Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

possible fixes for longevity's hack crashing (vista 32 bit)

First off i wanted to make this because i see alot of people having the same problem about longevity's hack disconnecting after 1 game. i found a fix for me, BUT, remember, this may not work for everyone.

I'm using topblast's Red Dragon Injector to inject.

Now, go to the Combat Arms folder, wherever it may be on your comp, and find Engine.exe. Right click it and click the compatability tab. now change the compat to Windows XP Service Pack 2. Click apply and ok to close the window. now when you start CA you'll get a message something like "This program is running in compatability. This program will now close.". click ok and immediately start the game again. the game should load fine and you can play numerous games. i haven't got disconnected once when i do this.

A couple notes:

do NOT right click the desktop icon for CA and change compat. that icon only loads the website, you HAVE to go into the CA folder and change Engine.exe

you have to do this process EVERY TIME you open a fresh CA. so if you close CA you will have to do it again before you open it again.

make sure you have the latest version of .net framework installed. you can get it from microsoft for free (don't know if it's an approved outside link so can't give you the exact dl link, will pm a minion to find out).

I hope this helps the people having this problem, but remember this may not work for everyone so don't flame please.
    Last edited by The_Nightmare; 05-11-2010 at 02:14 AM.
    Friendship is kinda like pissing your pants, everyone sees it but only you get that warm feeling.

Respect lists are for ass kissers that are too lazy to do the job directly.

Appreciate our coders. If you use their hack then thank them. It's not hard to click the button.

Thank me if i helped in any way

Thanks
    Err, after the Compatibility error comes up, it automatically unchecks the Compatibility mode. Soo... Yeah. Doesn't make sense on how this would work.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    yea, doesn't make sense but it works for me lol
    Friendship is kinda like pissing your pants, everyone sees it but only you get that warm feeling.

Appreciate our coders. If you use their hack then thank them. It's not hard to click the button.

Thanks
    nothing happen bro it still shuting down after the 1st game really pissing me off

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by booman123 View Post
    nothing happen bro it still shuting down after the 1st game really pissing me off
    sorry to hear that. this is just something that worked for me. another possibility could be the version of .net framework you have. try downloading the latest .net framework and see if that helps. will add that to original post.

Thanks
    I tested this one night and havent again since, but its worked for the night i tried it when i used to dc every time. What i do is disable the hacks before entering a game, and enable them in-game only. Might be a pain but its better than relogging every time and this is a great hack.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I can't seem to get the Menu to show up.
    Is the hack patched or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladelore View Post
    I tested this one night and havent again since, but its worked for the night i tried it when i used to dc every time. What i do is disable the hacks before entering a game, and enable them in-game only. Might be a pain but its better than relogging every time and this is a great hack.
    i haven't tried this with this hack, but i know it to be true of hacks in the past. hitting insert and arrow keys at the beginning and before the end of a match is alot less of a hassle than restarting every match.

Quote Originally Posted by juicebox43 View Post
    I can't seem to get the Menu to show up.
    Is the hack patched or am I doing something wrong?
    the menu will automatically pop up if it's injected properly. try using topblast's Red Dragon Injector to inject. i haven't checked today but still worked last night so i'm guessing it's not patched yet.
    Last edited by The_Nightmare; 05-11-2010 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Nightmare View Post
    i haven't tried this with this hack, but i know it to be true of hacks in the past. hitting insert and arrow keys at the beginning and before the end of a match is alot less of a hassle than restarting every match.

the menu will automatically pop up if it's injected properly. try using topblast's Red Dragon Injector to inject. i haven't checked today but still worked last night so i'm guessing it's not patched yet.
    I downloaded Red Dragon Injector, and it doesn't open. It's always giving me an error code.
    I'm on Windows XP, any ideas on why it won't run?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    apparently the hack just got patched. i haven't been able to test it yet but will soon.