Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    I think you're being scammed, no company would call you to inform you of a legal matter, they would server you with legal papers. It's either a targeted phishing scheme, or they got lucky and said the magic word "Adobe" or "Dolby" which sounds similar to Adobe, and now they want to scare you into buying them some gift cards from rite aid.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sm_x For This Useful Post:

Woaley (07-30-2018)

Thanks
    You can always deny everything, especially that the license came as an invite link/code, there is no way you can know if it is 'illegal' or not.
    Also, I'd suggest if you have -any- real information posted on this forum which can be linked to you to delete/modify it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TetecToN For This Useful Post:

Woaley (07-30-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    so im confused with dobly and adobe, is that a typo?
    dont contact adobe, dont use your real info anywhere on these adobe accounts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rudsec For This Useful Post:

Woaley (07-30-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I really thank you for all of your help!
    But I dont think its a scam, because they have some Infos like "you just updated your phone number today". But there is a small chance it could be a chance, they said I activated the membership yesterday, but I activated it months ago. Maybe its a missinfo like the Dolby thing (I dont know either what Dolby has to do with Adobe, but the woman at the call said something about it)
    But the main argument for that not beeing a scam is the number I got called from, I googled it and on some sites its been said that this number belongs to the official support.
    But If you look at the official adobe site, for support hotlines, you cannot find this number anywhere. Btw the number was from Berlin, and Adobe dont got any support hotlines in Berlin.
    Recently a number calls me everyday exactly at 14:08. I googled the number and there were no results. I think its theyr lawyers. I dont accepted the calls.
    What should I do? Should I accept the call and see who it is or just deny them?
    What I too have thought about: Who in the world would judge someone who clicked on a nondescript link? And if, I just would have to apologize to have clicked on a link...

Thanks
    Firstly, I think you're fucked. You already admitted to not buying it, so you have no defense here, secondly just pick up, if they have your address you're screwed if they don't don't tell them anything and hang up. Them having your phone number is no big deal, them having your address and name IS.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anubislsg For This Useful Post:

Woaley (07-31-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    They got my real name and phone number. I think through this they can do alot, like going to police and ask for my adress.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    How was that license btw? it's kinda ridiculous.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    It does sounds kind of ridiculous, contact the seller and ask him what to do about it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Activate_ For This Useful Post:

Woaley (08-01-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    As you can expect the seller wont answer. And why is it ridiculous? This could be a real big problem for me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Ich denk mal, dass du dir da eher weniger sorgen machen solltest.
    1. Ruft Adobe nicht wegen sowas an, und schon gar nicht der Support, der hat damit am wenigsten zu tun.
    2. Würde die Polizei nicht einfach so einem Unternehmen deine Adresse usw geben.
    3. Falls es wirklich echt sein sollte, was ich bezweifel, würde dich jeder noch so schlechte Anwalt wieder rausholen.
    4. Sofern du keine Post bekommst ist alles in Ordnung

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jackyy0503 For This Useful Post:

Woaley (08-07-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Woaley, how's it going bro? I've purchased from Adobe (the user) before, but haven't had any problems with anything. I don't see why Adobe (one of the biggest companies) would even consider suing someone for something that small. I would get it if there were any stolen credit cards and then they were used for the purchase of the team plan that you were invited to, or there was a big money fraud connected to the team leader's account, but hopefully this is not the case. I think someone is just trying to scam or fuck with you... nothing else. Update us on the thread and don't worry, we got you!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to aleko19 For This Useful Post:

Woaley (08-07-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thank you all for your helpfull answers!
    Its now one week with no response from adobe. I received no letters or emails. Seems like they forgot about it.
    If thats the case Im maybe lucky. Ill update you all if I got something new, but till now nothing happend.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Hmmm... in my own opinion I think they won't do anything about it in the first place, they probably wanted to scare you with what they said - unlikely but just a thought (like they getting a lawyer etc.) because it's really ridiculous that they called you about a Dolby license lmao.

But in all seriousness that was messed up saying that you responded to them saying you got an invite link, which made them suspicious. (You could've lied saying it was from a company that you was working with, but they'll want details and proof :| )

21. The Following User Says Thank You to XxRaPiDK3LLERxX For This Useful Post:

Woaley (08-19-2018)

Thanks
    imo they wont do anything as it is way too much paperwork and too expensive to go after a single user.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SynqZ For This Useful Post:

Woaley (08-19-2018)

Thanks
    Could just be a scare tactic, companies sometimes do things like this so that it will result in someone posting about it on a forum - like what's happening right now.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Depp For This Useful Post:

Woaley (08-19-2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast