.
    Everything you see, is drawn in hand by me, some is copied from Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, however still drawn in hand. So creds to that team behind the game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Very nice sir. Did you make this yourself, or is this just a theme made in Photoshop? Also here are a few ideas that maybe you can use.

1) Show the character stats below the character type (skin and class). These details would include: Fame, Stars and maxed stats. Pets should be displayed on the left (skin and levels). On the right keep for news).

2) In game, the UI should be like follow: In the middle, put main inventory items in the bottom middle. Keep the fame and bars above it. On the right, split up inventory into 2 2x2 squares. This way, on the right there should be 4 items and on the left there should be 4 items. Then, make a button. When you press that button, the pet stats and backpack come up as popups. (or you can make it so that backpack appears next to items 2x2 boxes when unlocked).

Of course, these are just ideas, no pressure sir. I like what you are doing!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DevilRotMG For This Useful Post:

lkdjnfoskjednfblksjdfn (06-15-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilRotMG View Post
    Very nice sir. Did you make this yourself, or is this just a theme made in Photoshop? Also here are a few ideas that maybe you can use.

1) Show the character stats below the character type (skin and class). These details would include: Fame, Stars and maxed stats. Pets should be displayed on the left (skin and levels). On the right keep for news).

2) In game, the UI should be like follow: In the middle, put main inventory items in the bottom middle. Keep the fame and bars above it. On the right, split up inventory into 2 2x2 squares. This way, on the right there should be 4 items and on the left there should be 4 items. Then, make a button. When you press that button, the pet stats and backpack come up as popups. (or you can make it so that backpack appears next to items 2x2 boxes when unlocked).

Of course, these are just ideas, no pressure sir. I like what you are doing!
    I seriously apreciate your feedback, it is amazing to work with!
    Yes I made this myself, som is identical to things you find in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth however, the proccess of copying that, has been in hand, so it is not 100% similar, due to inaccuracy.

The logo is 100% made by me, custom with inspiration of a natural flame. And it is made in what I prefer when it comes to spriting: Paint.Net.
    I use Photoshop sometimes, for advanced editing (high graphics) but for things like, pixel-art, low poly or just 2D art similar to this, I'd choose Paint.net

Oh and by the way; Your idea about the GUI changes, is it somewhat similar to this, I made some weeks ago?:

Seriously, thank you for your help!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lkdjnfoskjednfblksjdfn For This Useful Post:

DevilRotMG (06-16-2018)

Thanks
    looks really good, and I think a good addition to it is making a default theme, that will change according to the seasons of the year (you know, summer, winter, etc)
    hi

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zolmex For This Useful Post:

lkdjnfoskjednfblksjdfn (06-16-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolmex View Post
    looks really good, and I think a good addition to it is making a default theme, that will change according to the seasons of the year (you know, summer, winter, etc)
    Yeah me, and my friend decided to stick to one theme, because making Dynamic themes (changing colors and pictures on every single graphic) would take waaaay too much dev time. The holiday theme idea, is great, and I think I am going with that.

Thanks alot for your feedback

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Looks super nice, I hope you can manage to somehow make the UI look that simple and smooth in-game too.
    I like all the different things you've been posting recently too, this section feels kind of dead nowadays, and seeing what other people do is nice

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sgrawsreghawrhgwrhgr For This Useful Post:

lkdjnfoskjednfblksjdfn (06-16-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody77 View Post
    Looks super nice, I hope you can manage to somehow make the UI look that simple and smooth in-game too.
    I like all the different things you've been posting recently too, this section feels kind of dead nowadays, and seeing what other people do is nice
    Thanks!
    Odiom is a project that got the spark back in me, I really enjoy working on it, so I'm trying to keep that spark going and share what I get done with people around me
    I'm happy you like it!

- - - Updated - - -
    @DevilRotMG @Nobody77 @Zolmex

Here is my recently finished design for the new ingame HUDView. This is not concept art by the way, this is actual ingame footage.
    What do you guys think? I followed some of your suggestions, except the location change of the GUI

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary View Post
    Thanks!
    Odiom is a project that got the spark back in me, I really enjoy working on it, so I'm trying to keep that spark going and share what I get done with people around me
    I'm happy you like it!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my recently finished design for the new ingame HUDView. This is not concept art by the way, this is actual ingame footage.
    What do you guys think? I followed some of your suggestions, except the location change of the GUI

nice work, you made me excited about Odiom
    In the screenshot I marked the name because of the font, I think the font should also change with the HUD themes. Same with the hp/mp/Lvl bars.
    hi

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zolmex For This Useful Post:

lkdjnfoskjednfblksjdfn (06-17-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Thanks!
    I'm happy you like it!

- - - Updated - - -

Looking sleek and original. The simplistic style of the UI adds to the already present creativity, thus making it overall an amazing graphic look. As mentioned prior, potentially the font needs to be changed on the whole thing to look more cartoony. You should maybe have a look at what you had on the main home screen, or cartoon fonts from google. Great work!
    Last edited by DevilRotMG; 06-16-2018 at 08:58 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DevilRotMG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolmex View Post
    nice work, you made me excited about Odiom
    In the screenshot I marked the name because of the font, I think the font should also change with the HUD themes. Same with the hp/mp/Lvl bars.
    Thanks alot. The font is supposed to be changed, so I'll post some screenshots of that, when I get it done.
    Again thanks for the feedback

- - - Updated - - -

Looking sleek and original. The simplistic style of the UI adds to the already present creativity, thus making it overall an amazing graphic look. As mentioned prior, potentially the font needs to be changed on the whole thing to look more cartoony. You should maybe have a look at what you had on the main home screen, or cartoon fonts from google. Great work!
    Thank you!
    The font is actually supposed to be changed, so I will get that done. The font on the main screen is drawn by me, it's not an actual font. At this moment I am making it a font (I'm drawing each letter and symbol from scratch) so I can use it in the client

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Thanks alot. The font is supposed to be changed, so I'll post some screenshots of that, when I get it done.
    Again thanks for the feedback

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!
    The font is actually supposed to be changed, so I will get that done. The font on the main screen is drawn by me, it's not an actual font. At this moment I am making it a font (I'm drawing each letter and symbol from scratch) so I can use it in the client
    Can I add you on IM for some assistance?
    Last edited by Luverdark; 07-04-2018 at 01:13 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DevilRotMG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Can I add you on IM for some assistance?
    Sure, why not.

- - - Updated - - -

Another small change in the MerchantModals as I like to call them. They are far from done, yet it is starting to look like something.
    Last edited by Luverdark; 07-04-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Great, I would suggest a thin outline on all the items that is different from the background colour (stands out). Also, on the UI to the right, just a big annoying that it is moving a bit once the frame ends. Maybe extend it vertically to remove the 2-5 px where it will show the map moving.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Good job NoobHereo again!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sebastianfra12 For This Useful Post:

DevilRotMG (06-17-2018),lkdjnfoskjednfblksjdfn (06-17-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastianfra12 View Post
    Good job NoobHereo again!
    Thanks, Seb.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to lkdjnfoskjednfblksjdfn For This Useful Post:

DevilRotMG (06-17-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast