Thanks

Infinity Ward sues Activision For Up to 500 million

Infinity Ward Group Sues Activision For Unpaid Bonuses
    Suit claims Activision held team hostage to finish Modern Warfare 3.

April 27, 2010 - A group of active and former Infinity Ward members, calling themselves the 'Infinity Ward Employee Group' (IWEG), has filed a lawsuit in the Los Angeles Superior Court today against Activision over alleged claims that the publisher still owes large sums of unpaid royalties and bonuses to the group.

A copy of the lawsuit obtained by IGN states a group of 38 Infinity Ward employees, both past and present, are still owed several large sums of bonus payments as a result of the sales of Modern Warfare 2. Activision allegedly breached its agreement regarding bonuses, and still owes the group between $40 million to $55 million in fourth quarter 2009 payments, between $30 million to $45 million in first quarter 2010 payments, and an additional $5 million to $25 million in other royalties.

The suit also states Activision allegedly has already paid upwards of $28 million in owed bonuses, but purposely and knowingly withheld additional payments to force the team to complete Modern Warfare 3.

"Activision engaged in this inappropriate course of conduct in an attempt to force employees of Infinity Ward to continue to work at a job that many of them did not want just so Activision could force them to complete the development, production and delivery of Modern Warfare 3," the suit alleges.

"In short, Activision withheld the property of the Infinity Ward Employee Group in an attempt to keep the employees hostage so that Activision could reap the benefit of the completion of Modern Warfare 3."

The group is seeking compensatory damages between $75 million to $125 million dollars, and punitive damages between $75 million and $500 million, as well as additional damages.

"Activision believes the action is without merit," the company said in a statement given to IGN. "Activision retains the discretion to determine the amount and the schedule of bonus payments for MW2 and has acted consistent with its rights and the law at all times. We look forward to getting judicial confirmation that our position is right."

Robert Schwartz, the attorney for Infinity Ward founders Jason West and Vince on their separate lawsuit filed against Activision last month, said this new suit invalidates claims made against his clients.

"In a lawsuit where Activision is refusing to produce a witness to substantiate its claims, today's new lawsuit by 38 Infinity Ward employees makes clear that Activision's accusations against Jason and Vince are completely false, Schwartz said in a statement given to IGN. "It's great to see the other Infinity Ward people sticking up for themselves. Hopefully Activision will realize that the time has come to live up to its promises."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    one word... DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

between $75 adn $500 million... what the fuck

Don't know who to believe... but if they have a contract telling when they get paid what then they should be held to it, likewise Infinity Ward should accept the terms of the contract...

either way, two groups of greedy bastards

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Comet (05-15-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    And who was now going to make the next CoD? EA?

Thanks
    The Black Ops is set for release in November this year, made by Treyarch.
    Treyarch actually made COD: WAW, but I didn't like their set-up as much as I like Infinity Ward.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    But the game after Black Ops.

Thanks
    Infinity Ward is most likely done-for with the Call of Duty series.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Treyarch has done CoD3, CoD5, CoD7..

So they may make a CoD9 with Treyarch making it ( doubt there will be cod9 )

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I personaly think that it is the end of CoD unless Treyarch continue making them. Most likely they will destroy CoD since alot of the stuff on CoD 5 suck's so bad.
    This is my awesome sig.
    Bobo ftw
    Cheap website hosting at www.hostxme.com

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    CoD5 is pretty cool as I play on it alot.. But they have failed with the servers and map laggs.

Treyarch will soon strike back after CoD7 with CoD again or a diffrent game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I realy hope they continue with it, but make it more like IW would.
    i actualy think i like CoD MW2 more than WaW because MW2 is...well, modern, today's sort of gun's, not these M1 Garand's or w.e they're called.
    We'll just have to wait and see :P
    This is my awesome sig.
    Bobo ftw
    Cheap website hosting at www.hostxme.com

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    yeh.. Well treyarch sued IW for 5.6 million due to copyright :\.. So its like IW sue ACTI then Treyarch Sue IW..

CoD7 will be a big faliure I think as Mw2 is more of a modern and they shudnt come out with like a future one or they'd just be going to far and just being stupid.