Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Question How-To find fishing pointers

I've watched a few video's and read the tutorials on this site but still can't seem to get the right pointers. Is there someone on here who is willing to detail a step-by-step on how to do this, which tool to use, and anything else useful? Please based the tutorial on software and capabilities of a Windows operating system.

It seems like no one is posting updated pointers anymore. I really don't mind doing it myself if I could just get it to work!

Thanks in advance, hopefully!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by AngrySimian View Post
    I've watched a few video's and read the tutorials on this site but still can't seem to get the right pointers. Is there someone on here who is willing to detail a step-by-step on how to do this, which tool to use, and anything else useful? Please based the tutorial on software and capabilities of a Windows operating system.

It seems like no one is posting updated pointers anymore. I really don't mind doing it myself if I could just get it to work!

Thanks in advance, hopefully!
    Sure i guess i can make a sort of step by step guide on how i find them within the next couple days.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by phj280600 View Post
    Sure i guess i can make a sort of step by step guide on how i find them within the next couple days.
    That would be amazing! I'm really quite computer literate but I just can't seem to successfully get the pointers with the Cheat Engine tutorials I've tried so far. Probably something super lame that I'm missing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ok so there are many ways which u can use to find all the pointers, but i would recommend these two.

The easy but a bit time consuming way:
    Step 1. Open trove, cheat engine and then allocate trove to cheat engine,
    Step 2. Start fishing and then depending on if you wanna find the state address search for 1, then stop fishing then search for 0 continue until you find an address,
    if you wanna find catch address then search for 0 then start fishing once the line pops search for 1, repeat till you find an address.
    Step 3. Right click on the address choose pointer scan for this address in max offsets per node put 6 in max level put 6 (You can probably get away with less but this scan wont take long anyway) in Nr of threads scanning put 2 (so you can do other shit meanwhile).
    Step 4. Close trove then repeat Step 1-3 (but dont close cheat engine just trove) once you've found the address again go to the pointer scan you made click pointer scanner then choose rescan memory put in the address you just got and click ok. Once the rescan is done choose any address that has trove.exe in it.
    Step 5. Repeat for all the addresses you need though with this method you may end up with different baseaddresses for each pointer and some fishing bots only take in one to solve this use the second method.

The slightly harder but when done right quicker way:
    Step 1. Open trove, cheat engine and then allocate trove to cheat engine,
    Step 2. Start fishing and then depending on if you wanna find the state address search for 1, then stop fishing then search for 0 continue until you find an address,
    if you wanna find catch address then search for 0 then start fishing once the line pops search for 1, repeat till you find an address.
    Step 3. Right click on the address choose pointer scan for this address in max offsets per node put 6 in max level put 6 (You can probably get away with less but this scan wont take long anyway) in Nr of threads scanning put 2 (so you can do other shit meanwhile).
    Step 4. Close trove then repeat Step 1-3 (but dont close cheat engine just trove) once you've found the address again go to the pointer scan you made click pointer scanner then choose rescan memory put in the address you just got and click ok. Once the rescan is done choose any address that has trove.exe in it.
    Step 5. Now that you have the pointer for water catch use a hex calculator to calculate the last offsets. So in my experience there is a pattern to the last offsets try adding or subtracting either 268, 26C or 4D0 to the last offset and see if it works.
    Step 6. Repeat Steps 1-4 but with the water state this time and dont just pick any address in the pointer rescan find an address that has the same baseaddress then do step 5. to get those pointers.
    Step 7. You're done you now have all 8 pointer under the same baseaddress.

Note: this might not be the best way to find them, but it works for me.

Also as of U10 the 21/12/18 the pointers are:

Base Address: 0x00E95AC8
    Water State: 0x0+0x6C+0x1C+0x4C+0x14+0x550
    Choco State: 0x0+0x6C+0x1C+0x4C+0x14+0x7B8
    Lava State: 0x0+0x6C+0x1C+0x4C+0x14+0x2E8
    Plasma State: 0x0+0x6C+0x1C+0x4C+0x14+0x7C
    Water Catch: 0x0,0x6C,0x1C,0x50,0x0,0x770
    Choco Catch: 0x0,0x6C,0x1C,0x50,0x0,0x9D8
    Lava Catch: 0x0,0x6C,0x1C,0x50,0x0,0xC44
    Plasma Catch: 0x0,0x6C,0x1C,0x50,0x0,0xEAC

- - - Updated - - -

That would be amazing! I'm really quite computer literate but I just can't seem to successfully get the pointers with the Cheat Engine tutorials I've tried so far. Probably something super lame that I'm missing.
    Hope you can use my quite unelegant tutorial.
    Last edited by phj280600; 12-21-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thank you for the tutorial and the newest pointer, but I got stumbled appoint a few problems while following the videos or your guide.

My pointer results only showed that '044F7D8' address is the only result that will be 1 at fishing and 0 at not fishing no matter how many times I am restarting trove. So when I am going through step 4, it's not really reducing the amount of pointerscan results I had previously. Am I doing something wrong here, or is it supposed to have only one address showing?

And can you explain a bit more on step 5 by adding/subtracting the values 268, 26C or 4D0
    Did you mean using the value from offset 3 (or whatever last offset needed for your fishing bot) +/2 268/26C/4D0? If it's not, which value are you subtracting/adding from?
    It doesn't seem to arise the results from the pointers you provided though. Thank you very much
    Last edited by ccab1; 12-23-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by ccab1 View Post
    Thank you for the tutorial and the newest pointer, but I got stumbled appoint a few problems while following the videos or your guide.

My pointer results only showed that '044F7D8' address is the only result that will be 1 at fishing and 0 at not fishing no matter how many times I am restarting trove. So when I am going through step 4, it's not really reducing the amount of pointerscan results I had previously. Am I doing something wrong here, or is it supposed to have only one address showing?

And can you explain a bit more on step 5 by adding/subtracting the values 268, 26C or 4D0
    Did you mean using the value from offset 3 (or whatever last offset needed for your fishing bot) +/2 268/26C/4D0? If it's not, which value are you subtracting/adding from?
    It doesn't seem to arise the results from the pointers you provided though. Thank you very much
    Im not an expert and the tutorial was written quite quickly, but ill help you until you understand it

Ok so the first thing u said was that you only find 1 pointer that points to when you are fishing in x liquid?
    Im not sure if you did it right but you should do a pointer scan then find the address again then rescan the last pointer scan with the new address. Please elaborate if this does not help you.

Ok second thing is about the offset calculations, something that i didn't remember at the time is that you can just do the first method on all the pointers and then sort through them until you find one under the same address.
    The offset calculations is something i do to the last offset. I've found that this works atleast when there is 6 offsets, but it may be different for more or less offsets. You can find the values you need to add or subtract by using method one then calculating the differences between those last offsets.
    So to calculate the values use a hex calculator just use the first you find on google. Put in the last offset of the last pointer that you know is correct then add or subtract the numbers i listed above, paste the new offset into cheat engine and see if it works, if it doesn't try the others or try finding your own patterns.

I hope this anwsers your questions if not feel free to ask more.

Thanks
    Ok so the first thing u said was that you only find 1 pointer that points to when you are fishing in x liquid?
    Im not sure if you did it right but you should do a pointer scan then find the address again then rescan the last pointer scan with the new address. Please elaborate if this does not help you.
    Let me elaborate what steps I have gone through:
    Goal: I am trying to find the pointer for water catch.
    So, I followed your instructions from 1-3 and then found that i.e. 044F7D8 is the address that will be 1 at catch and 0 at other times. I scanned it and have a list of pointers with 60k+ results.
    Then I restarted trove again, switched worlds and even location. But the new address found is still '044F7D8', then I put the address at the old scanned results and nothing changed since the pointer address is the same. So how can I narrow down my results? The same applied to other liquids (where each liquids have their individual address).
    Am I doing something wrong?

Ok second thing is about the offset calculations, something that i didn't remember at the time is that you can just do the first method on all the pointers and then sort through them until you find one under the same address.
    The offset calculations is something i do to the last offset. I've found that this works atleast when there is 6 offsets, but it may be different for more or less offsets. You can find the values you need to add or subtract by using method one then calculating the differences between those last offsets.
    So to calculate the values use a hex calculator just use the first you find on google. Put in the last offset of the last pointer that you know is correct then add or subtract the numbers i listed above, paste the new offset into cheat engine and see if it works, if it doesn't try the others or try finding your own patterns.
    Alright that makes sense, I am using Nippy's bot where there's only 4 offset values needed, so I didn't change the last value...But what you mean by
    'You can find the values you need to add or subtract by using method one then calculating the differences between those last offsets.'
    So you find the offset, for example 1,2,3,4,5,x for the last known working one. and the new one you found on method one is 6,7,8,9,0,y but the base address and other offset values are different...
    So you find the difference y-x ? And is this the pattern if that I am looking for even though?

Ok, through trial and error I managed to find the base, offset and state value from the scanned results. However, the values can only be worked on one specific account. I created a new account however the bot detect as 'unknown' state for some reason. Is that the reason why you need to subtract the last value so it can be used to be generally?

If not why do you need to subtract the last pointer value and how can I solve the problem to find an offset that can be applied for more than one account?

Also real stupid question, how do you sort through to find a specific base address on CE pointer results ?
    Thank you very much for answering all these questions/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ok so the thing with the address being static is really weird since it shouldn't be so im not sure if you're messing something up or what is going on.

What i meant by u can calculate them was that each pointer is set a certain distance away from the next in line and it usually goes water - choco - lava - plasma so to calculate how much to add to find that pointer for example if we wanna get the lava pointer we take the last offset of the choco pointer and minus it by the last water offset which should give you an how much is in between those 2 offsets then take the last choco offset and add the offset u just calculated and see if it works. You can always just find the address manually and see the difference between them and use that.

If it only works with 1 account its not the true pointer.

There are sort columns under the pointer scan you can also rescan it to find a certain value or address.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    is simple but still i cant do this xD doing skip for st is much easier :/
    Last edited by BlindGhost; 01-09-2019 at 02:50 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindGhost View Post
    is simple but im still cant do this xD doing skip for st is much easier :/
    It's really not that difficult.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I managed to find the base address 0x00E8EBBC
    as well as a bite in the water 0x68+0xE4+0x218+0x1F0

but I cannot find the definition of a point of a fluid
    I can't figure out how to do it.

help me please

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeMi View Post
    I managed to find the base address 0x00E8EBBC
    as well as a bite in the water 0x68+0xE4+0x218+0x1F0

but I cannot find the definition of a point of a fluid
    I can't figure out how to do it.

help me please
    how you manage to find the catch pointer but then fuck up finding the state pointer is beyond me literally just search for 1 when it's in the liquid and search for 0 when it isn't then do the same pointer scans stuff you did to find the catch pointer.

Thanks
    I don't think I ever said thank for doing this! Appreciate it.
    @phj2806002 I do have a couple questions. I still am unable to successfully do this. I'm really not a dumb as I seem!

If I understand my results correctly, in the Pointer Scanner, the Base address is the pointer and the Offsets to the right of the Base address correspond to Offset or StateOffset, depending on if liquid type or catch scans were performed.

I have successfully scanned for the liquid type which to me means that I have the pointer and WaterOffset correct.
    This is my result:
    Pointer: 0x00FDBC50
    WaterOffset: 0xB0+0xEC+0x4+0x73C

The next step is to scan for "catch". Do I understand that in the pointer scan results for "catch" I need to find the WaterOffset base address of 00FDBC50? I have scanned many, many, many times but my rescans have never had a base address that matches my WaterOffset scan. I have done the WaterOffset scan several times and I get the same base and offsets every time so I am pretty sure it's correct.

For the "catch" scan I've tried to scan 0 with nothing in the water, then scan 1 when the lure is bobbing. I've also tried to scan 0 with the lure in the water and then 1 when the lure is bobbing. I can get results but catch is not working for any of them, I believe because the pointer (base address) is not the same as I am using for liquid detect.

Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    pointers.png  

Last edited by AngrySimian; 01-29-2019 at 10:27 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AngrySimian For This Useful Post:

benny724 (01-30-2019)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I don't think I ever said thank for doing this! Appreciate it.
    @phj2806002 I do have a couple questions. I still am unable to successfully do this. I'm really not a dumb as I seem!

If I understand my results correctly, in the Pointer Scanner, the Base address is the pointer and the Offsets to the right of the Base address correspond to Offset or StateOffset, depending on if liquid type or catch scans were performed.

I have successfully scanned for the liquid type which to me means that I have the pointer and WaterOffset correct.
    This is my result:
    Pointer: 0x00FDBC50
    WaterOffset: 0xB0+0xEC+0x4+0x73C

The next step is to scan for "catch". Do I understand that in the pointer scan results for "catch" I need to find the WaterOffset base address of 00FDBC50? I have scanned many, many, many times but my rescans have never had a base address that matches my WaterOffset scan. I have done the WaterOffset scan several times and I get the same base and offsets every time so I am pretty sure it's correct.

For the "catch" scan I've tried to scan 0 with nothing in the water, then scan 1 when the lure is bobbing. I've also tried to scan 0 with the lure in the water and then 1 when the lure is bobbing. I can get results but catch is not working for any of them, I believe because the pointer (base address) is not the same as I am using for liquid detect.

Any ideas?
    Seeing as you have the waterstate pointer i would suggest that you either try increasing the scan level and number of offsets or start doing some hex calculations to find it. All the fishing pointers sit a certain amount of space away from eachother in a certainer order.

Try: Step 5. Now that you have the pointer for water catch use a hex calculator to calculate the last offsets. So in my experience there is a pattern to the last offsets try adding or subtracting either 268, 26C or 4D0 to the last offset and see if it works.

They should be in this order:
    NOTE: these are not up to date they are just for example of the space between each fishing pointer.
    Water State: 0x0+0x6C+0x1C+0x4C+0x14+0x550
    Choco State: 0x0+0x6C+0x1C+0x4C+0x14+0x7B8
    Lava State: 0x0+0x6C+0x1C+0x4C+0x14+0x2E8
    Plasma State: 0x0+0x6C+0x1C+0x4C+0x14+0x7C
    Water Catch: 0x0,0x6C,0x1C,0x50,0x0,0x770
    Choco Catch: 0x0,0x6C,0x1C,0x50,0x0,0x9D8
    Lava Catch: 0x0,0x6C,0x1C,0x50,0x0,0xC44
    Plasma Catch: 0x0,0x6C,0x1C,0x50,0x0,0xEAC

Thanks
    Here are a few more questions.
    1) What is the target number of addresses that should be remaining in a successful scan? I sometimes will have 2, 10, 30, or more addresses. Does it really matter?

2) Of the found addresses, which should be selected to run the pointer scan on? I've read/seen other tutorials that suggests always picking the first on the list.

3) Does moving around mess the scan up? I will sometimes be stuck at 200+ addresses but if I move to a new fishing location of the same water type I can typically get the found addresses down into the 5-15 left range.

4) On the second "verify" scan, does the Glyph launcher need to be closed also, or just Trove?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast