Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

[SR] New Guardian Class

Hi everyone! Made a new class called the "Guardian". He is the second class to use the katana, but has 'portals' as his ability. A portal summons 5 lions outwards from your cursor, which absorb damage from enemies.
    I don't think it's too OP, obviously I need to mess around with the cooldowns, etc. But this is simple to fix so I am not worried.

I also added a better 'classes' overview. Which you will see in the video.

Looks really nice imo!

Yes, yes... the lions are pumpkins lol. That was the sprite I found for them, obviously I need a sprite maker xD

Hope you guys enjoy it!

- - - Updated - - -

You can skip to 2:53 to see what makes this class fun to play!

- - - Updated - - -

The goal of making this class was to introduce the new 'classes' select page. So I will not be adding any more new classes for a while. But my next one will be the 'Druid' :3

CREDITS: @Slendergo for his tutorial: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1193473
    Last edited by FlashFlyyy; 07-23-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashFlyyy View Post
    Hi everyone! Made a new class called the "Guardian". He is the second class to use the katana, but has 'portals' as his ability. A portal summons 5 lions outwards from your cursor, which absorb damage from enemies.
    I don't think it's too OP, obviously I need to mess around with the cooldowns, etc. But this is simple to fix so I am not worried.

I also added a better 'classes' overview. Which you will see in the video.

Looks really nice imo!

Yes, yes... the lions are pumpkins lol. That was the sprite I found for them, obviously I need a sprite maker xD

Hope you guys enjoy it!

- - - Updated - - -

You can skip to 2:53 to see what makes this class fun to play!

- - - Updated - - -

The goal of making this class was to introduce the new 'classes' select page. So I will not be adding any more new classes for a while. But my next one will be the 'Druid' :3

CREDITS: @Slendergo for his tutorial: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1193473
    U didn't send a vid.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by SeXZeFPS View Post
    U didn't send a vid.
    You mean for the 'classes' page thing? It's in the youtube video I posted.
    htt p s : //www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTxE26rkULk

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Too overpowered, 3-4 of those will just make permanent wall that you cant die from.

Making new classes isn't just about writing new code, its about figuring out what players want, and what they prefer to play. What style of gameplay they like, and a lot of other research features. You can't just make an unbalanced class that outweighs all others.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilRotMG View Post
    Too overpowered, 3-4 of those will just make permanent wall that you cant die from.

Making new classes isn't just about writing new code, its about figuring out what players want, and what they prefer to play. What style of gameplay they like, and a lot of other research features. You can't just make an unbalanced class that outweighs all others.
    I am only 1 person xD. Don't have any players atm. But the foundations are in place which is the main thing

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilRotMG View Post

I don't know, same could be said about any other class with divine pets, but I do agree, it does seem too overpowered as it can essentially block O2 forever

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgrawsreghawrhgwrhgr For This Useful Post:

DevilRotMG (07-24-2018),sebastianfra12 (07-24-2018)

Thanks
    well, the idea is interesting and new to play, but as said already, unbalanced. I would make like from t1 to t3 only 2 "lions" with like 1-2 second lifetime, then for the higher tiers, a max of 4 lions and 3 second lifetime. Meh I have never really balanced anything but I can tell the actual stats for it are insane
    Also making the cooldown a bit higher than the lifetime makes it less overpowered imo.
    hi

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zolmex For This Useful Post:

DevilRotMG (07-26-2018),FlashFlyyy (07-27-2018)

Thanks
    Nice class. But people would abuse this in the offical rotmg