Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Got stuck under the bench press bar

I was on my last set of bench pressing, started with 65kg and decreased to 55kg. Since 55kg is pretty easy for me, decided that I don't need a spotter on this one. Benched it like 8 times, then decided to bench one more time and failed to push the bar up. Happened to me before but I got rig of the weighs by lowering the bar on left and right side to drop weights, but this time, decided to wait for my friend to help me since he was in the gym, doing another exercises. I called for him for like 4 times, in this time trying to push bar back up on the first level but failed every time, dropping the barbell on my chest and moving it through the whole chest area to keep tension on whole chest and not fuck my rib cage up. My friend heard me after like 30 secs, and came quickly to help me. When he lifted the bar up, I had no gas at all (couldn't breath/talk) and felt very bad for like 1 min. My sternum hurt like hell. Decided to take an 1 week break, but the fact is that the sternum still hurts me pretty bad, when I'm moving or breathing. Has anybody experienced that before?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Go get it checked just in case,there are no certified doctors in mpgh so this is just my opinion
    Take a few deep breaths.Does it hurt?
    Bruises?Has the pain subsidized over the past few days of the incident?(If it happened today and you can't go to a doctors give it a few days)
    Try stretching your torso slightly(Emphasize on slightly) just to check if it hurts.

Running a top notch service!
    Make sure you've added the correct guy by verifying through the button above!
    I NEVER take payments UPFRONT!

Thanks
    Go to your Doctor and get it checked, no one get really assess you over the internet and its just not worth it if it turns out to be worse than you thought.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Never I was trying to hit my max after a month of benching every monday and thursday and got up to 180lbs and felt like I was gonna die but just push out two and put it on the second lowest bar holder. One of my friends had the same accident once and I had to run over and help him get the bar off his chest.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    1 week and 5 days passed since the accident. I can breathe/ doing crunches and bench press without any pain, I can barely feel the pain only when pulling something or when it's cold outside. Hope I'm going to fully recover. Didn't went to a doctor cause he can't diagnose me without an x-ray, I don't want to take an useless x-ray since it's almost impossible to fracture the sternum with 60kg. If the pain still persists for 2 more weeks, I'm taking an x-ray, but it got better now. Plus, the doctor would say: no more gym for 1 month. I can't miss gym for more than 2 days.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I wouldve just dumped if my friend didnt hear me for the 3rd time
    At least you're recovering well tho!
    Bonjour!

Payment Method: PayPal,CC,BTC

Thanks
    At least avoid chest exercise's for the next times.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalia View Post
    At least avoid chest exercise's for the next times.
    No don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    1 week and 5 days passed since the accident. I can breathe/ doing crunches and bench press without any pain, I can barely feel the pain only when pulling something or when it's cold outside. Hope I'm going to fully recover. Didn't went to a doctor cause he can't diagnose me without an x-ray, I don't want to take an useless x-ray since it's almost impossible to fracture the sternum with 60kg. If the pain still persists for 2 more weeks, I'm taking an x-ray, but it got better now. Plus, the doctor would say: no more gym for 1 month. I can't miss gym for more than 2 days.
    How long have you been lifting? You should be able to feel the "last rep". You need to build muscle-mind connection too to indicate when you've reached max.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by hackforever View Post
    No don't.

How long have you been lifting? You should be able to feel the "last rep". You need to build muscle-mind connection too to indicate when you've reached max.
    More than 6 months of lifting (plus 3 more but with break). Well, I felt my last rep but I thought that I could just do 1 more since it was like 65% of my RM and yeah, my friend was there so I thought he could hear me in case I need.

Thanks
    dude go see doctor.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by WalmartBird View Post
    dude go see doctor.
    Well, doctor can't diagnose me, you know? It's not like he can see through my chest. He's going to send me to rest for like 1 month, cause I live in Romania and doctors are weak in fitness activities. X-Ray has a lot of long term risks if done frequently, I better keep it when I really need an xray

Thanks
    Well, doctor can't diagnose me, you know? It's not like he can see through my chest. He's going to send me to rest for like 1 month, cause I live in Romania and doctors are weak in fitness activities. X-Ray has a lot of long term risks if done frequently, I better keep it when I really need an xray
    really ? didn't know xray was dangerous frequently.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Vendetta i just googled it and yeah it can be dangerous, but very low chance.
    hero is info

X-rays can cause mutations in our DNA and, therefore, might lead to cancer later in life.

While X-rays are linked to a slightly increased risk of cancer, there is an extremely low risk of short-term side effects.

Exposure to high radiation levels can have a range of effects, such as vomiting, bleeding, fainting, hair loss, and the loss of skin and hair.

However, X-rays provide such a low dose of radiation that they are not believed to cause any immediate health problems.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by WalmartBird View Post
    However, X-rays provide such a low dose of radiation that they are not believed to cause any immediate health problems.
    I don't want cancer when I'm 60. We already get enough radiations from phones, computers, tvs, wi fi etc

Thanks
    I would get it checked out by the doctor just in case... you may have contracted something...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    happend to me yesterday lol i couldnt breath and some random guy came and lifted it up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast